1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member and issue with lift-vibration

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Kevinme, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Dec 22, 2019 at 7:29 AM
    Kevinme

Kevinme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ted off rd
    Bought a certified 2016 tundra about a month ago As part of the purchase I got the ready Lift sst 3/2 kit installed. It took me a week to notice after I picked the truck up that they only installed the 3" front kit and the truck sat an inch higher in the front. When I brought the truck in they were a little defensive saying that I only asked for a leveling kit but as I just mentioned it wasnt even level and I specifically asked for the sst kit which they had on display.. they agreed to take responsibility and the scheduled me to have the rear 2inch block installed free. Well it wasnt long after I got the truck back I felt it vibrating. I did some research and found they installed the tapered blocks backwards.. so goes back the truck.. about 80% of the vibration went away but there is still on acceleration about 1500 to 2k rpms a weird vibration almost a hesitation. I just dont know if there was something else they missed or didnt do.. I'd take it to someone else but the truck is new for me and I'd rather see them deal with it but I am not confident they installed the sst kit right...

Anyone have similar issues after installing this kit.. any ideas what it could be?

2. Dec 22, 2019 at 7:31 AM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    Welcome from NY.

Sorry to hear about this issues, someone here will chime in with the answer.

Kevinme[OP] likes this.
  3. Dec 22, 2019 at 7:45 AM
    No Limit

No Limit New Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD PRO 4” Readylift
    Maybe you need a Carrier Bearing Drop Kit for a 2” rear lift ? Driveline angle could be out too far especially since once the blocks were put in the correct way 80% of vibration went away.
    I know the 4” PRO Readylift that has 3” rear blocks and comes with Carrier Bearing Drop Kit but I also added +2 Coachbuilder Shackles so Coachbuilder recommended I install their Carrier Bearing Drop Kit for 6”+ lifts...I don’t have any vibration. Maybe give Dave at Coachbuilder a call or Readylift.
    A Carrier Bearing Drop Kit only takes a few minutes to install.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  4. Dec 22, 2019 at 8:27 AM
    Kevinme

Kevinme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ted off rd
    Thank you!!! I contacted ready lift (for the record has outstanding customer service both phone and email) And a 3" front 2" rear SST kit does not require the Carrier bearing Spacer.. but as I read more I see the kit comes with a diff drop kit?? Not sure what this does and I cant confirm if it was added when they installed mine.. its blocked by the skid plate and I dont know if that would cause this either.

5. Dec 22, 2019 at 8:41 AM
    TrooperDC4x4

TrooperDC4x4 New Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2017 BBP Double Cab 5.7L TRD 4X4 OR
    Bilstein 5100 2.5", 1.5"
    Carrier bearing drop should solve your problem. Even though they say it is not necessary it will correct the drive line angles and eliminate the vibration. When I installed my 1-1/2" shackles I did a bunch of calculations on the drive line angles and made my own carrier bearing drop sized to the best angles. You should just be able to get one from coachbuilder made for a 2" lift to solve the problem.

14burrito, No Limit and Kevinme[OP] like this.
  6. Dec 26, 2019 at 1:00 PM
    Kevinme

Kevinme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ted off rd
    So because I purchased the truck and the sst lift was part of that purchase I brought back again to the dealer who today said there was only light vibrations and this is characteristic of tundras when modified and lifted... they offered to do nothing! I am so fuming right now I had to just leave and digest this.... there is no way what I have is "light" or chacteristic..

7. Dec 26, 2019 at 1:54 PM
    TrooperDC4x4

TrooperDC4x4 New Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100 2.5", 1.5"
    14burrito likes this.
  8. Dec 27, 2019 at 11:24 AM
    Kevinme

Kevinme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ted off rd
    So I got them to order the carrier bearing which they got on a few hours I brought the truck in today and they added it.. they just called me to say the vibration is still there?? The only idea I have is the blocks for readylift are tapered and are supposed to negate the need for the carrier bearing drop but could it be that this is interfering with the carrier bearing spacer...??

