1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VF Tuner 3UR Support - Development Tools

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by OVTune, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 16, 2019 at 7:01 PM
    Ericsopa

Ericsopa Old man and the sea

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    N of Rio Grande, S of Red, E of Pecos, W of Sabine
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra CrewMax TRD Ltd Super Duper White OVtuned
    Patience...hmm.... actually, I've got time. Nothin' but time. Truck got hit in north Houston yesterday. Sitting in a line of traffic stopped at a red light.....just minding my own business. Young man sitting in a parking lot caught it all on his dash cam. Emailed me the video. Tried to upload, but it's MP4, not an accepted file. Ford F150 pulled into traffic in opposite direction, Corolla hit him, caromed off of him into me. I'm the only one able to drive away, Hit me behind the rear wheel. So it'll be in the body shop pretty soon.
    20191114_155724.jpg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  2. Nov 17, 2019 at 7:07 AM
    azTony

azTony member since sept, 2017 and over 1,600 messages

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Sun Lakes, AZ
    Vehicle:
    *** OV Tune Order #4481 *** ECU 0CN21 ***
    2018 Tundra Platinum with Icon Stage 9 w/3.0 and billet UCA, Harrop Elockers, 5.29 on 37’s
    Anyone with a 2018 who can report any new options for the extra “space” available in our ECU’s?

I have my 500 miles on the new gears and LOVE the new power band with the 5.29’s. I cannot wait for the updated files, I am stuck with the weird shifting where it holds the RMPs while just easing the gas pedal.

3. Nov 17, 2019 at 7:36 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I haven't read of anything, I would guess that it's still in development and hasn't been utilised on anyone's truck outside of Mat's test vehicle.

I think that I've only read maybe three or so of the regulars replying to the forum that have the November Release/Update, I could be off though. Maybe ours will come through some time this week, meanwhile my truck drives very nicely, I just don't have anywhere that I need to drive to, lol. So, just chillin'. :pccoffee:

TruckyTruck likes this.
  4. Nov 17, 2019 at 7:42 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    I've sent updated files to at least 20+ people, and will have 2018s out early next week.

5. Nov 17, 2019 at 7:43 AM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Dumbest Username

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    Don't forget about lil ole me... :hungry:

6. Nov 17, 2019 at 7:49 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    I don't forget about anybody.
    One thing I want to explain so everyone knows. During our downtime I decided that we will, going forward, pretty strictly follow our outlined business hours, and will try to limit our forum time so we can focus more on getting back to people quicker on zendesk.

So, for updates. The best thing to do is not post here, it's sending / updating your ticket on zendesk with a simple message. This will get you right into que if you're not already.
    Our business hours / days are MON-FRI 8AM to 4PM eatern

7. Nov 17, 2019 at 7:50 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    There must be a ton of Tundra owners that are unaware of this forum, or maybe they're lurkers (guests) :spy:.

8. Nov 17, 2019 at 7:52 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Fair enough...:fistbump:

9. Nov 17, 2019 at 7:53 AM
    e30cabrio

e30cabrio I'm e30cabrio, I'm a modaholic

Member:
    West Valley, Phoenix, Az.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Crewmax, 2013 Sequoia Limited
    Sequoia LED Headlights! D.T. L.T. headers, dual exh., BDX, S&B intake, 2018 seat skins.
    As a member of the work outside work hours club I understand how hard it is to take time for myself.
    Take care of yourself!

10. Nov 17, 2019 at 7:54 AM
    osidepunker

osidepunker OsidePunker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DC 4x4
    Full LT, full armor, fully self contained Speed Glamper
    Mat do you think I'll be receiving mine today?? I resent the email like you asked yesterday. Thanks!

Order #5285

Wynnded likes this.
  11. Nov 17, 2019 at 8:25 AM
    Cuban11182

Cuban11182 New Member

Member:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    Kings w/ adjusters, Icon Rebound with Discover AT3 LT 285/75/R17, Airlift bags, ARB dual compressor, OV Tuning,
    I sent my request for update for my 2018 yesterday too, and haven't received it yet. I'm sure he's overwhelmed with the amount of emails. Figured I'd let you know you're not the only one, so I doubt we are forgotten.

