1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NEW Bi-LED Projector Retrofits (100% Plug N Play) *2 Options Available*

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by eledobleu, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Sep 24, 2017 at 10:31 AM
    eledobleu

eledobleu [OP] retrofitwholesale.com

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Hey guys! LED is now taking over. With the new 2018 Tundra LED headlights and the new LED aftermarket retrofit options...how can you not be happy?

Before starting, I want everyone to know that as soon as I get a pair of the new 2018 Tundra headlights, I will be working on a direct H4 PNP harness for them. If anyone has a set that and wants to send me to me to create a harness, please let me know. You will receive the harness for free of course. Keep in mind the harness price could vary from $50-$150 depending on whats all needed to make it. Thats not just from me but from anyone who makes the PNP harness so keep those costs in mind when thinking about the new 2018 Headlights.

Now the aftermarket LED Projector options.....
    They are available for Gen 3, Gen 2 and Gen 1.

There are 2 new LED projector options available. Both options are 100% direct plug n play into your stock H4 harness (Gen 3). Gen 2 and Gen 1 will have plug n play options as well. No bulbs, no ballasts, no wire harnesses. Though these don't have the new look of the 2018 headlights, they can be customized to your liking. First sample retrofit will be posted soon! Retrofit samples can be found at the bottom of the page.

Both LED projectors will provide 5 times more light than the new 2018 LED headlights. They also are rated for 10,000 hours so they will last longer than your truck.

PRICES ARE FOR TUNDRAS.COM Members ONLY

AFTER NOVEMBER, 1 2018 PRICING FOR BOTH PROJECTORS WILL INCREASE BY $50

Email me at eledobleuretrofits@gmail.com to order

PROFILE BI-LENS LED Retrofit

• Price= $500 (color match paint $50 extra) Plus shipping
    • Output = (comparable to Mini H1 7.0 Output)
    • High/Low Beam
    • Shrouds Options = All except “Mini” or “Square”
    • 100% Plug N Play to Stock H4 and H7 Housings
    • Lifespan = 10,000 Hours

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MORIMOTO M LED Retrofit
    Available within a few weeks. Accepting Pre-orders.

• Price= $600 (color match paint $50 extra) Plus shipping
    • Output =(comparable to Mini D2S 4.0 Output)
    • High/Low Beam
    • Shrouds Options = All except “Mini” or “Square”
    • 100% Plug N Play to Stock H4 and H7 Housings.
    • Lifespan = 10,000 Hours

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EXAMPLES
    Blue/Black Combo
    OEM (Chrome/Black)
    Gen 2 Evolution Black
    Summit White/Black
    Triple Black
    Inferno Orange/Black
    Evolution Black (Non LED)
    Blazing Blue Metallic
    OEM Chrome
    Magnetic Gray Metallic
    Evolution Black w/LED Strip & Panamera DRL Shrouds
    Midnight BlackMMG Gray/Red Combo
    White/Black

Core Exchange Program: RULES:

Full payment is required for the core exchange program. A deposit must be made before the final product ships to the customer. This deposit is refundable once I receive. To participate in the Core Exchange Program the following rules apply;

• Your headlights must be OEM in "Excellent" Quality. No broken tabs, no yellow or worn lens, no scratches. If your lights are not in excellent condition, only partial if any of your deposit will be refunded to you. This amount will be determined based on the quality of the headlight.
      • Full Payment is required. No exceptions.
      • Refundable deposit is required before the finish product can be shipped to you. This amount will vary based on your current Vehicles Trim Level.
    Deposit Amounts:

• SR5/Limted Headlights = $300
      • TRD Pro Headlights = $400
      • Platinum/1794 Headlights = $500
    Your deposit will be funded back to you based on the quality of your headlights.

NOTE: There may be a wait time. Wait times will vary from 1 week to 2 months depending on how many are waiting for the core exchange program.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    Masshole, Flyinryank, 1UPPER and 5 others like this.
  2. Sep 24, 2017 at 4:48 PM
    Redlineaz

Redlineaz New Member

Member:
    PM sent

3. Sep 24, 2017 at 5:00 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    very nice. sub for gen 2 availability.
    do we have to send our headlights or can we do the swap ourselves if pnp ?

4. Sep 24, 2017 at 5:33 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    You would have to send your lights for the projector install. Gen 3 can use core exchange program. Unfortunately, I dont have core exchange lights for gen 2

5. Sep 24, 2017 at 5:43 PM
    Mannishboy

Mannishboy New Member

Member:
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC 4x4 Limited, Blue Ribbon Metallic.
    TRD exhaust, TRD cai, TRD rear sway bar, TRD shift knob, Sequoia front sway bar, bed extender, bed step, Weathertech floor mats and window vents, spray in bed liner, Morimoto fogs, Access tonneau bed cover.
    Will the leveling motor still work for the gen 3?

