1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VF Tuner 3UR Support - Development Tools

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by OVTune, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 20, 2020 at 4:52 PM
    BROGAN

BROGAN FNG

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    East TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro CM Inferno Fast
    Just ceck out build thread in sig
    Dumb question, I just dont have time to read 80 pages and figure this out. I got the base tune flashed. Now, how do I log?

2. Jan 20, 2020 at 5:11 PM
    MrMax

MrMax Introvertigo Eximious Geargasm

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Eastern Iowa, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Crewmax S/C TRD Rock Warrior
    Open up the OV Tune Data logger 1.3.0 while connected to the truck physically. Connect to the truck within the software. Press Start and drive the truck, then press Stop.

BROGAN[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Jan 20, 2020 at 5:27 PM
    BROGAN

BROGAN FNG

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    East TX
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man. I dont think that was explained anywhere. I found the OV Tune Data logger 1.3.0 on what appears to be a blog update. I just googled the name you told me.

And to be quite honest, I dont really know what I have in my base tune either, I think some others have touched on that. Does it come with Gearlock out of the box, or do I request that later?

4. Jan 20, 2020 at 5:36 PM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Dumbest Username

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    I think a lot of people do not know what they have. And most, I believe, of the ECU's are basically in limbo as far as the gear lock. If you requested gearlock, you may or may not have a functioning gearlock. We will just have to be patient while he is finishing up with his Tacoma program. I would imagine everything will be a whole lot more organized once that is complete and Mat puts the effort into the tundra that he has the tacoma. Until then, it's pretty much a mess as to what you have and whether or not what you have works correctly. For now, the main thing you should focus on is getting logs completed and sent to zendesk. This will get things moving for the engine portion of your tune.

HulkSmurf14, BROGAN and Midway like this.
  5. Jan 20, 2020 at 5:42 PM
    BROGAN

BROGAN FNG

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    East TX
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, sounds like solid advice and is reassuring.

TruckyTruck likes this.
  6. Jan 20, 2020 at 5:46 PM
    e30cabrio

e30cabrio I'm e30cabrio, I'm a modaholic

Member:
    West Valley, Phoenix, Az.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Crewmax, 2013 Sequoia Limited
    Sequoia LED Headlights! D.T. L.T. headers, dual exh., BDX, S&B intake, 2018 seat skins.
    Got my second file, flashed it will record tomorrow.

What does gear lock do and why would one want it?

7. Jan 20, 2020 at 6:18 PM
    BROGAN

BROGAN FNG

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    East TX
    Vehicle:
    "Tow Mode Fully Featured Gear Locking
    Tow Mode Shift locking (S-Mode Lock). When in Towing mode (pressing the tow button) you can Lock up the gears and lock the torque converter.
    - Greatly reduces Transmission temperatures
    - Enables FULL user control of the gears and the truck.
    You can fully lock up each gear, floor it at any RPM. No downshifting, no transmission nanny-ing what you want to do.
    Seamless and total control of each gear."

e30cabrio[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jan 20, 2020 at 6:19 PM
    IceDraken

IceDraken New Member

Member:
    Flash is still ver 1.2.2 right?

9. Jan 20, 2020 at 6:23 PM
    BROGAN

BROGAN FNG

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    East TX
    Vehicle:
    Yes thats version of ToyFlash I used, and the one he sent me.

10. Jan 20, 2020 at 6:26 PM
    e30cabrio

e30cabrio I'm e30cabrio, I'm a modaholic

Member:
    West Valley, Phoenix, Az.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Crewmax, 2013 Sequoia Limited
    Sequoia LED Headlights! D.T. L.T. headers, dual exh., BDX, S&B intake, 2018 seat skins.

Thanks, I want that. It has to be requested?

11. Jan 20, 2020 at 6:41 PM
    BROGAN

BROGAN FNG

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    East TX
    Vehicle:
    See TruckyTruck's post a few posts up

TruckyTruck likes this.
  12. Jan 20, 2020 at 7:22 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Save the log too. I forgot to do that once. :facepalm:

TruckyTruck and HulkSmurf14 like this.
  13. Jan 21, 2020 at 12:54 AM
    TOYeti

TOYeti New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 4X4 CM
    Just got my tune files! Will attempt tomorrow and hope it helps with the 35s.

Also do we have a stock file to flash or do we do something else to reset? Just in case gotta start from stock again.

