1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VF Tuner 3UR Support - Development Tools

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by OVTune, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 2, 2020 at 7:43 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    Alternator control is available for the 3rd gen tacoma.
    From the look of the schematics, the Tundra controls charging voltage by a series of special relays/fuses.

Cuban11182 likes this.
  2. Jul 2, 2020 at 8:55 AM
    Cuban11182

Cuban11182 New Member

Member:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    Kings w/ adjusters, Icon Rebound with Discover AT3 LT 285/75/R17, Airlift bags, ARB dual compressor, OV Tuning,
    I wasn't specifically asking for the ability to adjust but rather wondering if things like this will be implemented.

IE

Gear lock switch; put to 1 for on or 0 for off.
    Tire size; ability to input what our tire size is. I'm guessing that our speedo goes off the wheel sensors?
    The ability to turn of or on DTCs (not specifically talking about O2 codes for those with headers).

For those who may be wondering, the image is a list of the current menus. There are subcategories under each one as well.

VF Tuner.jpg

3. Jul 2, 2020 at 9:17 AM
    Rockgate

Rockgate New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2022 CMLB TRD OR Prem. 4X4 and 2002 RCLBV65Spd
    Is this in just the vF software or do you have the Tundra tune pack too? Can you look under upshift and down shift schedule? Wondering if this is where gear lock and direct shift are. I'm really wanting to get this but not if the features aren't there yet.

4. Jul 2, 2020 at 9:34 AM
    Cuban11182

Cuban11182 New Member

Member:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    Kings w/ adjusters, Icon Rebound with Discover AT3 LT 285/75/R17, Airlift bags, ARB dual compressor, OV Tuning,
    The features aren't available for everyone yet. I don't have direct shift, but do have gear lock. Looking at the up and downshift schedule it only lists them from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, etc and of course down. It is just the table for shifting up and down. Years ago I had a truck with a superchips tuner that you could adjust the shift points and increase line pressure all from the handheld.

For gear lock to work it needs to be triggered in manual mode. I'm guessing once that "trigger" is seen by the ECU or TCU or whatever, then it changes from the "D" shift table to the "manual mode" shift table. This one, i'm guessing, is the regular "D" mode shift tables.

Again, this is just a guess.

5. Jul 2, 2020 at 10:21 AM
    Rockgate

Rockgate New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2022 CMLB TRD OR Prem. 4X4 and 2002 RCLBV65Spd
    Ok Thanks. I've dabbled with crome for my crx years ago. It was neat because you could address vacant sensor wires to trigger like a rev limit. I used the clutch start switch to limit to 4500rpms. Then when you dump the clutch, it engages and opens the throttle till it hit the shift limit at 7600rpms. It was dirty but worked.

6. Jul 2, 2020 at 10:23 AM
    Cuban11182

Cuban11182 New Member

Member:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    I had that with both my Titan (5 maps that could be triggered with the cruise buttons) and the VW. The Jetta had 3 code blocks (Auto, Manual, AWD) and you could all 3 different maps and adjust them with VCDS and identifying which block to look in (4, 5, 7). I'm guessing this is basically the same thing.

Rockgate[QUOTED] and 4firemandan like this.
  7. Jul 7, 2020 at 3:33 PM
    4firemandan

4firemandan Superduper Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    SWFL
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4x4, 5.7
    TRD Supercharger, Ported SC inlet, RCF TB, 4.5” intake, WMI, 2.38 pulley, custom tune, DW660 inj, aeromotive fpr, msd boost-a-pump
    Is the vf tuner software the same scanning software that we currently have?

I would love for it to be able to graph the data for us. Currently you'd have to know how to use excel and it's not the cleanest, fastest, or easiest to try to decipher.

Matt,
    You still on track for a full (or mostly full) vf tuner Tundra release in July?

Vr0ck likes this.
  8. Jul 7, 2020 at 4:45 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    You use the Data Logger to look at your logs (graphs). It's a separate program from vF Tuner which I understand is for flashing (.vft and .p5f) and editing the (.vft only) tunes.

9. Jul 7, 2020 at 7:47 PM
    4firemandan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    SWFL
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4x4, 5.7
    TRD Supercharger, Ported SC inlet, RCF TB, 4.5” intake, WMI, 2.38 pulley, custom tune, DW660 inj, aeromotive fpr, msd boost-a-pump
    I didn't realize we had that option in the data logger.

I've used it but only to do basic CSV type logging.. No graphs.

I'll have to play with it more tomorrow and see if I can look at those logs in any kind of graph form.

10. Jul 7, 2020 at 8:56 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    File>Open Log Directory while connected to your truck. I just did it not connected and it opened Excel like it must've for you. I've always done it while connected to my truck until now, lol. When I actually recorded the logs, I peeked at them while still out in the truck (connected) and the PIDs I looked at were graphed.