9. Dec 27, 2019 at 12:00 PM
    TrooperDC4x4

TrooperDC4x4 New Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100 2.5", 1.5"
    Shackles also rotate the pinion up so it's similar to a tapered block and @Coachbuilder1 uses the carrier bearing spacer with their shackles. This is why I physically calculated my angles before and after my lift, so that if I had any problems I had an idea what could be causing it. It could be possible they didn't get the carrier bearing back in line as there is some adjustment at the mount. Maybe coachbuilder will chime in with his wealth of knowledge. Before I decided on shackles I was going to use a 1.5" block with a 1 or 1.5* taper as that gave me the best driveline angles. You can pull a string down the driveline centerline from front to back and see if it is lined up. I know coachbuilder also makes a driveline spacer for proper spline engagement but not sure at what amount of lift that is needed.

Kevinme[OP] likes this.
  10. Dec 28, 2019 at 8:20 PM
    Kevinme

Kevinme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ted off rd
    Thanks trooper for all your help ! So the dealer installed the Carrier Bearing drop kit and called me to tell me that unfortunately the shimmering was still there. So at this point with my frustrations mounting and the dealer still standing by that this is normal for a lifted tundra .. mind you I only have the 3" front 2" rear ready lift I requested that they remove the lift kit and refund my money. They hesitantly agreed to do that but after a few hours they called me back to tell me that they had "good news" and that they've discovered the drive shaft was out of alignment. So I've had the truck for A-day it's about 95% better. I still feel a little something and I can live with a little vibration if it hadn't been for what has transpired I might not even be this aware but I still think something is afoul and wonder if I should pay for someone else to check it out.

11. Dec 29, 2019 at 6:07 AM
    Cornilsa

Cornilsa New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Gaston OR
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Crew Max Limited
    Possibly a tire slightly out of balance

12. Dec 29, 2019 at 7:57 AM
    Kevinme

Kevinme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ted off rd
    No this is definately the drive shaft.. they adjusted it and its better but not perfect...

13. Dec 29, 2019 at 8:14 AM
    Moco

Moco New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcos
    Boerne
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro, 2015 JKU Rubicon, 2016 HD 48
    If that’s the case have then adjust it again and again till it’s 100%

Kevinme[OP] likes this.
  14. Dec 29, 2019 at 8:18 AM
    Cornilsa

Cornilsa New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Gaston OR
    Vehicle:
    How are they “adjusting the drive shaft”????

15. Dec 29, 2019 at 9:52 AM
    19TurdPro

19TurdPro New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro
    Earlier you said they ordered a carrier bearing and got it in a few hours, now you say carrier bearing drop. I'd verify what they actually did. If they got a drop, how did they get it in a few hours? Did they replace the bearing or actually install a drop? I don't care what dealers or manufacturers of lift kits say, 2 inches in the rear requires a carrier bearing drop. I did a 2.5/1.5 on my 15 DC and got vibration at 1500 rpm. I made my own drop out of washers and it took a little over 3/4 of an inch to cure it.

16. Dec 29, 2019 at 9:52 AM
    azTony

azTony member since sept, 2017 and over 1,600 messages

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Sun Lakes, AZ
    Vehicle:
    *** OV Tune Order #4481 *** ECU 0CN21 ***
    2018 Tundra Platinum with Icon Stage 9 w/3.0 and billet UCA, Harrop Elockers, 5.29 on 37’s
    I was told after my lift that a carrier bearing spacer was not required. After confirming the tires were properly balanced (I had to pay out of my pocket to verify this) then the only other thing that could vibrate from a 2018 that had less than 10K miles so I looked at the carrier bearing. I threw a crap load of washers in there and took it for a drive and the vibration was better but not gone. I bought the kit from Coachbuilders and the vibration is gone.