14. Jan 21, 2020 at 6:20 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    Morning folks.
    We are wrapping up this development cycle on both trucks. Thankfully it's the last update for the Tacoma.
    When all features are ready on the Tundra there will be a new flash tool version available as well (1.3.0) along with a datalogger update with new PIDs.

15. Jan 21, 2020 at 6:21 AM
    MrMax

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Eastern Iowa, USA
    Vehicle:
    A bit of old information that has been revised, but still mostly correct. Once OVTune has all the ECU's updated Gearlock will work in either regular or tow/haul mode and is now activated when you move the shifter into S mode with the version 2.0 tune. That said...Gearlock is a feature and must be requested to be incorporated into your tune.

16. Jan 21, 2020 at 6:25 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    Gearlock basically means when you go into S mode, the truck will not downshift when you floor it. Giving you total control of when the truck upshifts or downshifts.
    It's extremely useful with towing. I personally tested towing a 4000lb camper staying locked in 6th for a few hours straight.
    Gearlocked + Torque converter locked towing in 6th it was beautiful.

it is the most requested feature out of everything we do.
    I just need to get this Tacoma done and off my damn dyno so I can get back to the Tundra. The D-4S injection on the Tacoma is just a time consuming rats nets to get through the code.

that being said I am still working on Tundra files at the same time. To give you guys an idea why this takes a while, I have to manually write out the patches for each ECU ID. It's not a "universal" 1 patch for all.

mzim, e30cabrio, Ericsopa and 6 others like this.
  17. Jan 21, 2020 at 7:57 AM
    Seuqoia11

Seuqoia11 New Member

Member:
    @OVTune I have not gotten any response that the logs I sent were received are you behind on logs, or does that mean you still didn't get them? #5221 waiting on base tune revision one. Thanks!

18. Jan 21, 2020 at 8:42 AM
    sask3m

sask3m New Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Black 2019 SR5
    I don't have a tune file yet as I've a 19 but I'm interested in the gearlock feature as I tow a fair bit. When using gearlock do you always start out in 1 then shift your way up to what ever gear you want to use and visa versa?

19. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:16 AM
    Seuqoia11

Seuqoia11 New Member

Member:
    Depends on what version of tune. Mine is push tow haul in d and it shifts automatically up the gears but holds the highest gear your in currently regardless of load/pedal position. In s mode it defaults to 4 on the selector and shifts up to 4 automatically and holds that and you need to manually select 5 or 6 to get into/hold that gear from there. Hard to explain in words...

sask3m likes this.
  20. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:38 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Agreed, there's a lot of If This Then That going on. How the truck drives and shifts depends upon the combination of settings that are implemented with the particular options that are requested. Changing one, two, or more of the settings and the combination of what's on/off dictates the response, kind of like mixing three (or maybe more) colors of paint I suppose.

sask3m likes this.
  21. Jan 21, 2020 at 10:38 AM
    jc153

jc153 Speed-ish Glamper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tundra Ltd CM 4x4
    TC Front Long Travel, ADV Glass Fenders & Bedsides, TC Spindle Gussets & King LT Coilovers, RCV Axles, DuroBumps, CB Steering & Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, SDHQ ABS Sensor Shields, Rear 3.0 ADS Triple Bypasses w/MCM Fab Under Bed Shock Mount Relocation, SUA Deaver I96HD Springs & TC Shackles, MCM Fab Rear Hydro Bumpstop Kit, Solid Offroad Engine Mounts, 17" Method Standards, 37/12.5/17 Toyo RT's, Nitro 488 Gears w/Auburn LSD, Evil Off Road Bumpers, RCI Skid Plates, White Knuckle Sliders, Dirty Deeds Ind. BAMuffler 8" Catback, Baja Designs Lighting, SwitchPros Controller, Custom PS Cooler Relocation Kit, Custom Dual Battery Setup
    @OVTune In reference to S-mode will it be possible to go from D to S in the same gear? For example if I’m in D in 6th gear and shift to S it automatically downshifts into 4th gear.
    I would prefer it stay in whatever gear I’m in while in D when I move it to S-mode.

HulkSmurf14 and snivilous like this.
  22. Jan 21, 2020 at 10:39 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    This is something the Tacoma guys want too, but unfortunately I do not yet know how to do this

23. Jan 21, 2020 at 11:36 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Fair enough!

24. Jan 21, 2020 at 4:55 PM
    Unwildered

Unwildered New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Magnetic Gray CrewMax
    Stubby Antenna :)
    Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been addressed already but I want to know if anyone is having the same experience with the latest Toyflash update (Version 1.2.2).

