1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM switches/ Switch Pros/ trigger controller switch board

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by zachzap361, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Dec 6, 2019 at 6:11 PM
    zachzap361

zachzap361 [OP] MEAN GREEN MACHINE

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Green Tundra CrewMax
    Toytec Aluma 2.5 Coilovers and Toytec rear shocks, Method NV 17", Nitto Ridge Grappler 35", RCI Skid Plate, Dirtydeeds Dual Dumped Exhaust, Volant Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body Spacer, SDHQ Ditch Mount Brackets, Rigid Blackout Spot Lights, Stampede Fender Flares, N-Fab Nerf Bars, Morimoto Fog Lights, 55 watt HID's, AJT Design Climate Knobs, Ellis Precision Shift Knob, Coverking Seat Covers, Husky Floor Liner's,Demello Off-road Bumper, Rigid and Baja Designs Lights, Jomax ABS Sensor covers
    Just got some lighting products in to include Rigid and a few other companies. I love the OEM switch look and have plenty of open slots in my truck that aren't used. I know running through the firewall is a PIA but I like the look. I have a total of

2- A-pillars
    1- 20" light bar
    1- 30" light bar

And will be getting 1 40 or 50 inch light bar later on along with rocker lights.

So should I continue to want to run them all individually or should I just get 1 switch board to hook them all.up too?

Saw this on YouTube and looks like a legit setup
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HG9ZTLF/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8

I do know switch pros is probably the best thing but I don't have all the lighting I'm gonna do yet either.

2. Dec 6, 2019 at 7:06 PM
    Rubberdown

Rubberdown Spilling my guts here.

Member:
    Houston, TX
    It’s not that hard to get through the firewall. Look where the steering shaft goes through, surrounded by rubber. There’s a nub on that rubber piece you can cut off, and then use a straightened coat hanger as your pull cord. The switches are just controlling a relay so you can use fairly small wiring. You can buy multi strand wires that will have enough for a positive, and all your relay trigger wires.

3. Dec 6, 2019 at 7:21 PM
    DexterL

DexterL New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 lunar rock TRD pro Seqouia
    get the switch pros and then you add to it as you go.. Id stay away from the cheaper alternatives.

Id also steer away from the 40-50in bar if you are putting it above the windshield- too much noise and hassle.

4. Dec 7, 2019 at 5:30 AM
    zachzap361

zachzap361 [OP] MEAN GREEN MACHINE

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Green Tundra CrewMax
    Toytec Aluma 2.5 Coilovers and Toytec rear shocks, Method NV 17", Nitto Ridge Grappler 35", RCI Skid Plate, Dirtydeeds Dual Dumped Exhaust, Volant Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body Spacer, SDHQ Ditch Mount Brackets, Rigid Blackout Spot Lights, Stampede Fender Flares, N-Fab Nerf Bars, Morimoto Fog Lights, 55 watt HID's, AJT Design Climate Knobs, Ellis Precision Shift Knob, Coverking Seat Covers, Husky Floor Liner's,Demello Off-road Bumper, Rigid and Baja Designs Lights, Jomax ABS Sensor covers
    Well the 40-50 inch light bar will be installed on a Fab four roof rack so not on brackets.

And yes the switch pros looks awesome and superior to the trigger controller. But I do like the idea of the trigger controller just not the cheap switch board.

I counted a total of 7 unused slots last night in my dash for aftermarket switches so just trying to decide.

Products Discussed in

To Top