1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Orange Virus Tuning Help Map 2

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by back_on_two, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Mar 22, 2020 at 8:42 AM
    back_on_two

back_on_two [OP] New Member

Member:
    I’m posting here because I’m hoping someone can clear this up. I just got the Orange Virus tune for my 2015 Tundra. What I can’t seem to figure out is how you load multiple maps. The instructions aren’t very clear on that topic and waiting on a response from OVTune is an exercise is futility.

When I run the flash utility and pick Flash It, I simply pick a map file and it installs. I don’t see any options of multiple maps or enabling the gear lock.

Can someone please help me out? I’ve tried searching this site and even looked through the 100+ page development thread to no avail. Thanks in advance.

2. Mar 22, 2020 at 8:56 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    You don't select options as you flash, the options that you initially requested are included in the flash file that OVTune emailed to you. As I understand it, Gear Lock is included in everyone's file. What you get as your Map 2 is either Tow/Haul functionality or an alternate octane that you would've requested via Zendesk.

3. Mar 22, 2020 at 9:03 AM
    back_on_two

Member:
    Thanks for the quick reply. The email has an 87 octane file, a 93 octane file and a stock file. The instruction sheet says to do the ECU first then flash the TCU. So do I pick the 87 flash first, then just repeat the Flash It step with the 93 file to do the Tow mode?

4. Mar 22, 2020 at 9:21 AM
    Ericsopa

Ericsopa Old man and the sea

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    N of Rio Grande, S of Red, E of Pecos, W of Sabine
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra CrewMax TRD Ltd Super Duper White OVtuned
    As I understand it, right now all you have is one map tune or the other. You can't load both and switch between them yet. That feature is just coming out in the updates sent out after this weekend and only then if you specifically request it.

My initial tune also had what you describe. An 87 tune a 91 tune and an OEM tune. Pick ONE.

Wynnded likes this.
  5. Mar 22, 2020 at 9:27 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Based on this, I'm guessing that these are the very first files that you've received from OVTune. You have a stock file with zero or very minimal tweaks that you might want in the case of needing to take your truck into a dealer should you have an ECU related concern where the dealership would be investigating the ECU. The 87 tune would be for daily driving usage and may or may not have any Tow/Haul or Gear Lock capabilities. The 93 octane tune would be only if you have 93 octane in the tank, and may or may not have other capabilities. I can't comment on the separate ECU/TCU aspect as I'm not familiar with it, it may actually only be relevant to the Tacoma, maybe another can elaborate. Sorry that's all I have for ya.

6. Mar 22, 2020 at 9:27 AM
    back_on_two

Member:
    Ahh, well that would explain it. Unfortunately, that point wasn’t made clearly to me. I guess I’ll send him an email and let him know what I want. Thanks for the reply.

You mention your initial tune. Do you have something other than that now?

7. Mar 22, 2020 at 9:29 AM
    Ericsopa

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    Not yet. Hoping for the update today..........

8. Mar 22, 2020 at 9:34 AM
    back_on_two

Member:
    Got it. Thanks!

Have you ran the 87 tune? If so, I s there a big difference between 87 and 91/93? Just curious if they’re close enough that running 87 and saving some bucks is acceptable or if I should just stick with the 93.

9. Mar 22, 2020 at 12:13 PM
    Ericsopa

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    I've only run the 91 tune. I asked for a 93 tune with the update since I had been using 93 all along on a DAP tune. Mat said he would include a 93 tune with my update. This base tune is already a lot better than the DAP tune, so I'm sure I'll be happy with the update based on the logs that I sent in.

Products Discussed in

To Top