12. Nov 17, 2019 at 8:33 AM
    osidepunker

osidepunker OsidePunker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DC 4x4
    well I do kind of feel forgotten. Im not in here trying to bash Mat. I paid for his product and I believe in it. But I sent in my ECU ID in Oct because he told me to. Then he told me if I wanted to try the new tune send him a pm and he would send it to me. Then he told everyone we would get it on the 15th. Then yesterday he says to send the zen desk an email to "get in the que"

I still dont have anything.

Meanwhile, my friend Bruce sent his ECU ID after I did and he got his on Fri.

I'm just trying to understand whats going on here. Feels like Im being intentionally ignored. I'm sure Mat's not ignoring me or others, but he's not following through with his statements either

13. Nov 17, 2019 at 8:39 AM
    jc153

jc153 Speed-ish Glamper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tundra Ltd CM 4x4
    TC Front Long Travel, ADV Glass Fenders & Bedsides, TC Spindle Gussets & King LT Coilovers, RCV Axles, DuroBumps, CB Steering & Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, SDHQ ABS Sensor Shields, Rear 3.0 ADS Triple Bypasses w/MCM Fab Under Bed Shock Mount Relocation, SUA Deaver I96HD Springs & TC Shackles, MCM Fab Rear Hydro Bumpstop Kit, Solid Offroad Engine Mounts, 17" Method Standards, 37/12.5/17 Toyo RT's, Nitro 488 Gears w/Auburn LSD, Evil Off Road Bumpers, RCI Skid Plates, White Knuckle Sliders, Dirty Deeds Ind. BAMuffler 8" Catback, Baja Designs Lighting, SwitchPros Controller, Custom PS Cooler Relocation Kit, Custom Dual Battery Setup
    Is anyone who received their updated tune having issues with gear lock? It doesn’t work for me in S-mode. It only works like my previous tune did when tow haul is on.

osidepunker likes this.
  14. Nov 17, 2019 at 8:45 AM
    MrMax

MrMax Introvertigo Eximious Geargasm

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Eastern Iowa, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Crewmax S/C TRD Rock Warrior
    I can only speak for myself and what I have observed driving the new 2.0 tune. Everything seems to work as described and after a brief 3-4 shift hickup the truck now shifts as smooth and firm as ever. As for your question...Gear lock works in either mode...regular or tow/haul, but only when The shifter is moved into S mode. Was the install successful and showed as such when you installed using the P5Flash utility?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    TruckyTruck likes this.
  15. Nov 17, 2019 at 8:48 AM
    Cuban11182

Cuban11182 New Member

Member:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    Kings w/ adjusters, Icon Rebound with Discover AT3 LT 285/75/R17, Airlift bags, ARB dual compressor, OV Tuning,
    Sorry to hear that. I was wrong, and actually sent my email on Friday shortly before 3PM. It is what it is. Hopefully we both get our tunes soon.

osidepunker[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Nov 17, 2019 at 8:52 AM
    jc153

jc153 Speed-ish Glamper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tundra Ltd CM 4x4
    TC Front Long Travel, ADV Glass Fenders & Bedsides, TC Spindle Gussets & King LT Coilovers, RCV Axles, DuroBumps, CB Steering & Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, SDHQ ABS Sensor Shields, Rear 3.0 ADS Triple Bypasses w/MCM Fab Under Bed Shock Mount Relocation, SUA Deaver I96HD Springs & TC Shackles, MCM Fab Rear Hydro Bumpstop Kit, Solid Offroad Engine Mounts, 17" Method Standards, 37/12.5/17 Toyo RT's, Nitro 488 Gears w/Auburn LSD, Evil Off Road Bumpers, RCI Skid Plates, White Knuckle Sliders, Dirty Deeds Ind. BAMuffler 8" Catback, Baja Designs Lighting, SwitchPros Controller, Custom PS Cooler Relocation Kit, Custom Dual Battery Setup
    Yeah it loaded successfully, I even loaded it a second time to be sure. It gave me the successful notification both times.

17. Nov 17, 2019 at 8:58 AM
    roypark

roypark Semi-pro High Fiver

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra
    A little of this and a little of that. Its pretty run of the mill.
    I think some of the confusion comes from the curt 1 and 2 sentence emails from Zendesk. Like I’m not even sure what features my tune has. I send a detailed email with what I want and when I got my tune it said here’s your tune with adjusted shift points.

TruckyTruck, jc153, Wynnded and 2 others like this.
  18. Nov 17, 2019 at 10:03 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    Roy I sent your file with the things that you asked be updated in the tune and mentioned that in the email.

