1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pictures of PDX Amps under seats

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Rubberdown, May 6, 2021.

1. May 6, 2021 at 5:38 AM
    Rubberdown

Rubberdown [OP] Spilling my guts here.

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Howdy. Can y’all post pictures of preferably two alpine PDX amps under the driver or passenger seat? After having built the fancy amp rack for the floor under the rear seat of my tundra, I decided I can’t give up the space and that’s about the only spot that’s left that’s out of the way. It sure seems like you couldn’t fit two stacked but I thought I’d seen it

There are three amps total plus a dsp so I would have to do it under both seats. One would be two amps and one would be an amp and the dsp.

Thanks

2. May 6, 2021 at 1:08 PM
    Saltyhero13

Saltyhero13 Throbbing Member

Member:
    Fuel delete mod Cup holder upgrade
    Not sure there is enough room for much under the driver seat. At best you may be able to do one and one under each seat with the DSP under the passenger as well. I ended up putting my HD900 under the rear driver side seat, tucked in as close as possible to the sub. Don't recommend this if you have the seats down, zero air cooling for the amp.

3. May 6, 2021 at 3:06 PM
    Rubberdown

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Man. Darned ole space constraints.

4. May 6, 2021 at 3:39 PM
    Saltyhero13

Saltyhero13 Throbbing Member

Member:
    Fuel delete mod Cup holder upgrade
    Do you have the measurements of the amp?

There is a company that makes seat spacers to lift the seats, that may make enough space to fit an amp under the driver and and/or passenger side. I don't remember who makes them and how safe they are.

Another option is to make a recessed cavity in the foam in the rear. The middle cubby of the ESB under-seat storage is large enough to fit my amp; cooling would still be an issue. I'm adding an additional heat sink on mine to help with passive cooling.

5. May 8, 2021 at 9:13 AM
    Rubberdown

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Hey thanks for the suggestion. I actually already have the amps on the floor under the carpet. Was going to put this fancy cover I made over them but then decided I need to be able to flip the seats up and out of the way and be able to utilize the floor space for storage. I’m doing a lot more camping and hunting these days and throw crap in there that’s dirty and pointy.

Products Discussed in

To Top