1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Passenger airbag doesn't turn on sometimes

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Randy Morton, May 30, 2016.

1. May 30, 2016 at 7:07 PM
    Randy Morton

Randy Morton [OP] Life takes its toll, please have exact change.

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Deepinahearta, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Double Cab, Beta Variant (I call it my Land Yacht)
    We've had the truck for two whole weeks now and we've noticed that the passenger airbag will, on rare occasions, show off instead of on when my wife is there. If we stop, kill the engine, and she unbuckles and gets out, then gets in, rebuckles, and I restart the engine, it shows to be on. We usually start the engine before buckling in, Texas summers heat up the inside of a car quickly and I don't waste time getting the cooling started. Is this something I need to have checked, or am I causing this during the buckle/startup sequence?

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  2. May 30, 2016 at 7:13 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    I see what is going on here. Is this a nice way of telling your wife she is skinny and her tight little ass just will not set off the sensor? I suppose you plan on showing this thread to her as well. I'm gonna keep my eye on you mister...

Just kidding....

I would have it checked. The sensor is supposed to go off at over something like 40lbs or something like that. Should be an easy thing to diagnose. Keep us posted on this please.

3. May 30, 2016 at 7:26 PM
    Mike

Mike Tread lightly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    south carolina
    Vehicle:
    2003 tundra sr5 4x4 stepside....
    yep bank account is running low from it..
    The sequence doesn't matter if the transmission is in park tho it can be in drive and it should still pick up someone getting in the seat.

Sometimes it may kick out depends how she sits in the seat like the edge for example.

If none the above solve the problem take it to the dealer and have them test the weight sensor in the seat.

Products Discussed in

To Top