17. Dec 29, 2019 at 10:13 AM
    vhstejskal

vhstejskal New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vic
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver SR5 Crewmax
    ^This

18. Dec 29, 2019 at 10:57 AM
    NJUplandTundra

NJUplandTundra Toyota Fanatic

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2015 Limited CrewMax
    6112-5100, SCS Ray10, 275/70/18 AT3 XLT, SPC UCAs, TRD CAI, TRD Pro Grill
    Did you do the differential drop yet? it is available from toytec for $32. You need to do this, I had the same shimmering you did.

my experience is that carrier bearing helps with trucks with rear lift, and the diff drop helps moreso with front lift. since you have the 3/2 you need to do both the carrier drop and diff drop. should solve your problems.

what size tires do you have? aftermarket rims? If oversized tires and different rims you should spend the money to have them roadforce balanced.

I had shaking at takeoff, between 50-60, and basically couldn't do above 75 without uncomfortable shaking. The carrier bearing kit, diff drop, and roadforce balance corrected all of that.

if all else fails, you may also want to consider SPC adjustable UCAs. This will help with future alignments. Its possible the dealer is trying to align your vehicle to factory geometry specs even though you're lifted.

19. Dec 29, 2019 at 11:07 AM
    NOLA Tundra

NOLA Tundra Sandbagging

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand CM
    3” level leds all around Morimoto headlight and fog light bulbs Flowmaster American Thunder
    Kevinme[OP] likes this.
  20. Dec 29, 2019 at 3:59 PM
    Kevinme

Kevinme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ted off rd
    Sorry for any confusion what they put in the truck was the spacer kit for the Carrier bearing.

Basically what happened was I had the Ready lift 3" in the front 2" in the rear kit installed.. when I picked up the truck I immediately noticed that it was vibrating so I called and scheduled to bring the truck back.

They found that the rear blocks which are tapered were put in backwards so they fixed it. I picked the truck up again and it was still vibrating pretty bad on acceleration. However I drove it for a few days and then called them back schedule another appointment.

I brought the truck in so they could check everything out. They did and called me to tell me that everything looked good. The vibration was normal and characteristic of a Lifted Tundra.

I knew that was BS So even though Ready lift does not recommend A Carrier bearing spacer (I think that's what it's called) I asked them if they could install one and give it a try and they said yes.

So they actually got the spacer the same day but I schedule to bring the truck back the next day and have it installed which I did. They called me later in the day to tell me that the spacer was installed but the truck was still vibrating.

As you can imagine since this is a new truck for me I was pretty frustrated! And they once again tried to convince me that this was normal but I didn't believe them. This time I told them to remove the lift kit and refund my money. They were clearly not thrilled with that but they agreed to. However they didn't do that... what they did do is call me back a few hours later to tell me they found the problem.

They said that the drive shaft was out of alignment or not centered I'm not exactly sure what that means but they said that they centered it or I guess moved it and it was fixed.

they want me to drive it for the weekend and see how it is so. I have been and it's about 95% better. Really not too bad but there is still some little vibration....not much!! I probably would not normally even notice it if it wasn't for the fact that I'm so In tuned For it now.

They want me to call them tomorrow And tell them if it's OK.

So I am concerned with what the heck is going on... why couldn't they figured this out the 1st time.. did they break something when I brought the truck in? And what should I do about it... the truck is a certified and so it has a warranty plus I bought the extended warranty. Should I just keep pushing the issue until it's perfect or they give me a new truck (which I doubt will ever happen) or just drive it and see.. it's my first tundra so I just dont have anything to compare it too..

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  21. Dec 29, 2019 at 5:02 PM
    Cornilsa

Cornilsa New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Gaston OR
    Vehicle:
    My lifted tundra doesn’t vibrate only time it does is because I live on a gravel road and it picks up rocks, if I was you I would keep pushing the issue with them it should be smooth driving down the road

Kevinme[OP] likes this.
  22. Dec 29, 2019 at 6:46 PM
    t4r2tundra

t4r2tundra New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum 4x4 - Smoked Mesquite
    See sig for mods...
  23. Dec 29, 2019 at 7:24 PM
    Kevinme

Kevinme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ted off rd
    Yes that was installed.. did not correct the vibrating but they left it in place.. the drive shaft was out of alignment.

24. Dec 29, 2019 at 7:29 PM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    I can tell you that you need the carrier bearing kit. I have the same 3/2 kit and had the vibration until I installed it.

