1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM Audio+ review/opinion

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BigGreek, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Sep 27, 2018 at 8:50 PM
    BigGreek

BigGreek [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Platinum
    I’ve had the JBL enhancement system in my truck for a little under 2 months and figured i’d give my thoughts.
    As many have said, the stock system sucks even compared to the previous gen JBL.
    I spent a lot of time on google and spoke to a few different shops and most solutions were fairly invasive.
    I wanted to keep the stock HU, so after a chat with Daniel over the phone I pulled the trigger.
    After a few weeks, the system came in and when I finally had some time... I got to work on the upgrade.
    I won’t cover installation as there are vids out there, but this fairly easy and truly plug and play.
    Now for what really matters....the sound.
    This is how the tundra should’ve come from the factory.
    Stock look.
    Louder sound (40 volume setting vs 50+).
    Cleaner sound (now that you can take bass out of door speakers)
    Great bass. A very impressive 8” that does fill the void. And the bass adjustment knob is nice. (I just have to decide where to mount it.)
    My opinion is, based on if you want to keep the stock Head unit and want a sound system comparable to other higher end stock systems, this is totally worth it. Easy DIY, I took my sweet time for about 4 hrs and the support is there from Daniel if you need it.

sprtbkr, Sas, Kwikfish and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sep 27, 2018 at 11:07 PM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    OK. Who's Daniel? Taco Tunes?

3. Sep 27, 2018 at 11:49 PM
    ZPMAN

ZPMAN 2nd place is the 1st looser

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Platinum Supercharged
    4" lift, 35s, Magnuson Supercharger
    Think I've said it before but someone with an good electrical back ground could find a way to increase the output out of the stock head unit would become a rich man.

4. Sep 29, 2018 at 3:42 PM
    sprtbkr

sprtbkr Average Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra SR5 4x4 Double Cab - Inferno
    TRD Wheels & Tires, Double Cab Fold-down Back Seat mod, LED Interior Lighting, Turned Off Seat Belt Chime, Franken-key (Flip Key), Duraliner Bed Liner, Bed Rails, Hood Wind Deflector, Console Gun Safe, iBoard 5" Running Boards, TRD Sport Bed Vinyl, Fortin Evo One Remote Start with Mycar Cellular Module, Plasti-dipped Badges and Bumper End Caps, Tinted front windows, Extang Solid Fold 2.0, Pop-N-Lock, TUNDRA tailgate inserts, RCI Powder Coated Skid Plate - coming soon - 12” android radio, oemaudio+ Reference 500Q, under dash/seat lighting.
    I just installed the Reference 500q system from OEM Audio + in my double cab. It sounds fantastic. Very true reproduction of the music. My husband, the audiophile thought it sounded great. Pricey, but installed in a matter of about 3-4 hours from start to finish. Everything is plug and play other than a 12v run from the battery.

Products Discussed in

To Top