1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need opinions on wheel and tire size.... please check my math

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ChrisZTT, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Mar 15, 2020 at 7:08 PM
    ChrisZTT

ChrisZTT [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Super White Platinum CM 4x4
    I have a 2018 white CM (fastest color ever). I am putting a Bilstien 5100 adjustable shocks with 2 coachbuilder shackles on the driver and 1 passenger which should give me 3" of lift on the top setting. Also putting +3 coachbuilder shackles on the rear. Those are all sitting in the garage waiting for install along with a TRD sway bar for the rear.

So I am ordering new wheels and tires. Looking at the Hostile Alpha 20x9 0 offset. I was also going to put 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on it. I am also considering the 295/60/20 which are 1" thinner and about 9lbs lighter. The math I am using is wheel width/2-offset-90. So this gives me a 315/2-0-90 divided by 25 to convert from cm to inches. This tells me I will be 2.7" outside the fender. Does that sound right?

My objective was to have 1 to 1 1/2 inches of poke, not almost 3. I just wanted to get a second set of eyes from those who might have this setup. If this is true then my next thought was to maybe use some Bushwacker Pocket style fender flares. And if I use the flares should I go with the 0 offset or bump it up ti the -19 offset? So many questions.

Anyways, thanks for looking. Appreciate any info the more experienced people have to offer.

Products Discussed in

To Top