4firemandan[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jul 8, 2020 at 5:04 AM
    azTony

azTony member since sept, 2017 and over 1,600 messages

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Sun Lakes, AZ
    Vehicle:
    *** OV Tune Order #4481 *** ECU 0CN21 ***
    2018 Tundra Platinum with Icon Stage 9 w/3.0 and billet UCA, Harrop Elockers, 5.29 on 37’s
    How much extra is this software?

12. Jul 8, 2020 at 11:32 AM
    4firemandan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    SWFL
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4x4, 5.7
    Hmmm... Still only excel.

13. Jul 8, 2020 at 5:03 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Huh, dang. When I have the chance, I'll see if I can stumble on something...or not. :confused:

14. Jul 9, 2020 at 2:55 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Okay, I wasn't even close. You use vF Tuner to look at a graphing of the PIDs. Mat has the ones that he's interested in seeing preselected in the Data Logger when you record a log, or you can select your own, again in the Data Logger. PIDs > Select PIDs. Selecting a large number may slow your computer down though. The logging rate in the Data Logger can be changed too (Recording > Set Logging Rate), but a fast rate and a lot of PIDs will probably be too much for your computer, from what I've read. In vF Tuner, File > Open CSV. You may have to manually navigate to the Logs folder when File Explorer opens. Then a small window opens, expand it and tick the PIDs that you want to look at from Mat's or your preselected list. You don't need to be connected to anything.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  15. Jul 10, 2020 at 7:43 AM
    Rocklobster

Rocklobster New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Crew SR5 TRD
    I sure wish it were that easy. Going on a couple months of emails to them and very few responses...still dont have a calibration from them.

theraven likes this.
  16. Jul 11, 2020 at 11:54 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    Chad it hasn't been a few months according to our emails. You emailed on at the end of May that you had a flash kit that you had not used at all yet, and were beginning to setup.
    Then in june you wanted to switch it to vF Tuner, which we are working on for you.

I emailed you yesterday that we needed information about your injectors to finish the file, and we will have it to you next week (monday)

Cuban11182, HulkSmurf14 and MTRock like this.
  17. Jul 12, 2020 at 7:22 AM
    DanoDavis

DanoDavis New Member

Member:
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tundra -5.7 -4x4 -TRD Sport - Leather
    Shell - OV Tune
    Just finished reading through all damn 131 pages.

Not posting to bitch, just wanting to make sure I’m on the right page-

I purchased VF and the tundra tune pack a couple of weeks ago. Got the dongle in the mail, and downloaded the software to my laptop. Haven’t received a master key, or base tune. I’m sure I need to get ECU info to them, not sure how to do that.
    Just Want to clarify:
    No tunes at all are being sent out until the end of July when everything is wrapped up?
    I sent a couple of emails/messages through the website, but not sure if that is the zendesk you’re talking about?

order #6841

@OVTune

thanks!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  18. Jul 12, 2020 at 4:19 PM
    4firemandan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    SWFL
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4x4, 5.7
    Damn all 131. Thats dedication bro. :eek:

Have you read through this?:
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0885/5830/files/TOYOTA_Instructions_V.1.pdf?162 Read page 2-3 on that specifically.

I dont have the VF, I have a regular flash, however I believe you need to download the P5Flash (make sure your PC security is off or set to not disable/quaranteen it)... then get the "system ID" file.

After you get that email from them, then you can finish registering it and use it to read/scan your truck ("identify") and get the ECM info.

Email them THAT info.. and THEN the next email you get should be your base OVTune file.

DanoDavis[QUOTED] and Vr0ck like this.
  19. Jul 12, 2020 at 4:53 PM
    DanoDavis

DanoDavis New Member

Member:
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tundra -5.7 -4x4 -TRD Sport - Leather
    Shell - OV Tune
    sweet!
    I’ll do that, I haven’t read through that link yet.

I appreciate it!

20. Jul 13, 2020 at 6:29 AM
    Rocklobster

Rocklobster New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Crew SR5 TRD
    Mat, I prefer to just take this to direct emails now that i'm getting responses. Thank you.

21. Jul 13, 2020 at 7:48 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    Your issue isn't that we weren't responding, the issue was you were sending messages to our website, not our zendesk.
    (to clear that up for people reading).

shellshock likes this.
  22. Jul 13, 2020 at 7:53 AM
    Rocklobster

Rocklobster New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Crew SR5 TRD
    So for people reading, dont use the contact/msg system on your website.

