1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Paint Protection Film on Pro Grille?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by ChucklesToy, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Oct 28, 2017 at 8:13 PM
    ChucklesToy

ChucklesToy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited 4X4 Nightshade Blueprint
    BAK MX4, window tint, TRD skid plate
    Have any of you with a Tundra Pro Grille had Paint Protection Film (PPF) like Xpel film installed on your grille as well as other parts of the front end? I have PPF on the front fenders, bumper and hood but they would not install it on my Platinum grille. I recently added the Pro grille, hence the question.

Yes, I know its a truck and all of that, but many of you like to keep yours looking good like I do, minimizing the affect of rock chips and Texas sized bug guts. Let the comments fly, ya'll...

Edit: I have PPF on the Silver Sky surround, but not the plastic black center part. Does anyone have PPF on the black center part of the Pro grille?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. Oct 28, 2017 at 8:15 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Yes, I have. I installed it myself on my Pro grill. I went with SunTek paint protection film from www.lamin-x.com

I absolutely love it.

I only installed it on the painted surround if you will, not the plastic center piece.

3. Oct 28, 2017 at 8:38 PM
    ChucklesToy

ChucklesToy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited 4X4 Nightshade Blueprint
    BAK MX4, window tint, TRD skid plate
    I have it on the surround (Silver Sky) on mine too, but not the center black plastic piece - thanks, that is what I was wondering. Do you have issues with it getting chipped or scratched?

4. Oct 29, 2017 at 4:45 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    I don't, but I only have 13k miles and most are City driving.

Products Discussed in

To Top