1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nitro ridge grappler ?'s

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Tacotundra, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Mar 4, 2017 at 7:42 AM
    Tacotundra

Tacotundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    Hey guys for those of you running Nitro Ridge Grapplers.
    How is the wear of them so far?
    Did any of you drive with them in the snow?
    And how do you feel about them over all?
    I'm thinking of getting them in 295/70/18. Ordered all my suspension and trying to decide what tires to get. Thanks

Rica25 and geno0506 like this.
  2. Mar 4, 2017 at 8:11 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    I ran the G2's for maybe a year. Wore fine and did great in all weather. Wasn't an aggressive enough look for me though

3. Mar 4, 2017 at 9:00 AM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    Thanks.

4. Mar 4, 2017 at 9:33 AM
    Voyagermike

Voyagermike New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    California
    Black Wolf and T-Rex266 like this.
  5. Mar 4, 2017 at 9:34 AM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    Voyagermike[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Mar 4, 2017 at 9:35 AM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    I run the STTPro's now. Check my build thread for pix

Voyagermike and Tacotundra[OP] like this.
  7. Mar 4, 2017 at 9:46 AM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    I forgot to ask in OP does anyone know the weight of this tire. Maybe I'm not searching right places haven't found that info

8. Mar 4, 2017 at 9:47 AM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    G2's are about 68lbs or so IIRC

Voyagermike likes this.
  9. Mar 4, 2017 at 9:48 AM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    Cool thanks

Voyagermike likes this.
  10. Mar 4, 2017 at 9:53 AM
    Voyagermike

Voyagermike New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    California
  11. Mar 4, 2017 at 10:00 AM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    Voyagermike[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Mar 4, 2017 at 10:38 AM
    McReef

McReef '17 Tundra TRD Pro Crewmax

Member:
    Eastern MA
    I'm having those exact shoes put on Monday, will let you know first impressions, though I obviously can't help with the long-term feedback you are asking for here...

Tacotundra[OP] likes this.
  13. Mar 4, 2017 at 10:46 AM
    Relentless

Relentless Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East of the Sierras(Reno), Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '14 Crewmax TRD 4x4> '15 Duramax SLT
    Just a few, more to come
    I'm running 35/12.50R18's, amazing tires all around. 100% will run another set, and I'm kind of a freak about tires. Only place they haven't completely excelled was snow, but they do just fine, just not quite as good as a severe snow rated tire like a Duratrac

theraven, NewImprovedRon and geno0506 like this.
  14. Mar 4, 2017 at 10:52 AM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    Good info what I was looking for thanks. Was wondering about snow performance cause we like going up to big bear in winter just wanna make sure they would be ok getting up there when it snows. Thanks for info

15. Mar 4, 2017 at 10:54 AM
    Relentless

Relentless Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East of the Sierras(Reno), Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '14 Crewmax TRD 4x4> '15 Duramax SLT
    Just a few, more to come
    No problem in the snow, I live in Reno, drive down 395 through Mammoth, up around the sierras/Tahoe/Donner pass etc all winter in the snow and they get me around great.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  16. Mar 4, 2017 at 10:56 AM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    Then they will work great for my use then.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Relentless[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Mar 4, 2017 at 5:08 PM
    Muleycrazy13

Muleycrazy13 New Member

Member:
    Buckeye, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TRD 4x4 Crewmax
    Toyota spray in bed liner/ 30" LED Lightbar/ Pro Comp Pro Runner SS @ 2.5"/ Husky Xact fronts/ Weathertech rear/ NFAB steps/ 275/70R18 BFG KO2's/ LED interior from GTR lighting/ Tekonsha Prodigy Trailer brake Controller
    What suspension did you order?

18. Mar 4, 2017 at 5:53 PM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    I got a mid travel set up from MCM FAB. ADS 3.0 coilovers with MCM FAB uca's and deaver leaf pack and shackle kit with ADS 2.5 triple bypass for the rear. I will start a build page once I get it and install.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  19. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:18 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Not trying to jack your thread I'm curious what wheels are guys running with those tires, if the rim has an offset, and if cutting was needed to fit. I've made my mind to get same everything tire, was going to order today but have to wait til monday. Good luck with them. I'll let you know soon how I like. I need to decide for sure on rim with them.

20. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:23 PM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    From what I have read and was told +18 offset works good and +25 works also. I want to get SCS ray10's when they become available for our trucks. And believe those will be +25 offset.

21. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:26 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Yeah I know +18 looks great just about even with a fender flair sticking out. I saw couple guys with methods that had to trim plastic being fog to fit that tire on +18 rim like mesh. I was curious if something that don't stick out as much could avoid any cut. But I like slightly aggressive look on + 18.

22. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:28 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I saw that rim and it def looks great, caught my eye. But like u said not ready in our size yet. That was one of the rims that broke my heart when I clicked on specs.

23. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:29 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    That rim in a +18 I wouldn't hesitate.

24. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:31 PM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    I guess comes down to the width of the tire also that determines if and how much needs trimming. Was told with this size would be minimal 295/70/18

25. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:32 PM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    I like my wheels to sit right at the fender. But that's me.

26. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:37 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    So do I but I already got delivered the fender flares to protect rest of vehicle. So a +18 In that tire with a flair on will sit flush. Least I've seen it with a method wheel like mesh or standard. Problem I keep having is in a +18 when I come across a wheel I like either they don't make or it on backorder if made. Now I'm waiting with my flares on garage floor, knowing those tires and size, waiting til Monday to see if my 15th choice of method standard is on back order.

27. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:40 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I think it's width of tire plus how far out determines how much trimming. Maybe someone can confirm. I belive the further the tire is tucked in the less trimming or cutting, long as it outside uca's. I believe.

28. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:43 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Width, height, and how far out. I believe anyway.

29. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:48 PM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    Oh ok then definitely need that offset will look good.

30. Mar 4, 2017 at 6:49 PM
    Tacotundra

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    Sounds about right.

Products Discussed in

To Top