25. Dec 29, 2019 at 7:31 PM
    Kevinme

Kevinme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ted off rd
    So both the diff drop was done (required by readylift) and the spacer added (my request) turns out the vibration is related to the shaft being off... (I'll get a better explanation tomorrow) they fixed it the problem is much better.... however not perfect!!.

1. Would there be any reason when adding a lift that the shaft would be put out of alighnment?

2.(if all else fails, you may also want to consider SPC adjustable UCAs) what is this? I might be interested looking into it..

Thanks

26. Dec 29, 2019 at 8:15 PM
    Cornilsa

Cornilsa New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Gaston OR
    Vehicle:
    Might be another possibility when/if they happened to pull the drive line to install said lift/carrier bearing drop maybe he man monkey mittens messed up a ujoint??? Possibly didn’t get the drive line seated all the way against the rearend or tranny?? Bolts not torqued correctly hell they might have knocked the balance weight off the driveline when ol’e monkey mittens was using it to beat gorilla arms up over spilling his beer...... sorry this post took a wrong turn..... but in all seriousness it’s got to be a carrier bearing issue in my opinion

NJUplandTundra likes this.
  27. Dec 30, 2019 at 5:32 AM
    NJUplandTundra

NJUplandTundra Toyota Fanatic

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2015 Limited CrewMax
    6112-5100, SCS Ray10, 275/70/18 AT3 XLT, SPC UCAs, TRD CAI, TRD Pro Grill
    I’m not sure if the answer to number 1. But depending on the shop I’m sure anything is possible. How many miles are on the truck? It is possible that you have worn u-joints but the symptoms of that are a knocking sound when you put the truck in gear and some slight vibrations.

#2. They are adjustable upper control arms. They link your suspension together and are responsible to handle the travel of the suspension (up and down) in conjunction with the spindle and lower control arm. Once you increase suspension size you change the angle that they sit at, and when you get a larger traveling suspension you then become limited by the stock travel range of the stock arms. An adjustable arm allows you to correct that angle change and bring the truck back within “closer to stock” alignment angles. It worked like a dream for my truck. My first few alignments without the adjustable arms were not great and the truck suffered on the highway. Hope that helps.

it seems a lot of info is being offered, so in my opinion start small and work your way up to bigger fixes

check torque specs on everything
    ujoint check (look up YouTube video)
    Adjustable upper control arms

