1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need HELP!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Cuzin Eddie, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Apr 25, 2018 at 10:37 AM
    Cuzin Eddie

Cuzin Eddie [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Vehicle:
    2014 CM Black Platinum 4X4
    TRD Supercharged * BDS 4.5 level with Fox Shocks * AMP running Boards * Bed Rug, Spyder Headlights with HID Conversion * 46 Gal TransferFlow Fuel Tank * Fuel 2 Piece Hostage Wheels * 35" Toyo RT's * Backflip Bed Cover * Pioneer Avic NEX8200 with Amp, Speakers & Subs * Trailer Tow Mirrors * N-Fab Bumper Bar with 30" Vision LED Light Bar *
    I’ve decided that I want to go out and do some Overlanding. I have ordered a RTT, rack, Decked bed system, and some other goodies. I know a lot of people that go off reading prefer the 18” over the 20’s. I currently have Fuel Hostage 2 piece wheels that are at 0 offset - I run Toyo 35 x 12.5 RT’s and I really like the stance. I have Fender Flares on my truck so I need a wider look to look right.

What would everyone recommend? I love then SCS but they only come in +25 and 9” wide. I dont think I will get enough to look right. HELP!

Thanks!

2. Apr 25, 2018 at 10:39 AM
    Cuzin Eddie

Cuzin Eddie [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Vehicle:
    2014 CM Black Platinum 4X4
    TRD Supercharged * BDS 4.5 level with Fox Shocks * AMP running Boards * Bed Rug, Spyder Headlights with HID Conversion * 46 Gal TransferFlow Fuel Tank * Fuel 2 Piece Hostage Wheels * 35" Toyo RT's * Backflip Bed Cover * Pioneer Avic NEX8200 with Amp, Speakers & Subs * Trailer Tow Mirrors * N-Fab Bumper Bar with 30" Vision LED Light Bar *
  3. Apr 25, 2018 at 10:44 AM
    itsdchz

itsdchz 50statesoverland

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM Cement 4x4
    Icon, UCAs, Method, SSO, KB VOODOO, Skids and Sliders
    If it works for you, and you like the look, then keep it. For off-road, and treks, I always look at the- more rubber- is better rule. More meat to absorb the impacts and keep the rims from damage, improve ride, and hopefully resist tire damage, seems to work for me. I cannot see how 20s with less rubber seems to be a good idea for any off roader... Just my take though

4. Apr 25, 2018 at 10:47 AM
    itsdchz

itsdchz 50statesoverland

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM Cement 4x4
    Icon, UCAs, Method, SSO, KB VOODOO, Skids and Sliders
    off topic though- your neighborhood triggered a breaking bad moment. It looks amazingly close to Hanks street!

Products Discussed in

To Top