1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overweight front end on TRD Pro

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by erik_jm, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Feb 20, 2019 at 1:01 PM
    erik_jm

erik_jm [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro
    '18 LED Headlights & Fog lights, Center console safe
    So I'm building my TRD Pro as a part time Overland vehicle (still my work truck) and have a question. I've added an ARB Dual compressor and Genesis Dual Battery set up in the engine bay. And I have a Camburg CTE Steel Bumper with rigid lights and Warn Zeon Platinum 12 Winch awaiting spring time for installation.
    I have the Coachbuilder shims but just the weight of the batteries and compressor have basically negated the lift from those. When I add the bumper, I'll probably be another inch lower in the front.
    Does anyone make springs that'll fit the Bilstien shocks on the TRD Pro? I'd like a heavier spring to accommodate the additional weight and restore the ride height.
    Not really interested in swapping out my entire suspension.
    Thanks!
    Erik

2. Feb 20, 2019 at 1:29 PM
    Walleye

Walleye New Member

Member:
    Not sure if they would fit the Bilstiens, but I've used heavier rate ARB / Old Man Emu springs before on the front of an FJ80 for the same reason as above. The suspension was completely different on the solid front axle vehicle, but it might be worth a call or email to see if they have a spring that would work for your application. I was satisfied with OME suspension's ability to handle the extra weight up front.

Products Discussed in

To Top