hope you get it sorted

28. Jan 21, 2020 at 8:56 AM
    Tundyfundy

Tundyfundy Petunia The Tundra, and her sidekick Colbie

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic Grey DC SR5 4x4 2016
    SUSPENSION: Bilstein 6112 coilover (1.9") w/ Powder Coated Springs and Spring Perch (TRD Red), JBA Upper Control Arms, Bilstein 5160's w/Billet Aluminium Reservoir Brackets, +2 Coachbuilder Shackles, Diff Drop Kit, Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, Brakeline Extensions, ABS Extension, Poly Bushings for Leafs, Coachbuilder Shims (2 Each Side), Coachbuilder Bumpstop Extensions, TRD Rear Sway Bar, TRD Front Sway Bar, Air Lift 5000 airbags w jounce bumpers, Daystar Airbag Cradles WHEELS AND TIRES: BF Goodrich KO2's 275/70/r18, BORA wheel spacers 1.25", TRD Wheel Caps,TRD Valve Stem Caps, Spare Tire Lock PERFORMANCE: Bullydog GT Tuner(Performance Tune), TRD Intake, TRD Dual Exhaust (with Modified Exhaust Hangers for Levelling Tail Pipe),TRD Brake Pads, TRD Oil Cap (US), TRD Radiator Cap, TRD Oil Filter, Optima Yellow Top Battery,GP Battery Distribution Blocks, StopTech Slotted Cryo Treated Rotors, Goodridge G-Stop Steel Braided Brake Line Kit PROTECTION: PNP Engineering Type 4 Rock Sliders (With Full Dimple Plate) ,ADD Stealth Fighter Rear Bumper w Red/Blk Shackles and Custom Stomp Pad, TRD Skid Plate with ReadyLift Spacer Kit, Victory 4x4 LCA Skid Plates, JOMAX ABS Sensor Armor, Rear Diff Breather Mod, ARK splash guards INTERIOR: Husky Liners X-Act (Front and Full Coverage Rear and Front Weather Beater Trans Hump), Interior LED Bulbs, WheelSkins Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover(EuroPerf), Clazzio Genuine Leather Seat Covers(BLK/DRK GRYwith custom stitching and embroidered headrests), Clazzio Seat Heaters (Front and Rear), Entune Startup Screen MOD, Entune Off Screen Mod, Tinted Windows with Windshield Visor, AJT Key Fobs,Eagle Claws Floor Mat Clips, Bodyglove Visor Organizer,Custom Door Cup Inserts, Glass Break Sensor,AJT Radio Knobs, Custom Dior Cup Inserts EXTERIOR: Full Debadge, LED Brake Light Bulbs, LED Rear Turns, LED Reverse, LED Plate Lights, LED Cargo Lights, LED Third Brake Lights, LED Front Marker Lights, LED Fog Light Bulbs, Lamin-X Fog Light Covers (Amber),2018 OEM LED Headlights, iHacker harness, VLED Universal Puddle Lights, VLED Interior Footwell Lighting (Front and Rear),VLED Extreme Amber Fornt Turns, NSV Knight Rider Light bar, Baja Designs Sport Squadron Pods in Rear Bumper (Driving/wide), Painted Red Tow-hooks, Bed Rail System, Blind Spot Mirrors, Hitch-safe, Tail-gate lock, EAG Raptor Grille, Custom Grille Badge,Full Vinyl Wrap (Matte Black/Matte Pine Green Mettalic), Charvonia Designs Tie Bed Tie-Downs, Bull Ring Bed Rail Anchors, Line-X, Tundra Bed Mat, Bakflip F1 Bed Cover SOUND: Noico 80Mil Sound Deadening and Noico 170 Mil Thermal Insulation (All 4 Doors, Roof, Floors, Rear Panel, Dash). Hertz Uno K170's Component Speakers (Front Doors with Upgraded Sail Panels), Hertz Uno K170 Coaxial Speakers (Rear Doors), JBL C1-075ct Tweeters (Total 4) in Side Dash and Center Speaker, JBL Stadium 5 Amp w/Remote Bass Adjustment Knob and Amp Rack, 12" Infinity Reference Subwoofer in Custom Enclosure w/ “TUNDRA” Logo, Fast Rings Foam Speaker Rings System(4 Doors), Fix 86 DSP
    This is spot on

