1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VF Tuner 3UR Support - Development Tools

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by OVTune, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 29, 2020 at 10:31 AM
    Cuban11182

Cuban11182 New Member

Member:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    Kings w/ adjusters, Icon Rebound with Discover AT3 LT 285/75/R17, Airlift bags, ARB dual compressor, OV Tuning,
    Is this for all 0CN61s?

2. Sep 29, 2020 at 10:33 AM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Dumbest Username

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    Back in April of 2019 a bunch of us paid for a completed tune, before the idea of self tuning came about. So the ability for self tuning for the rest of you came from a lot of us patiently waiting and not so patiently waiting for this thing.

snivilous and Wynnded like this.
  3. Sep 29, 2020 at 10:57 AM
    shellshock

shellshock Guy who drives a lot

Member:
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Plus the fact the everyone wants something slightly different - DS / GL / Shift points / throttle response / etc.

TruckyTruck[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Sep 29, 2020 at 11:29 AM
    snivilous

snivilous snivspeedshop.com

Member:
    SW UT
    Vehicle:
    295k Supercharged 2008
    I was actually under the impression originally (early this year/last year whenever I ordered) that stock trucks got a universal tune, you couldn't request shit to be different, you all had the same stuff. Then supercharged trucks got a fancier tune since they had to be datalogged to make sure they were setup correctly. Originally the supercharged tune cost more than the N/A tune, which I thought was to compensate for the slightly custom nature of the supercharged tune for the "canned" tune of the N/A. I thought everyone giving data logs was to provide enough information to get a good N/A tune and then that tune would be effectively "locked" and the canned tune. It seemed like having personalized features became an idea later down the line, though maybe I'm wrong.

5. Sep 29, 2020 at 11:33 AM
    helidave

helidave hellacopter

Member:
    flagstaff
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC 4x4
    Not true. I asked him to tweak a few things in mine going back to the first revision and he did.

6. Sep 29, 2020 at 11:34 AM
    Cuban11182

Cuban11182 New Member

Member:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    Kings w/ adjusters, Icon Rebound with Discover AT3 LT 285/75/R17, Airlift bags, ARB dual compressor, OV Tuning,
    It's been refreshingly quiet, I will say.

7. Sep 29, 2020 at 11:35 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    The tune kind of evolved from its original conception.
    Even with the NAs, there was just too many variables from gears, tires, shift points etc.
    It is my fault, same problem I had on tacomas before it all got done. I made the mistake of openly talking about what's being worked on and tweaked, before it was done and ready.

@dragon racer. That is what we are doing now.

Even with GL, DS, etc, it's far beyond what we planned. Because some people want only direct shift, only gear lock, or only on a 87 file not on 91, etc.

Ended up requiring so much customization, just like the tacomas, that the best result is just let you do it yourself with vF after getting the tune.
    Early adopters get their tunes + tune editable in vF. Future folks get vF if they want it and have to build their own.
    Personally I don't see it being very successful on the tundras anyway. HP Tuners has it locked down, and people spread so much wild and false info online, especially Facebook, that it's probably a losing venture. ( what I mean is people now say buy HP Tuners all other tunes are fake, etc etc etc). But we are still doing it so no worries.

The tundra community seems quite unforgiving and very good at spreading fake info on Facebook (just from what I've seen).

Anyways sorry to rant about it, I'm chipping away at files like always.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  8. Sep 29, 2020 at 11:47 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I want to say bad things about FB, but don't want to talk about FB, never been there.....Done!

Leo's first likes this.
  9. Sep 29, 2020 at 11:49 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    I don't see any more 0CN61s in our open list on Tundra. Are you waiting for files or updates to files

10. Sep 29, 2020 at 11:52 AM
    Cuban11182

Cuban11182 New Member

Member:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    I'm waiting on my final file with Direct Shift and 87 octane. Order 4982.

Your email came in on the 31st of July asking what we wanted, and I replied to your email at 10:20.

11. Sep 29, 2020 at 12:10 PM
    art64

art64 New Member

Member:
    Yes. I'm OCD33.

12. Sep 29, 2020 at 12:28 PM
    Nightshade Tundra

Nightshade Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Vehicle:
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie
    Interested in a tune for my 21 any chance this will be available soon?

