1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New shoes

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Barry, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Jan 13, 2019 at 5:57 AM
    Barry

Barry [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Vehicle:
    16 CM LTD 4x2,Nitro 3/1 Leveling kit
    Hello from a new member. I have a 2016 CM 4x2 with a Nittro 3/1 leveling kit. Finallllly wore out the one 275/55/20 Bridgestone’s at about 35000,but squeaked out almost 46k. I replaced them with a set of Toyo Open Country AT(not the extremes), I went to a 275/60/20. Here is the thing. I like the look of the tire up close and the ride, but they really do not look hardly any bigger than stock. It is a “try and buy” deal from Firestone, so I hope they honor the deal. Was playing trying The Falken Wildpeaks AT3 in a 285/65/20. Two questions: will they fit without much issues other than removing the front flap? And two...will they DEFINITELY look bigger than stock even from a little bit of a distance? Sorry for all the extra words.

2. Jan 13, 2019 at 6:57 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    If you’re looking for a bigger tire, I would focus on the size before choosing a brand.

With a 3/1, you should be able to fit a 34 or 35 tire (35 would most likely need the CMC)
    33’s are not that much bigger than stock tires (1” difference)

Hattori likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top