29. Jan 21, 2020 at 8:58 AM
    Tundyfundy

Tundyfundy Petunia The Tundra, and her sidekick Colbie

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic Grey DC SR5 4x4 2016
    SUSPENSION: Bilstein 6112 coilover (1.9") w/ Powder Coated Springs and Spring Perch (TRD Red), JBA Upper Control Arms, Bilstein 5160's w/Billet Aluminium Reservoir Brackets, +2 Coachbuilder Shackles, Diff Drop Kit, Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, Brakeline Extensions, ABS Extension, Poly Bushings for Leafs, Coachbuilder Shims (2 Each Side), Coachbuilder Bumpstop Extensions, TRD Rear Sway Bar, TRD Front Sway Bar, Air Lift 5000 airbags w jounce bumpers, Daystar Airbag Cradles WHEELS AND TIRES: BF Goodrich KO2's 275/70/r18, BORA wheel spacers 1.25", TRD Wheel Caps,TRD Valve Stem Caps, Spare Tire Lock PERFORMANCE: Bullydog GT Tuner(Performance Tune), TRD Intake, TRD Dual Exhaust (with Modified Exhaust Hangers for Levelling Tail Pipe),TRD Brake Pads, TRD Oil Cap (US), TRD Radiator Cap, TRD Oil Filter, Optima Yellow Top Battery,GP Battery Distribution Blocks, StopTech Slotted Cryo Treated Rotors, Goodridge G-Stop Steel Braided Brake Line Kit PROTECTION: PNP Engineering Type 4 Rock Sliders (With Full Dimple Plate) ,ADD Stealth Fighter Rear Bumper w Red/Blk Shackles and Custom Stomp Pad, TRD Skid Plate with ReadyLift Spacer Kit, Victory 4x4 LCA Skid Plates, JOMAX ABS Sensor Armor, Rear Diff Breather Mod, ARK splash guards INTERIOR: Husky Liners X-Act (Front and Full Coverage Rear and Front Weather Beater Trans Hump), Interior LED Bulbs, WheelSkins Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover(EuroPerf), Clazzio Genuine Leather Seat Covers(BLK/DRK GRYwith custom stitching and embroidered headrests), Clazzio Seat Heaters (Front and Rear), Entune Startup Screen MOD, Entune Off Screen Mod, Tinted Windows with Windshield Visor, AJT Key Fobs,Eagle Claws Floor Mat Clips, Bodyglove Visor Organizer,Custom Door Cup Inserts, Glass Break Sensor,AJT Radio Knobs, Custom Dior Cup Inserts EXTERIOR: Full Debadge, LED Brake Light Bulbs, LED Rear Turns, LED Reverse, LED Plate Lights, LED Cargo Lights, LED Third Brake Lights, LED Front Marker Lights, LED Fog Light Bulbs, Lamin-X Fog Light Covers (Amber),2018 OEM LED Headlights, iHacker harness, VLED Universal Puddle Lights, VLED Interior Footwell Lighting (Front and Rear),VLED Extreme Amber Fornt Turns, NSV Knight Rider Light bar, Baja Designs Sport Squadron Pods in Rear Bumper (Driving/wide), Painted Red Tow-hooks, Bed Rail System, Blind Spot Mirrors, Hitch-safe, Tail-gate lock, EAG Raptor Grille, Custom Grille Badge,Full Vinyl Wrap (Matte Black/Matte Pine Green Mettalic), Charvonia Designs Tie Bed Tie-Downs, Bull Ring Bed Rail Anchors, Line-X, Tundra Bed Mat, Bakflip F1 Bed Cover SOUND: Noico 80Mil Sound Deadening and Noico 170 Mil Thermal Insulation (All 4 Doors, Roof, Floors, Rear Panel, Dash). Hertz Uno K170's Component Speakers (Front Doors with Upgraded Sail Panels), Hertz Uno K170 Coaxial Speakers (Rear Doors), JBL C1-075ct Tweeters (Total 4) in Side Dash and Center Speaker, JBL Stadium 5 Amp w/Remote Bass Adjustment Knob and Amp Rack, 12" Infinity Reference Subwoofer in Custom Enclosure w/ “TUNDRA” Logo, Fast Rings Foam Speaker Rings System(4 Doors), Fix 86 DSP
    I’ve never heard of someone pulling the drive line to install lift or carrier bearing. Def not a block. I installed my carrier bearing drop in 10 minutes with only touching the two bolts for the drop.

I highly doubt they disconnected that driveline. It would be idiotic to unhook it unless you had other work done

30. Jan 21, 2020 at 11:53 AM
    Kevinme

Kevinme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ted off rd

They installed the carrier bearing and it did not help.. then one of mechanics noticed the driveshaft was shifted a little bit where the carrier bearing was installed and corrected itn. That helped a lot but it was still bad.

I ended up bringing it to another dealer ship and they found where the rear lift kit was still installed wrong and they corrected that but it still was vibrating..

UPDATE: I wrote management a letter st the original dealership and they had me bring the truck in.. they removed the ready lift kit and problem solved.. I am now installing 5100's up front with the middle setting (not quite level) they went out their way to help and they paid my bill for when I brought it to another location who charged me..

I still got more learning when it comes to lifts and suspensions.. I liked the 3/2 look but After reading about it more and talking to different people your better doing the lift with the shocks.. my only question was should I have used 6112's instead of the 5100's.. all else being equal iam not going to be doing major off roading.. I really wanted something that road better then stock on the road and could handle a weekend camping and some mild off roading

Tundyfundy[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top