13. Sep 29, 2020 at 12:38 PM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    No ETA on 21s. Still working on 20s

14. Sep 29, 2020 at 12:40 PM
    Nightshade Tundra

Nightshade Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Vehicle:
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie
    I appreciate the response enjoy the rest of your day :)

Saltyhero13 likes this.
  15. Sep 29, 2020 at 3:32 PM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Dumbest Username

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    I hate to hear you say that and I completely (respectfully) disagree with you.

first of all, hp tuners is a complete product. That’s the only reason it is successful. Yours is incomplete. It’s damn good, but the only thing holding you back are the unfinished features. I know hp isn’t going to put out the hp and tq that yours did on my truck. So that’s one plus.

the second thing is the transmissions perfect shifting. So what if you can adjust shift points with hp. They still don’t have what you have when it comes to making the tundra not feel like a damn slug while driving it.

the third is the gear lock and tc lock. Do you see hp able to do that? Fuck no. And not to mention direct shift.

look, the engine tune and just regular shifting alone are great alone. But where your real success will be is with the transmission control. This is Selling point for most people. It’s what most of us have been waiting for.

the reason you have people acting like dicks, not that many I might add, is because it’s taken so long. I have no idea what you have on your plate, so forgive me when I say, you just need to get these things hammered out!

I know there is at least one person here that has every feature working. Just build off of that. I’m sure you have numerous ecus that are almost complete. If you had the gl and ds fixed with my ecu, that would be another.

Mat, the tundra would be highly successful if it was completed. Look how many tundras are sold every year! And Mat, you have seriously got to stop having internet fights with people. This does not help at all. Just hit the ignore button on the dicks. You have said these people hurt your business... no. What hurts your business is hundreds of guys waiting on a completed product AND you not being able to let it go when people start acting shitty. When it’s finished, you will have hundreds of happy reviews from customers, or cultists as the turds here like to say.

Look, I think you are a genius with this stuff, so...

Don’t give up on this man. Get your little laptop out and finish painting your masterpiece!

also, you can’t lump everyone in with the people talking shit here. The majority are just silently waiting.

bunz559, Dakar650, PeakIT and 6 others like this.
  16. Sep 29, 2020 at 3:37 PM
    ZPMAN

ZPMAN 2nd place is the 1st looser

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Platinum Supercharged
    4" lift, 35s, Magnuson Supercharger
    I did get my tune a week or so ago, won't be able to install it till the first week of November. Thanks Mat

17. Sep 29, 2020 at 3:58 PM
    lawfarm

lawfarm New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra SR5 Premium TRD Crewmax
    I agree, sort of.

I reached a boiling point of frustration because OV has no phone number and wasn't returning messages in any format. They were sitting on $650 of my money, with no responses, and that's not ok.

I order a tune and specify what I need (all I really need is the 87 octane tune, plus TC forced lock when in S mode), I get a tune, and it doesn't have the promised features. I follow up with email (no response), and I post in this thread. Matt starts by posting that I didn't ask for TC lock, but then goes back and sees my order email where I did order TC lock, and edits his post here to acknowledge that (which I appreciate). However, I still don't have the tune I paid for, and I still don't have a response. The only way I was able to get a response with a tune at all was by posting a public thread explaining my poor customer service experience. I don't want to have to do that every time I have an issue. All I really want is a functioning tune that includes the promised feature...and I will then sing OVTune's praises.

Saltyhero13 likes this.
  18. Sep 29, 2020 at 4:59 PM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle

having your TC lock up is just a switch in the settings. I posted here asking if you had commented about it in the ticket and said I found it. Please give me the time to actually make the changes.

Also I reviewed all of our communication, in your previous emails (before getting any files from us) I don't see anywhere where you specifically requested for the torque converter to remain locked, I only have an email from you asking for GEARLOCK, which is different. I could be wrong, but I did not see in your request to have the TC lock full time along with gearlock.

I am not trying to argue with you. I am just saying none of our email correspondence says anything about locking the TC until AFTER we sent you the gearlock file.

19. Sep 29, 2020 at 5:07 PM
    Cuban11182

Cuban11182 New Member

Member:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    Can I get an update on my tune? Am I the only 0CN61 that hasn't received my tune?

20. Sep 29, 2020 at 5:10 PM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    Can you check your email spam folder? it was emailed to you back in August, is there a problem with that file?

Edit ** sorry your ticket is under solved because of that, that is why it was not in our list.
    I will email you the updated version(s) on the other ticket for your new reg key.

Cuban11182[QUOTED] likes this.
  21. Sep 29, 2020 at 5:10 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I'm kind of guessing that this will be switchable in vF Tuner. More to play with! :thumbsup:

shellshock likes this.
  22. Sep 29, 2020 at 5:15 PM
    Cuban11182

Cuban11182 New Member

Member:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    Just saw your update, disregard this reply.