19. Nov 17, 2019 at 10:05 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle

I received your email for your ECU ID of 0CJ64.
    I have the file and am finishing the changes in it, and will be ready for you monday. When I asked you to PM me I did not know what your ECU ID is/was, and can only of sent it for files that were already done.
    Customers with ECUs that are already finished, will likely receive updates vs a customer with a brand new / never before setup ECU ID. Not that we are putting anyone in front of the line or anything, but sending them their email update takes ~ 5 mins. That's why.

For everyone, how quickly you get an update right now ultimately depends on what your ECU ID is, what needs changed (what you've requested), and where you are at with custom tuning (if you are doing that).

But the process we have now will be much faster than before when we were closed and updates weren't really being sent at all.

Also please be aware that we have many customers that are not on this forum, and an issue we have always had is that we do not know who you are from your forum name.

If it's any help, I will post a list of all "ready" ECU IDs, "working on" ECU IDs, and "still need to obtain data" ECU IDs to the first post of this thread.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Stroke250, Wynnded, Vr0ck and 4 others like this.
  20. Nov 17, 2019 at 11:10 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    If it's any help, I will post a list of all "ready" ECU IDs, "working on" ECU IDs, and "still need to obtain data" ECU IDs to the first post of this thread.

Stroke250, Seuqoia11, Vr0ck and 3 others like this.
  21. Nov 17, 2019 at 11:22 AM
    TruckyTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    I don't think you forget. I'm just posting to post. Entertaining myself and @Wynnded mostly.lol

I thought your business hours were 24/7... :devil: youre talking about working bankers hour now!

Wynnded likes this.
  22. Nov 17, 2019 at 11:28 AM
    TruckyTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    Mat knows me by my forum name... The guy with a dumb user name, a pumpkin chewing it's own lid and posts nonsense that clogs up his thread.

Sorry :wave:

Wynnded likes this.
  23. Nov 17, 2019 at 11:36 AM
    osidepunker

osidepunker OsidePunker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DC 4x4
    Thank you Mat. I'm just looking for realistic time frames so I know what to expect. You say I'll receive it tomorrow, I am ok with that.

24. Nov 17, 2019 at 12:58 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    For continuity (I hope), I've used an email address that is also my username here. I've also kept every email in a single thread in an effort to maintain a conversational timeline. I hope that it's working, I've even considered including my ECU ID in every reply, maybe that will assist efficiency and will make that effort.

TruckyTruck and Vr0ck like this.
  25. Nov 17, 2019 at 1:00 PM
    art64

art64 New Member

Member:
    So far it works for me. Tested it Saturday morning on the way to work. I will test it again this afternoon when I drive back home. And this is for Gear Lock for all S modes. I won't be testing 4HI + S today.

TruckyTruck and jc153[QUOTED] like this.
  26. Nov 17, 2019 at 1:15 PM
    Vr0ck

Vr0ck New Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2016 5.7 MGM DC 4x4
    Toytec Boss C/O, Toytec Shackles, 5160s, nfab step bars, 8" BAMuffler, OVTune, AuxBeam LEDs, Vahalla protection plates
    Samesees as far as keeping the emails as one big chain from the initial registration request to all provided datalogs and tune revisions.

Wynnded[QUOTED] likes this.
  27. Nov 17, 2019 at 2:28 PM
    TruckyTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    Well, I've just been winging it! Lol

But, I do keep all the files I've been sent and notes on how each acted. And I plan on getting rid of all of them except for the stock tune after get the newest revision.

Wynnded likes this.
  28. Nov 17, 2019 at 2:38 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    That'd be an interesting comparison to make. I think that I have all mine too, they'd be in the emails if not on my laptop.

TruckyTruck[QUOTED] likes this.
  29. Nov 18, 2019 at 8:22 AM
    TruckyTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    Does it shift smooth for you Art?

30. Nov 18, 2019 at 8:45 AM
    e30cabrio

e30cabrio I'm e30cabrio, I'm a modaholic

Member:
    West Valley, Phoenix, Az.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Crewmax, 2013 Sequoia Limited
    Sequoia LED Headlights! D.T. L.T. headers, dual exh., BDX, S&B intake, 2018 seat skins.
    I have shipping info! woot!

TruckyTruck, Midway and Wynnded like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top