1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need to (potentionally) make a decision on front coilovers today

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by BAMtruck, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Dec 3, 2021 at 12:30 PM
    BAMtruck

BAMtruck [OP] New Member

Member:
    SW CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC SR5 5.7L MGM
    275/70/18 BFG's, ARE MX Topper
    Looking hard at Eibach 2.0 coilovers. Sale ends today so if I go that route it would be good to order today. $765

I have, in my possession a set of used OME coilovers with 613 springs. They have an unknown amount of miles on them but likely around 20k. I would need to buy and swap 612 springs as I don't have any extra weight up front. $2-300

I have also seriously considered toytec boss aluma 2.0's $1k. This is my price ceiling.

I have had a full OME set up on a tacoma previously and loved it. Though it was a bit more of a stiff ride than I'd like for this truck. My partner found the tacoma a bit jarring (has back issues) and she drives the tundra a fair bit. Based on the use of the truck, I think any of the options listed would fit the bill.

I know there are about a million other threads on this topic but I'd be interested to get some folks thoughts. Trying to break my decision paralysis.

2. Dec 3, 2021 at 1:13 PM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    Depends on what you are doing with the truck. I have run OME as well (not on tundra but few other vehicles) and it is good stuff, install and forget it, just works and lasts really long time. I have OME on a r4unner now, 6 years and 70k miles on it and it rides like new. However, OME is HD stuff, lifts higher than advertised and is on the firm side, even the light springs. But if you run around loaded and do some offroading, OME is a great option at a great price.

If you are more street oriented, Toytec or the Eibach pro truck 2.0 will be a better daily driver. Either is an upgrade over stock and can handle offroad, onroad both of them are nice.

FWIW, I did a ton of research. I purchased Eibach pro truck 2.0 because it was impossible to beat the upgrade for the price. Not installed yet, just ordered and got the setup for my rear just yesterday. so I will be running the Eibach stage 2 and then RAS in the rear for a little lift and less squat in the rear.

All that you are considering are good quality, so what works for you will depend on your budget and how you intend to use the truck.

3. Dec 3, 2021 at 1:20 PM
    Black@Blue19

Black@Blue19 Old Salt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    21 SR5 TSS Onroad, 24 Camaro 2SS 6.2 L
    To much to list:)
    I like the ride on my 21 CrewMax TSS SR5 Offroad. Smooth ride. Definitely rides a lot smoother than my 19 TRD Sport. Find out the OEM front shocks for a 21 OffRoad 2wd and go with them. That’s my 2cents!!:)

4. Dec 3, 2021 at 1:23 PM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    also, not sure if you have seen them but there are a couple threads here on the site, one for eibach pro truck (older setup with clip settings) and another thread for the eibach pro truck stage 2 (threaded/adjustable), so look those over as well.

Plenty of info on the toytec suspension here too. Easy to search- upper right.

5. Dec 3, 2021 at 2:58 PM
    withoutapaddle

withoutapaddle New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra SR5 Magnetic Gray
    I have the Eibach pro-truck shocks on the front of my rig. They’re outstanding for the price.

6. Dec 3, 2021 at 3:11 PM
    BAMtruck

BAMtruck [OP] New Member

Member:
    SW CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC SR5 5.7L MGM
    275/70/18 BFG's, ARE MX Topper
    Yeah, the OME on my tacoma had 70k on it and was still going strong when I sold it. The tundra sees a ton of dirt from my wildly variable county road to super chunky, San Juan Mountain hell roads and Utah desert time. I've read the threads, just still waffling. Leaning towards ordering though.

Products Discussed in

To Top