6. Sep 24, 2017 at 5:44 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Yes of course!

7. Sep 24, 2017 at 6:59 PM
    thomasbus337

thomasbus337 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Sport DC
    I’ll be curious to see what you can come up with for the wiring of these new 2018 LED headlights. The PnP harnesses I made are designed to work with the Morimoto H4 relay harness to be able to maintain the low beam while the high beams are on. When I had them directly wired to the stock H4 plug the low beams shut off when the high beams were on.

8. Sep 24, 2017 at 7:04 PM
    boloson

boloson New Member

Member:
    So Essentially we'd still have to send our Oem headlights to u & you'd have to open & cut them to install these projectors? I would assume all Oem features like leveling, drl (2014 platinum) will function normally? Will the morimotos shake? What's a typical turn around time? This sounds like a great option vs the 2018 LEDs especially since there aren't much output pictures out there

9. Sep 24, 2017 at 7:56 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    I will see exactly how Toyota have these setup. They like to complicate things when it comes to the electrical system. I do have an idea of how to keep the low beams on while high beams are on without the Relay harness. Trying to go as simple as possible with these. I guess we will see once I receive the lights.

You can send your OEM lights, or use my retrofit core exchange program so you can keep driving your truck while your lights are being built. Yes the lights have to be opened just like retrofitting HID projectors. Though theres no cutting. Most cant even tell that they were opened at all. All OEM features will function as normal. Morimotos will not shake. Turn around is about 2 days if your sending me your lights. Core exchange turn around times vary depending on how many people are in queue. I personally love the 2018 headlights design. Though the lack of decent output is my biggest concern as like most I have a hard time seeing at night. I will even be replacing my RX350 Retrofit with the LED projectors. LED's are less of a headache than HID. Some members can attest to that. With HID, theres too many components that can go wrong and unless you have all OEM which is expensive.

These new LED projectors are a much better option with amazing light output. I will also be doing a light output comparison between these LED projectors and the new 2018 headlights.

Back in January, I was with Matt at TRS checking out the prototype of the Mled projector and I was surprised at how bright they were. The MLED projectors are the brightest LED projectors available to date. Thats including all OEM LED headlights from Car Manufacturers.

PermaFrostTRD likes this.
  10. Sep 24, 2017 at 8:36 PM
    boloson

boloson New Member

Member:
    Great! Patiently waiting for the comparison outputs as i was on the fence about the 2018 leds & u after this mled post, im leaning towards the better output

11. Sep 25, 2017 at 9:38 AM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    I will have output pictures of the Profile LED's this week. The MLED and the 2018 headlights.

Lilly and boloson[QUOTED] like this.
  12. Sep 25, 2017 at 9:43 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    That's mildly concerning given the number of people with HID retrofits? Also, aren't most of the products that TRS sell non-OEM - should I infer from the statement above that it's time before all the money I spent at TRS goes bad?

And while I'm an LED fan - just because the diodes themselves have very long life cycles, the supporting components at times do not - they can and will still go wrong.

13. Sep 25, 2017 at 9:55 AM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    TRS sells mainly aftermarket products. They do sell a ton of OEM products as well. With the release of the new generation ballasts and igniters, theres been a ton of issues with them. Though most of them has been worked out by now, there is the occasional issue. HID is still brighter than LED. Those with RX350 projectors and/or OEM bulbs will still dominate the light output world over the LED's. The benefit of LED is that there are far less components to worry about. Morimoto products are the best in the aftermarket game. I still recommend HID for the most light output. Though keep in mind that lifespan of those components are 3-5 years depending.

With that being said, The MLED projectors are Morimoto's. Built with the same quality control. When it comes to product production, there will always be those few products that slips by quality control and cause issues to the customer. Its unavoidable.

My main point is that the LED projectors use less components therefore allowing for a maintenance free setup. Depending on your setup, your HID's will be brighter than any LED setup.

14. Sep 25, 2017 at 5:04 PM
    16TRD

16TRD New Member

Member:
    Norcal
    Vehicle:
    2016 White crewmax
    I have an sr5. I like the platiunum look with the led strip at the bottom. What would be better? Send you a platinum set to retro or a sr5 set to retrofit and add an led strip?

15. Sep 25, 2017 at 5:07 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Depends on how much you get the Platinum lights for. To add an LED strip to non platinum lights is $120 which includes the PNP harness for it. Benefit of added LED strip is that you will get the switchback function as well.

16. Sep 26, 2017 at 7:53 AM
    Krezz

Krezz Doesn't want to be new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Crewmax Hybrid TRD Pro
    Hey there @eledobleu with the current headaches I've been trying to remedy with my retro lights, (which you've been awesome in your assistance with btw, especially given I'm up here in Canada) Will this new lighting system you speak of be able to produce a similar good looking light, but be easier to install and live with?

