1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by joem1cha3l, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Jan 10, 2018 at 2:39 PM
    joem1cha3l

joem1cha3l [OP] New Member

Member:
    Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    2016 Double Cab SR5 Blazing Blue Pearl
    BOSS Suspension, DB Customz Grill, 35's, Spyder, Tint, Color matched corners
    As some of you may know, Ive been having some issues with my propane company. They fixed these issues by swapping out all my equipment for "free" on Sunday. I pay a $10 per month fee for equipment rental for them to maintain all their equipment, so free is a bunch of bs.

They made a delivery to my home yesterday and the price seemed pretty high per gallon. Theres currently an investigation being launched in NYS for price gouging by fuel companies. I made some calls today and the going rate per gallon is $1.99 to $2.39 a gallon.

They charged me $3.19 a gallon yesterday.

We called today to tell them to stop our automatic deliveries (unbeknownst to them, we will be switching companies). They asked why we wanted to do that and we said it didnt matter, please cancel them. They refused to do so without a reason. They said they would call us again in a week and ask again for a reason.

Im not in contract, nor do I feel obligated to give them a reason when they know they're ripping me off. The first thing they said was "Is it about price? we can work something out". That tells me right there they know they're screwing me. I went through this with them two years ago, told them im switching companies and they dropped the price 40%. Im done playing this game, now its about principle.

So, as far as advice - what do I do since they will not cancel our deliveries? We are billed for the product since we have a charge account, so its not as simple as cancelling a credit card on file. I've never, ever in my life considered suing someone, but the gouging really has me pissed.

2. Jan 10, 2018 at 4:46 PM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    Idont know...tell them the truth?:notsure: AND tell them you want a refund.

Prostar 190 and TXMiamiFan like this.
  3. Jan 10, 2018 at 5:00 PM
    JMB

JMB Not new, just a little old.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Tundra DC
    5100s all around, 295-70-18 Defenders, 1.25 Spidertrax spacers, BD reverse lights, de-badged, interior LEDs, footwell LEDs, reverse LEDs, ARE cap, front receiver hitch for cooler holder, cooler holder/rod rack, backup camera, Kenwood HU, Westin nerf bars, Husky floor liners, folding rear seats, remote battery posts, plastidip grill chrome, Powder coat bumpers.
    This. Tell them you paid 3.19 when it should have been about 2.00. We learned about 8 or 9 years ago that insurance and cable work the same way. You get a good price initially and then it creeps up. Now we shop every other year for both. When they ask why, we (my wife) tells them the truth, you want $x and we can get it for $y. Sometimes they match, sometimes no. Go with the best price and change when it doesn't work for you anymore. You can stand on principle which feels good, but in the end it's your money, get the most out of it.

ColoradoTJ, Bprose and joem1cha3l[OP] like this.
  4. Jan 10, 2018 at 5:11 PM
    nishibot

nishibot Just2havnfun

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Perris, CA.
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra CM 4x4 TRD Off Road MGM
    I'm not a lawyer but it sounds like you can create a cancelation of service letter and send it to said company. Also send it to credit card company. Send both certified mail. Then if propane company bills credit card tell credit company you did not authorize the charge. Should work I think.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  5. Jan 10, 2018 at 5:13 PM
    Juanjoolio007

Juanjoolio007 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2019 Silver Sky Platinum Crew Max
    Bed Rug, Tonneau cover, Window visors, Console organizer, Weather Tech's
    Is it a mom and pop type place or national chain? Either way I would switch from phone calls to emails that way there is a paper trail and if you need proof later you have it.

6. Jan 10, 2018 at 5:13 PM
    tye

tye New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tye
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Pro DC
    Diamondback cover, flowmaster exhaust, n-fab sliders
    Tell them what your price investigation revealed and that you want a price adjustment. Furthermore tell them you can’t trust them anymore and no longer want to do business with them. I would also tell them they art not welcome on your property and if they trespass you will seek a restraining order or have them charged with trespassing. Check with your local law enforcement or state police as to your best option to barring them from your land

7. Jan 10, 2018 at 5:39 PM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Ok Joe, here's what I found out from a friend in the buisness, and I actually delivered propane and he was a service tech. Any as far as that price jump, he said sounds like they initially started you out @ 1.99, then put you on a second tier @ 2.39, and leveled you off @ 3.19. Generally when they give you a low price like that your in a contract. Question- Do you own your tank, or does all equipment belong to them, which I gotta ask who's your propane company. If you do not own it, then I suggest you get the % in the the tank, and write it down for your record and to cya. You have no obligation to tell them anything, why, what, when , and where. Look for another company. Remember with any company ask what the price will be later on, if you want to be locked in to a price, more than likely you will have to sign a contract. You also have the choice of getting your own tank. When and if you do find another propane company, they will come out and set your tank and move your existing tank out of the way. It is then you call them and tell them to come pick up there tank and equipment. Hope this helps Joe.

8. Jan 10, 2018 at 6:16 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    I have had a few friends with this same issue. Contractually they were obligated to fill the tank every quarter. Well, of course three of the quarters are higher price.

They resolved all this BS by purchasing their own tank (biggest they could afford) and purchasing propane when it’s the cheapest. A 1500 gallon tank should last a year right? I guess it depends on Home efficiency and if you subsidize your heat with wood/pellet stoves.

SouthBoundSteve likes this.
  9. Jan 10, 2018 at 6:26 PM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    1000 gallon were the biggest we dealt with. 1500 gallons should last you quite a while, unless you are livin large and have a Olympic pool with a pool heater. Generally TJ a 120 gallon will run all your cooking, gas fireplace and grill if you have that tied in. Normally 1000 gallon tanks were commercial accounts. I have a ventless fireplace I need to replace. They are nice to have, they take the workload of your heat pump .

ColoradoTJ[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Jan 10, 2018 at 6:46 PM
    Prostar 190

Prostar 190 SSEM #9 I would rather be water skiing

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    OH
    Vehicle:
    2010 CrewMax limited 4X4
    6" lift 35" Toyo M/T
    Like the others have said buy your own tank you get gas at a cheaper price. You can also buy it from whom ever is the best price at the time. It looked like he had two 124 vertical tanks in the picture the other day so a 500 would work just fine.

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  11. Jan 10, 2018 at 6:50 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    I’m not sure what size they were, but the tanks were large.

I’ve never been on propane. More btu content than NG, but it fluctuates more than I like.

One more thing to run into when drinking...lol

rons23[QUOTED] and Prostar 190 like this.
  12. Jan 10, 2018 at 6:51 PM
    4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel Perfectly Imperfect Tomboy....TTC #132

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    ToyTec BOSS Lift, FRAC, 18" Fuel Pump wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    I would just tell them straight out....I'm canceling my automatic deliveries because I don't feel i need them at this time.

Prostar 190 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top