1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Parasitic Draw

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Chris71504, May 16, 2019.

1. May 16, 2019 at 3:16 PM
    Chris71504

Chris71504 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crew Max 1794 edition
    2" Level, 33" tire, Aftermarket stereo
    Hi All,
    New to the forum, please forgive the long drawn out post/question, but I've been fighting this problem for about a year now. Probably the best way to describe it is a list of events of Battery drain:
    12 months ago- Had 3 amp audio system in for about a year with no problem. Switched an amp & set of speakers, then started getting a .11 amp draw. (3 days & battery dead). Disconnected system and still the draw. Took it to local Auto electric, 400$ later diagnosed as bad BCM. Took it to dealer and had it replaced.
    10 months ago- Paranoid because of the costs, I waited a couple months, but since the auto electric place contended that it couldn't be from stereo, I went ahead and reconnected....
    Seemingly the same problem back. .11 amp draw.
    4 months ago-Truck sat for a while having no solution in mind. Then finally I had some free time and I removed the whole system (3 amps, sound processor, sub etc....) and took it back to the dealer. They found nothing, and I drove it and parked it for a while and sure enough.. no problem.
    Last month-After talking with a car audio expert(him stating that I should use a PAC module to get the signal rather than splicing into the stock amp) I gathered the confidence to re-install the system. I actually drove it and parked it for a while and it seemed OK. But then finally after a road trip with the truck and parking it for 4 days, it finally died again. I'm currently experimenting with pulling the short fuse when parked.(pain in the but) just to see if its the BCM again.

I'm very ready to just try and isolate the draw and put a switch on it if thats feasible, but would much rather get to the bottom of it.

Anyone have a similar problem?

2. May 16, 2019 at 3:17 PM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone with knowledge will have an answer for you.

3. May 16, 2019 at 3:44 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    Welcome from NY.

Hopefully someone with knowledge will chime in.

Products Discussed in

To Top