1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NEW SHOES - Discount Tire & Les Schwab - Toyo or Nitto

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by treihing, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Jul 3, 2017 at 12:04 PM
    treihing

treihing [OP] MAGA

Member:
    First Name:
    TR
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black Limited CrewMax
    Today I went tire shopping and was absolutely shocked with what Les Schwab charges for tires.

For a set of Toyo R/T's (LT295/55r20 ) they wanted $465 a tire which worked out to $2150 OTD. I questioned the price since they are damn near DOUBLE the price per tire at other shops and they tried to sell me on shitty tire guarantee of air checks, balancing and rotations. You have to completely ignorant to tire prices to pay the prices they are offering.

I went over to Discount Tire and got a set of LT295/55r20 Ridge Grapplers for $1540 OTD that includes their Tire Certificate/Guarantee. A nice little savings of $600+.

TR

Black Wolf, T-Rex266 and GNTundra like this.
  2. Jul 3, 2017 at 12:07 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    DT smokes everyone's deals, every. Single. Time.

3. Jul 3, 2017 at 12:11 PM
    computeruser6

computeruser6 Gott Mit Uns

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirk
    Escondido
    Vehicle:
    2008 Regular Cab Tundra
    King 2.5 coilovers Nitto Exo Grapplers
    Discount Tire is a great place to go. Also, Toyo is the parent company of Nitto.

4. Jul 3, 2017 at 12:15 PM
    LastCanadianExit

LastCanadianExit The dude abides...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Bucks County, PA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Platinum
    ReadyLift 8" Lift Fuel Trophy Wheels Yokohama 37s
    Nice, I learned something today! I am in the tire supply chain business and didn't realize that Toyo owned Nitto. I love learning new things about the industry, thanks! Anyway, yeah DT is where its at. I wish they had some near us...congrats!

5. Jul 3, 2017 at 12:42 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Les Schwab used to be damn good. Emphasis on "used to be"... When I was a kid back in the day,17, Les Schwab in Eugene, OR (Ory gun..not aragone by the way) gave me my first credit on a set of original 15" rim Jackman's and Armstrong True Tracs which were the best off road tire/rim combo available in 1973 IMHO. (though Desert Dogs were very good and went on my 69 Chevy short wide box with a $3K custom paint in Candy Apple red. Killer until I totalled it. Dont ask. The set went on my totally first build. A 57 CJ5....killer283 V8 out of a Corvette, Muncie 4 speed,custom adapters, Edelbrock intake, Holly 650 quad carb, Hooker headers with cutouts to Cherry Bombs. Hauled ass. Really hauled ass. Les Schwab started out in Prineville,Ory gun back in the day. Nice area actually. I prefer Discount Tire even though my current set came from Big O. Big O is iffy. Finally found a decent one near me. It's all about the franchise owner and how cheap they are. It's sad to say for me to not recommend Les S anymore. God forbid you buy any "off-road" shocks there. My 2 cents

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  6. Jul 3, 2017 at 12:48 PM
    chphilo

chphilo Tundra addict

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tundra TRD 5.7 4x4 CM
    My wife and I now buy all our wheels and tires through DT. Their price is excellent. Their service is second to none.

7. Jul 3, 2017 at 1:01 PM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    Yeah. Any legit shop will offer free air checks, and many of them earn your future business with free balancing and tire rotations (without marking up the price 75%)

Products Discussed in

To Top