23. Jul 13, 2020 at 7:55 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    No, for people reading who have our kit, just follow our instructions.

ryanwgregg likes this.
  24. Jul 13, 2020 at 8:08 AM
    Rocklobster

Rocklobster New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Crew SR5 TRD
    Fine Mat you wanna do this. Lets do this. So do you, or do you not, use your website contact form and respond to messages via that avenue? How is a prospective customer supposed to get questions answered directly from you? If you have no published phone number, and you dont respond to website inquiries? I also direct messaged you on these forums, and got no response. Finally, I messaged you on facebook, same story. I purchased your flash tuner and wanted some more info because initially i purchased for use without a supercharger and I wanted to know more info about applicability of your calibrations to the magnuson supercharger and some other general info. You advertise the zendesk email as a technical support and for use with the process of installation. It, did not seem appropriate as a general inquiry for questions and having found your contact form on your website i thought that was best. It's also not like i was just ignoring your instructions. I followed them also trying to get more detailed info about magnuson supercharger calibrations and could not get more than a few words of response. Also following your instructions it was not the "3-5" business days for responses. It was going on multiple weeks. I get it you're busy, but being your customers are modifying their trucks and potentially voiding factory warranty support in doing so, it would just be nice to be able to have a phone conversation, short, to the point, like normal humans just to get a feel for who you are, what you're about, and some technical details of what is available, how the process works. It's not very clear from your website how the basic structure of what you sell actually works for the uninitiated. Which is fine, but a simple way to talk to someone pre-sale would go a long way.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    osidepunker and azTony like this.
  25. Jul 13, 2020 at 8:11 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle

I am not interested in arguing with you. I am just stating that you posted here we haven't got back to you in "months." That simply isn't the case.
    We use our zendesk for everything. We have posted that probably 100+ times.
    We also do not use PMs on this forum to discuss customer concerns / questions.

Simply put it is not possible to get back to customers timely or accurately if we have to go through messages all over the place.

I do not give out my phone number because customers do not respect business hours and call me all through the night.

RIGHT AT THE TOP OF OUR WEBSITE :
    Customer service : Support@ovtune.zendesk.com

snivilous, ryanwgregg and HulkSmurf14 like this.
  26. Jul 13, 2020 at 8:23 AM
    Rocklobster

Rocklobster New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Crew SR5 TRD
    Google voice? Talkroute? Some other proxy number that you can set hours of contact so you're not bothered outside of business hours? I own my own busniess, this is not rocket science.

jc153 and osidepunker like this.
  27. Jul 13, 2020 at 8:38 AM
    osidepunker

osidepunker OsidePunker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DC 4x4
    Full LT, full armor, fully self contained Speed Glamper
    @OVTune Are you expecting to meet your July 31st deadline??

ViktorG, Trebz and 2Tall like this.
  28. Jul 13, 2020 at 9:10 AM
    shellshock

shellshock Guy who drives a lot

Member:
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    I’ve messaged mat a bunch of times over the years through zendesk (Support@ovtune.zendesk.com) and I’ve never had an issue getting a response in a couple days.

29. Jul 14, 2020 at 3:57 AM
    Cuban11182

Cuban11182 New Member

Member:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    I have had the same experience. I'm also aware that these are still BETA tunes. Having read that from the beginning, I'm aware that my response might be a few days away. I'm looking into the idea of a supercharger as well, but I'm not going to make any big moves until I know that Mat isn't as busy as he has been for the last few months.

I don't own my own business, but if I did I don't believe that would qualify me to dictate to another business owner how they should or shouldn't run theirs. Not all businesses are the same, and not all customers are the same. To think that one model works for one, and thus should work for the rest of them is a pretentious thought.

48d4cbc55f21af9f544966b1b54ad96c.jpg

DanoDavis, snivilous, Wynnded and 2 others like this.
  30. Jul 14, 2020 at 7:51 AM
    jc153

jc153 Speed-ish Glamper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tundra Ltd CM 4x4
    TC Front Long Travel, ADV Glass Fenders & Bedsides, TC Spindle Gussets & King LT Coilovers, RCV Axles, DuroBumps, CB Steering & Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, SDHQ ABS Sensor Shields, Rear 3.0 ADS Triple Bypasses w/MCM Fab Under Bed Shock Mount Relocation, SUA Deaver I96HD Springs & TC Shackles, MCM Fab Rear Hydro Bumpstop Kit, Solid Offroad Engine Mounts, 17" Method Standards, 37/12.5/17 Toyo RT's, Nitro 488 Gears w/Auburn LSD, Evil Off Road Bumpers, RCI Skid Plates, White Knuckle Sliders, Dirty Deeds Ind. BAMuffler 8" Catback, Baja Designs Lighting, SwitchPros Controller, Custom PS Cooler Relocation Kit, Custom Dual Battery Setup
    It’s interesting how varied the experiences are with Mat and OVTune. I also find it odd that someone would try to belittle another person for sharing their experience and expressing frustration about it.
    It’s well documented in this thread the issues Mat has had with many people who have bought his product. I see no problem with sharing all experiences and giving an opinion about what might help improve someone’s experience.
    Not having a business phone number for a product like a tune that will undoubtedly have numbers of people who need to talk through particular situations is ridiculous in my opinion. And that’s the thing it’s my opinion, if you agree great and if not that’s ok too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top