Also, I just sent you my email to your private message. It should be the same one as the ones on all three tickets.

23. Sep 29, 2020 at 5:16 PM
    lawfarm

lawfarm New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra SR5 Premium TRD Crewmax
    Thanks for the note, and I look forward to getting the updated file.

Please review my emails from August 10-11, 2020 sent to support@ovtune.zendesk.com, with a return name of Rafael Bautista. In the initial email, I said that I "desperately needed the forced lockup for the transmission", and asked "what gears will it lock up in? I'd prefer to have it lock at least down to 2nd gear."

Rafael responded that the features would be available within a month and told me what to order.

I responded, "Thanks. If I can only unlock one tune, should I wait until the TC lock feature is available?"

Rafael responded and explained that I should order now (then), because I wasn't ordering one tune, I was ordering one ECU ID. Here's specifically what he said:

"Unlocked to one ECU ID, not one tune.

Tundras have specific ECU IDs. Usually same year model Tundras have the same ECU ID. For example, some 2018 Tundras could have 0CP50 as their ECU ID. Now, if you have this ECU ID and you get our tune, we will give you the 0CP50 tunes. All 0CP50 tunes we have ever made, and will make will be available to you.

ECU ID is sort of like a batch number for the ECU. You don't buy per tune but per ECU ID. Since you only have one (1) Tundra, that won't be a problem. All tune files we have (and will have) for your Tundra will be available for you.

Thank you and best regards.
    "

I placed the order, and then sent Rafael another email to confirm. Just wanted to be clear that I'm not jerking your chain. I've tried to be pretty transparent in my interactions with you, and I look forward to getting the updated files.

Updated to italicize quotes for easier reading.

24. Sep 29, 2020 at 5:18 PM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    can you PM me your email please I just want to be sure all these different tickets are you.

Okay so it was an issue that this ticket went to Rafael, was answered and submitted as solved. Sorry I did not see this. That is my fault. We try to submit tickets as solved once answered because we get hundreds per week.

Want to say I completely agree. I am not lumping everyone together. We will come back stronger through this.

HulkSmurf14 likes this.
  25. Sep 30, 2020 at 4:16 AM
    Cuban11182

Cuban11182 New Member

Member:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    Mat, can I expect my tune this week then?

26. Sep 30, 2020 at 6:12 AM
    pnw.tundra

pnw.tundra PNW Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Pro | Prev 2020 Tundra aka Blue Whale
    For us taco owners who made the switch to a Tundra, this thread is like reliving the TW mess. Same complaints, different forum. I understand why Matt is going to VFT. Having flashed every beta since the beginning, I can attest that the final (read: soon!) canned tune for the Tacoma was awesome. While it was painful to get there, he fixed Toyota's problem, not his. I'm hoping to unlock the 20 ECU's soon cause it's painful to sit anxiously awaiting our calibrations to become available.

Matt/Rafael: put me on the beta list for the 2020 ECU's.

Ruggybuggy, PeakIT, DanoDavis and 2 others like this.
  27. Sep 30, 2020 at 7:29 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    yes for sure

Cuban11182[QUOTED] likes this.
  28. Sep 30, 2020 at 7:44 AM
    PeakIT

PeakIT Old Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR Tundra Double cab
    Coachbuilder 3” shackles, King extended travel, SPC upper arms, 5:29 gears, FN FX rims,35"tires, leer shell, grill
    Sitting patently waiting for a finished 2019 product after liking it when OV tunes first came out with beta on my 16 Tacoma. I never even got the final Tacoma tune before giving up on the Taco and selling it.

All the bickering about Beta software makes me ignore it for a few months then come back to see progress towards a finished product. I usually sell trucks every 2 years and its getting close. Then the 2021 wont be unlocked.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  29. Sep 30, 2020 at 7:47 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle

2019 Tundra is already fully supported in vF Tuner, not in beta.

I think everyone needs to make a clear distinction between FLASH KIT (original adopters) and vF Tuner (Like HP Tuners).

There is nothing "beta" about anything in vF Tuner for any 18+ Truck.

30. Sep 30, 2020 at 7:53 AM
    PeakIT

PeakIT Old Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR Tundra Double cab
    Coachbuilder 3” shackles, King extended travel, SPC upper arms, 5:29 gears, FN FX rims,35"tires, leer shell, grill

So right now i can buy VF tuner with a safe base tune I can further tune myself or at a Dyno shop for the 2019?
    163 pages of this is very confusing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top