1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NSV Light Bar - Need Help

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by silber, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Dec 2, 2021 at 11:15 AM
    silber

silber [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Tundra 1794
    Dirty Deeds exhaust, 6 inch lift, Grind wheels, Amp Research steps, NSV light bar, TRD Pro front and rear sway bars, FRAC harness.
    Hi. I have been searching the forum for help and I am totally confused. I have a 2016 1794 with the Ihacker mod to change the headlights to the 2018. I have the 1st generation NSV bar and things were working great. Last winter I got hit by squirrels and I had to have all the wiring replaced under the hood. I received the wire harness from NSV to make my lightbar work again. The wire harness they sent included the patch harness which I did not previously have. I installed as the video and instructions state and first my tail light fuse blew. Also the DRL on the bar do not dim. I also repinned the connection on the light bar to move the yellow #3 wire to the 8 position to see if I could use the strobe button on the panel to turn off the DRL on the bar and this does not work. I also swapped the blue and white wires on the turn signal part of the patch and depinned the blue wire on the patch that plugs into the turn signal on the headlight. My ultimate goal would be to use the strobe on the NSV panel to turn off and on the DRL, I would also like the DLR on the NSV bar to dim and to top that off my headlight DRL will only work when the parking lights are on, they no longer work when the headlights are on. Can anyone help as I am at a loss.

2. Dec 2, 2021 at 11:42 AM
    Scud

Scud New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2017 1794 Tundra Super White
    Working on it :-)
    I have a 2017 1794 with the 1st gen NSV wiring and second gen light. I am not with the truck today but can try and help you out tomorrow. I do have it setup for strobe and my DRL on bar do dim. Only difference is I added 2018 LED lights with the iHacker harness.

-Mike

3. Dec 2, 2021 at 11:48 AM
    silber

silber [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Tundra 1794
    Dirty Deeds exhaust, 6 inch lift, Grind wheels, Amp Research steps, NSV light bar, TRD Pro front and rear sway bars, FRAC harness.
    Thank you that would be helpful. I also have the 2018 LED with iHacker harness.

Products Discussed in

To Top