I received my tune files yesterday and haven't been able to flash them because my truck isn't being recognized by Toyflash.

I've done the following to try to troubleshoot this:
    Uninstalled and re - downloaded Toyflash
    Reinstalled my registry file
    Followed the instructions for how to connect the OBD II to my computer - tried several combinations of connecting the cable, turning the truck's power on, and opening Toyflash.
    Tested my computer's USB ports with another USB device.
    Still no joy :(

I am familiar with the connection process and using Toyflash (sent my ECU ID and system code) but am not able to click the "flash it" button.

All of the clickable buttons in Toyflash are grey'ed out - like they are when there is no usb connected.

Needless to say I am itching to get this tune on my truck, any help is appreciated.

25. Jan 21, 2020 at 5:13 PM
    MrMax

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Eastern Iowa, USA
    Vehicle:
    If I recall correctly I had to update a Microsoft C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) on my PC before the new flash manager and logger would work.

Below is a link to update your PC...
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

Unwildered[QUOTED] and mzim like this.
  26. Jan 21, 2020 at 7:21 PM
    Unwildered

Unwildered New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Magnetic Gray CrewMax
    Stubby Antenna :)
  27. Jan 21, 2020 at 7:51 PM
    shellshock

shellshock Guy who drives a lot

Member:
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Did you have AV turned off?

I believe this issue is typically related to AV removing files.

28. Jan 21, 2020 at 8:03 PM
    jc153

jc153 Speed-ish Glamper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tundra Ltd CM 4x4
    TC Front Long Travel, ADV Glass Fenders & Bedsides, TC Spindle Gussets & King LT Coilovers, RCV Axles, DuroBumps, CB Steering & Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, SDHQ ABS Sensor Shields, Rear 3.0 ADS Triple Bypasses w/MCM Fab Under Bed Shock Mount Relocation, SUA Deaver I96HD Springs & TC Shackles, MCM Fab Rear Hydro Bumpstop Kit, Solid Offroad Engine Mounts, 17" Method Standards, 37/12.5/17 Toyo RT's, Nitro 488 Gears w/Auburn LSD, Evil Off Road Bumpers, RCI Skid Plates, White Knuckle Sliders, Dirty Deeds Ind. BAMuffler 8" Catback, Baja Designs Lighting, SwitchPros Controller, Custom PS Cooler Relocation Kit, Custom Dual Battery Setup
    I had to use third party uninstall software to completely remove the old version and turn off all antivirus and firewalls to get it to load properly.

29. Jan 21, 2020 at 11:02 PM
    mzim

mzim New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Waterloo, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra DC Silver Sky
    285/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers Full ARH long tube system Bilstein 6112 Front +2.7" Bilstein 5160 Rear & Icon 1.5 AAL & +2.0 Shackles Fender Flares 1D6 White Knuckle sliders TRD Grille Morimoto LED Headlights with LED DRL/sequential amber switchback turns Rigid Fogs with Square TRD Bezel 4x LED bed lamps wired in OV Tune base load with iterations coming Tech12Volt remote with 2 way fobs and range extender antenna 4.88s with Auburn TRD skid plate Koyo radiator - FAILED REINSTALLED OEM Tyger tri-fold bed cover Bed mat from Boss 4x4 Front bumper spacers 0.5 inch by Boss 4x4 Pop n Lock tailgate wired in Black badging all around Cover King Urban Cammo seat covers front/back Rough Country Floormats Halo 9 HU Underseat kicker sub JRT upgraded speakers
    Sometimes you need to make sure the drivers for the OBD cable are recognized by TOYFLASH. Can see it at the top. Just something else I noticed while doing mine.

Unwildered[QUOTED] likes this.
  30. Jan 22, 2020 at 5:34 AM
    azTony

azTony member since sept, 2017 and over 1,600 messages

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Sun Lakes, AZ
    Vehicle:
    *** OV Tune Order #4481 *** ECU 0CN21 ***
    2018 Tundra Platinum with Icon Stage 9 w/3.0 and billet UCA, Harrop Elockers, 5.29 on 37’s
    The new logger saves the log file automatically when you stop it. I had to search for the log file location but after that I created a shortcut to get to them.

Vr0ck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top