1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No air blowing when heat turned on

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by tree88, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Feb 21, 2021 at 8:09 PM
    tree88

tree88 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello, all. I've searched the forum quite a bit and haven't been able to find anyone with this particular issue and it has me stumped.

I have a (new to me) 2008 Tundra. Air blows out of the vents normally when it is set to a cool temperature. However, when I change it to the highest temperature, very little air comes out of the vents (almost completely blocked). This behavior is the same for defrost and floor.

I've tested both driver's side and passenger side individually (dual zone) and they both behave the same way while the other side will blow a normal amount of air if the temperature is set low.

The blower is still operating normally and you can tell by the sound that it is trying, but the air is blocked somewhere. I don't know what would be causing this! It seems like the blend door must be operating correctly, but something is then blocking the airflow. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

Thanks for the help!

2. Feb 21, 2021 at 8:41 PM
    blackdemon_tt

blackdemon_tt Battery Slayer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 5.7l Tundra DC SR5 long bed 2wd
    TRD Sway Bar, Roll covers USA bed cover
    Heater core blockage??

3. Feb 21, 2021 at 9:21 PM
    FWD Tundra

FWD Tundra New Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra 4WD Double Cab
    I am thinking that you may have a bad heater blend door actuator. With out a heater blend door opening the flow would be low to no air flow at all and no heat.

Dorman A/C Heater Blend Door Actuator 604-024

4. Feb 22, 2021 at 1:19 AM
    MJoeP

MJoeP New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra 1794
    2016 Tundra 1794 DiamondBack ATV Tonneau Cover 7" BDS Lift 20" Fuel Krank Wheels 37X13.50X20 Toyo Open Country M/T
    That's my guess too.

5. Feb 22, 2021 at 11:48 AM
    Forcefed

Forcefed New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra Limited
    6 inch lift, ADS suspension, Alcan custom rear springs, 46 gallon metal gas tank, Full Line-x body, Wheels with 35's, Smittybilt bumpers front and rear, 10k warn winch, custom rack.
    I would go with the blender door also. I had one stick on a different vehicle, and it would cause just cold air to blow. If it was the heater core it would be ease to check just feel the return hose in the engine and see if it's hot. But I don't think that's the problem. I would also check your controls. My VW would not kick on the a/c one summer due to the control unit not working properly. I would check power to the actuator and make sure it's that. Would really piss you off if you replace it and find out your controller is messed up after you just put it all together. I do miss the days of cables.

6. Feb 23, 2021 at 7:38 PM
    tree88

tree88 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately I found coolant on the floor mats as well, so I assume the heater core has a leak. I don't know if it's related or not, but decided this was too big of a job for me now and took it to a shop. I'll update the thread when I find out for sure everything that is wrong though.

Products Discussed in

To Top