If so, I have a set of OEM headlights, that I could send and have done through you, allowing me then to replace the ones we've been trying to find a fix for.
    Let me know, through PM or Email, or on here, whichever is best for you man.

ps. Did you ever receive an email from the tech here at my dealership, who was also trying to assist me?

17. Sep 26, 2017 at 8:30 AM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Hey buddy! The led system will be a maintenance free. So your problems with ballasts and igniters won't be an issue. Though you will lose some light output over your current hid system, it's not much.

I have not heard from the tech from the dealer

Krezz[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Sep 26, 2017 at 8:48 AM
    osidepunker

osidepunker OsidePunker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DC 4x4
    Full LT, full armor, fully self contained Speed Glamper
    Will the leveling function work with Gen2? How durable is this setup for extreme offroad use? My truck gets beat on hard. Will they still be waterproof (or resistant whatever)??

So HID is brighter, but doesn't last as long. If I decided on HID, can you answer those questions as well ^^

Is HID cheaper/more expensive?

19. Sep 26, 2017 at 9:05 AM
    Krezz

Krezz Doesn't want to be new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Crewmax Hybrid TRD Pro
    Thanks - I'll know once you have pricing on this sorted out - the slightly less output will be fine.. a light bar will remedy that haha, the maintenance free (less) will be the gain for sure and keeping a styling look is what I'd be after.

Thanks for the update on the tech, I'll collect the items from them soon and we'll probably be proceeding with this as a better alternative.

20. Sep 26, 2017 at 9:38 AM
    Stig

Stig New Member

Member:
    If output is similar to an HID projector what are the advantages considering the cost is higher?

21. Sep 26, 2017 at 10:16 AM
    strosek7

strosek7 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Tundra SR5 DC
    The MLED imo is brighter but less width. No maintenance for the led is great. only downfall is if they go bad have to reopen and redo retro. the hid components as more can go wrong are all pretty much external

22. Sep 26, 2017 at 10:30 AM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    The projectors are very durable. You wont have any problems of roading with them. All level functions will remain the same. Same applies for HID as well.
    To get a brighter HID setup, your looking at RX350 Projectors or LS460. The Mini D2S 4.0 Projectors are brighter than the LED setup, but only about 10% which isnt noticeable on the road. HID is still more expensive. Mini D2S 4.0 Retrofit starts off at $620 which RX350 being $800.

LED Retrofits are much cheaper than HID. The brightest HID setup would be RX350 (not including OEM bulbs) which would run $800. As I said, the MLED projectors are on par with the Mini D2S 4.0 and are $70 cheaper. LED Profile projectors are about 400 lumens less brighter than the MLED but they are $100 cheaper and still will provide more light output than the stock 2018 LED headlights.

MLED projectors has amazing width. Similar to the Mini D2S 4.0.

23. Sep 26, 2017 at 12:13 PM
    Y0TA PR0

Y0TA PR0 Dirt biking & fishing

Member:
    First Name:
    Rafael
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD PRO
    @eledobleu makes awesome headlights for your tundra! You will have better output and IMHO it will look 100 times better on your truck than does 2018 led stock headlights. :thumbsup:

GNTundra and stefan702 like this.
  24. Sep 26, 2017 at 12:46 PM
    crishard

crishard Occasional Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cris
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red CM
    3" level in front, ICI Bumper & Skid, 12k lb winch, UCAs, Radtech 2.5s, Kenda 35s, Dual Batteries, 3500w inverter
    10,000÷24=417 days
    I hope my truck lasts longer than 1 year!

25. Sep 26, 2017 at 12:51 PM
    stefan702

stefan702 IG: 702stefan_

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra TRD Offroad
    IG: 702stefan_
    Agreed 100%!!

Y0TA PR0[QUOTED] likes this.
  26. Sep 26, 2017 at 1:38 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Thanks buddy!

Yea the math is right, but I no one keeps their lights on 24 hours a day. Average use is roughly 1-2 hours a day.

27. Sep 26, 2017 at 5:16 PM
    crishard

crishard Occasional Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cris
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red CM
    3" level in front, ICI Bumper & Skid, 12k lb winch, UCAs, Radtech 2.5s, Kenda 35s, Dual Batteries, 3500w inverter
    10-4
    so more like 14yrs. that's better

Y0TA PR0 likes this.
  28. Sep 26, 2017 at 6:11 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Lol more or less. Really depends on the person. I only use my lights maybe 20 minutes a day. Some dont use it at all or maybe only during winter when the sunsets early. But reality is, you will have a new truck before the lights go out.

29. Sep 26, 2017 at 9:25 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    This is very intriguing. Shipping costs are my hold back whenever I find a good deal on some retros. But these really do seem nice and affordable.

30. Sep 27, 2017 at 8:36 AM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Even with shipping costs, its still cheaper than the 2018 Tundra Headlights+tax+shipping+PNPHarness(if available). And much brighter as well. Which the Profile LED projectors being a much cheaper LED option which is still much brighter than the new 2018 headlights.

Pudge[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top