1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Old truck, lotta life

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by BoTheTundra, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:18 AM
    BoTheTundra

BoTheTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra TRD sr5
    Lift with rims and tires, exhaust mirrors skid plate, whole interior sound system and head unit
    07 trd sr5 with 5.7 and four wheel drive equip with tow package. Old guy has 230k but runs like a dream. Won't be getting rid or him anytime soon after some members advised to stick with him and not buy a new one( much appreciated) but I want some ideas to help breathe some new life into the truck and make him feel new again, already did suspension and had a trans swap at 160, all creature comforts done such as audio and nav and what have you. Just open to suggestions to help these old truck feel young still in the later years! No one around town seems to know much so I'm turning to some of the experts

D4x4TRD and classiccat like this.
  2. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:25 AM
    Zebruaj

Zebruaj New Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    08 CM SR5
    I would add some simple stuff like LED interior bulbs and car seat covers. Makes it look newish. I've been trying to justify Alpharex Pro's (for looks and better night time driving) and a rear TRD sway bar (for on road feel). A new TRD shift knob and steering wheel leather re-wrap can give you a new feel also since you're always touching those.

Wheels and tires also spruce it up. I picked up some 20's for cheap and put on new Wildpeaks for MN driving.

A nice detail of the interior and exterior with a paint correction can go a long way giving an old rig some pop.

3. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:26 AM
    Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Vinyl Spinner

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2002 4.7L RCLB 4X4 2007 5.7L RCSB 4X2
    DAP tune... I self installed the tune on my '07 when it had 281,000 it now has 290,000, and it is without a doubt the best mod the breath new life into an old truck. The tune enable the truck to respond even better to mods like a BAMuffler and a performance drop in air filter, and the rear anti roll bar comes into it's own when the engine and transmission are less restricted.

4. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:27 AM
    BoTheTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra TRD sr5
    Lift with rims and tires, exhaust mirrors skid plate, whole interior sound system and head unit
    I have full after market light such as headlights and interior lights, seat covers and detail sound like a plan and I have all the trd stuff except the rear sway, off road a bit to much for it. And what's is a dap tune, how does it work and what's the cost on it?

5. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:32 AM
    Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Vinyl Spinner

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2002 4.7L RCLB 4X4 2007 5.7L RCSB 4X2
    The drive-ability of these trucks is greatly improved by a DAP tune.

"5.7L Naturally Aspirated: Reflash is available as well as custom tuning. Average power gains have been 15-20HP peak gain, and 20-30 low and midrange power gain. We can remove the governor, change shift points for optimum power, remove torque management, along with some other custom request."

https://daptuning.com/tuning

6. Jan 23, 2020 at 8:38 AM
    BoTheTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra TRD sr5
    I have a friend who does interiors, he's going to do all the seats leather with heaters for about 300 bucks. I think that will make it alot nice's, and might throw in a New floor liner while I'm at it. Should I go with colors?

7. Jan 23, 2020 at 8:46 AM
    Rockanock

Rockanock 21 Chevy 2500

Member:
    Wow that’s cheap on the leather seats! Please post pics when done

8. Jan 23, 2020 at 10:53 AM
    Tundra_power

Tundra_power New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Get the bullydog. I have it on my 08. I was going to switch to dap but dap is 600 and bullydog is like 370 they are very equivalent but bullydog has way more features you might like and bullydog is the only tuner that changes afr and timing curve which gains the most power. Most people switch to dap in 2017 because they didnt wait until the new tune from bullydog came out and its so much better than before the earlier years like 2014 where people think Bullydog lost power which it didn't.
    Bullydog can change
    Tunes-tow, regular, premium- trail and i think theirs eco.
    Throttle sensitivity- stock, performance, trail, and eco
    Torque management is gone
    Shifting-performance, stock
    You can also turn off the govern so you can go more than 102mph
    You can turn off seat belt chimes and other features like gauges coolant temp, trans temp, afr, throttle percentage and more.
    Dap tune dosent have all of these features not even half. Bullydog you can adjust your tune but dap is a preset tune based on your mods but to be honest they are both cann tunes and they both make equivalent power.

9. Jan 23, 2020 at 5:21 PM
    BoTheTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra TRD sr5
    So I ended up picking up a whole set of limited 2013 crew cab seats for my truck. Best deal ever but I need to get the harness and the buttons, any info on how to make it all work?

Products Discussed in

To Top