1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

P&S Bead Maker Review

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by War Machine, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Apr 13, 2019 at 10:26 AM
    phogallen

phogallen My Last Mid-Life Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black 1794 Fusion Edition
    TRD Pro Grill, front bumper end caps, mirror caps and door handles blacked out. ATC Cap, Cap Pack 6 Gun Drawer, LED lights in CAP, Rhino rails on top, 12 volt accessory plugs. Weathertech floor mats, after market antenae. Ceramic tint film to driver and passenger door. Coachbuilder shims ,+2 shackles, steering kit, bumper shims, Bora 1.25 wheel spacers Bilstein 5100's on mid setting. BW flares with blacked out Route 66 screws. Gloss black powder coated OEM rims and Cooper 295/70/18 ST MAXX. Tech12Volt sound system upgrade...JL C2's doors and C1's on dash, 5 channel JL amp, 2 10inch subs in custom box and DSR1 sound processor...Soundskins in doors and back wall. Trunk and body badges removed. Powder coated tow hooks red. Linex bed lining front bra film and flares along with full ceramic coat. Cramic Pro interior plus windshield treatment. Toyota running boards and TRD anti sway bars in front and rear along with blacked out exhaust tip. TRD door latch cover plates. Full VLED light upgrade puddle, license, interior added footwell plus rear tail light brake, reverse. Added ASM turn signal LED's in front. OPT 7 tailgate light in red. Baja Design amber squadrons wc in front and SR2 Pro's in amber on rear bumper. Filmed reverse light in back, added red shackle on tow hitch and new license plate in front
    December

2. Apr 13, 2019 at 12:53 PM
    War Machine

War Machine [OP] Premium Elite Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Crewmax SR5 Blaaaack
    Then almost definitely they already did iron removal. You don’t need it.

3. Apr 14, 2019 at 6:00 AM
    phogallen

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro Grill, front bumper end caps, mirror caps and door handles blacked out. ATC Cap, Cap Pack 6 Gun Drawer, LED lights in CAP, Rhino rails on top, 12 volt accessory plugs. Weathertech floor mats, after market antenae. Ceramic tint film to driver and passenger door. Coachbuilder shims ,+2 shackles, steering kit, bumper shims, Bora 1.25 wheel spacers Bilstein 5100's on mid setting. BW flares with blacked out Route 66 screws. Gloss black powder coated OEM rims and Cooper 295/70/18 ST MAXX. Tech12Volt sound system upgrade...JL C2's doors and C1's on dash, 5 channel JL amp, 2 10inch subs in custom box and DSR1 sound processor...Soundskins in doors and back wall. Trunk and body badges removed. Powder coated tow hooks red. Linex bed lining front bra film and flares along with full ceramic coat. Cramic Pro interior plus windshield treatment. Toyota running boards and TRD anti sway bars in front and rear along with blacked out exhaust tip. TRD door latch cover plates. Full VLED light upgrade puddle, license, interior added footwell plus rear tail light brake, reverse. Added ASM turn signal LED's in front. OPT 7 tailgate light in red. Baja Design amber squadrons wc in front and SR2 Pro's in amber on rear bumper. Filmed reverse light in back, added red shackle on tow hitch and new license plate in front
    Sounds like a once year thing...can it be used on wheels? Anxious to try some of these products out. Maybe later today if it warms up...

4. Apr 14, 2019 at 7:39 AM
    Pudge

Pudge Sap Wizard

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob
    Yes it's safe on most wheels that I know of

5. Apr 15, 2019 at 12:38 PM
    War Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    I’ll detail anything Sean! That’s the third Ford I’ve done. I spent three hours on the paint. As you can see I didn’t even bother with the wheels, tires, or trim. A big storm was coming in that night, so there wasn’t a lot of point doing those.
    When he got there, he kept saying what a huge difference there was between mine and his, even though he’d washed it a few days before, and they were the same color. He started asking why his paint felt so rough compared to mine.
    Just so happened I had brought a lot of stuff since I was doing my coworker’s Titan, so I went to town on it. There was a ton of purple coming out when I did the Iron X. He spent the rest of the weekend petting it.
    That smoothness always blows everyone’s mind. My daughter’s friend asked if I could make his paint smooth like hers a while back. I told him to bring it over next time he’s in town.

And yeah, it makes the women happy. My wife sent me a text saying those guys were gonna owe her big time if they burned her “truck washer” up. :rofl:

Here’s the Titan I did. I didn’t use Hydro2 and Beadmaker, I used Jescar Powerlock because I like it on gray.

0434F700-BE4E-4E64-BDFE-1219DCF7D871.jpg 10284AD0-3EE0-4690-B9C1-DDBA474935C1.jpg

Pudge likes this.
  6. Apr 15, 2019 at 5:00 PM
    phogallen

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    How about hydro 2 with reload?

7. Apr 15, 2019 at 6:02 PM
    War Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Works great. It was my go to before I discovered Beadmaker.

Pudge likes this.
  8. Apr 15, 2019 at 6:04 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Sap Wizard

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob
    I've done that. They are similar products at the end of the day. I worry about not getting 100% coverage with the hydro2 so I do thing going over it with reload is a great idea. Youd be fully sealed for several months.
    The beadmaker just brings out a superior gloss depth, shine, and slickness. Even though it doesnt last as long it looks and feels the best when used as a final coat

9. Apr 16, 2019 at 4:27 AM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    Looks awesome...I've become a big fan of the Powerlock/ColorLock combination. Putting it on a Challenger tomorrow

War Machine [OP] likes this.
  10. Apr 16, 2019 at 4:33 AM
    War Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    I haven’t tried Colorlock. I’ll look into it. I know many detailers are fans of putting Collinite on top of Powerlock, but I don’t see the benefit.

To Top