1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Phone, JBL system

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Ericsopa, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Mar 12, 2022 at 5:21 PM
    Ericsopa

Ericsopa [OP] Old man and the sea

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    N of Rio Grande, S of Red, E of Pecos, W of Sabine
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra CrewMax TRD Ltd Super Duper White OVtuned
    About a month ago, I disconnected the battery for some forgotten reason, think I was installing something. A week or so later I got a phone call while driving and a number came up on the JBL display, but no name, so I assumed it was not anyone in my list of contacts. Not recognizing the number, I hung it up, disconnected without answering. I realized later that it was someone I knew, and who was in my list of contacts on the JBL system. So now it seems, after several incoming phone calls that NONE of the names come up for any incoming call from people in the list. It used to show the name, but now, after deleting everything and reconnecting the phone and transferring contacts several times, I still cannot get it to show names on incoming calls. The names that are connected with the phone numbers are listed on the JBL, but it won't display them when one of them calls. I have to leave my phone out, sitting on the console, so I can see a name on the phone when I get a call.

2. May 26, 2022 at 4:26 AM
    anglius

anglius New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Vehicle:
    Blue Tundra
    Hmm, that's odd. Maybe you have the wrong setting on the JBL. Unfortunately, I don't know what to suggest to you. I've never had this problem.
    When I get calls from unknown numbers, they are always those who are not in my phone book. Most often, spammers call and ask many questions and waste my time. Also, there are calls from scammers, which are even more annoying. I use the service sms receive free to register on sites or to confirm identity so as not to leave my number unnecessarily in other people's databases.

3. May 26, 2022 at 6:47 PM
    Ericsopa

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    Thanks. I have no idea why this happened either. I've disconnected the battery before and it's never caused this to happen. Thinking I might disconnect the battery again or remove and reconnect the phone and once again transfer the contacts from my phone.

I do have one idea that has occurred to me though. Not long ago, I went into my phone and removed a lot of "bloatware." Could be that I removed something that would transfer names along with phone numbers. I'm looking into that now too, before I try to transfer again.

4. May 27, 2022 at 7:26 AM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    Have you ever updated the firmware on your stereo? I am sure there is probably an updated version. I just did mine recently, easy and free https://www.toyota.com/firmware-updates

I would load and install update. Then maybe delete and re-pair the phone.

5. May 27, 2022 at 11:40 AM
    Ericsopa

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen Tundra JBL systems are completely different than 2.5 gen JBL. No such thing as updating. There is no software in the machine.

They sound better though ...... :rofl:

6. May 27, 2022 at 8:12 PM
    Speedyman WCC

Speedyman WCC New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Tundra TRD
    BN
    I have had similar issues. 2019 Tundra JBL radio just up and stopped connecting to my Bluetooth. When it does connect, it will disconnect in the middle of phone calls. Mine started when the Toyota entune updated the app and then started acting farktarded afterwards. I absolutely hate the JBL head unit no updates and the navigation is horrid. Straight trash!! Toyota is lucky I'm not a lawyer.

Products Discussed in

To Top