1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help with my 2006 Sequoia (post motor swap)

Discussion in 'Sequoia 1st Gen (2001-2007)' started by 2006sequoiafool, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Jan 26, 2020 at 3:21 PM
    2006sequoiafool

2006sequoiafool [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x4
    Engine Swap
    Hi, I am new to this forum and I could really use someones help before I have to resort to taking my vehicle to the dealership. Over my Christmas break my dad and I pulled out the old motor that threw 3 valves at 350k miles and replaced the torque converter and motor with a "new" motor with 140k miles. After chasing electrical problems we got it start up and we drove it for a mile before the VSC TRAC and VSC OFF lights came on along with the check engine light. I traced this to the secondary air pump under the intake manifold and replaced that with the old one from the old motor. After this the truck ran great and I drove it 2.5 hours to my college campus and 30 minutes outside of campus the check engine light began flashing and the engine was misfiring. I got the codes run at an autozone and it showed misfires on cylinders 6, 7 and 8 and a random misfire. There are also codes for Ignition Coils A, D, E, F, G and H for the Primary/Secondary Circuit along with codes for Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 and the MAF and the Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor. I have no idea what to start with because it all seems so random. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. Jan 26, 2020 at 5:03 PM
    Johnsonman

Johnsonman New Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Sequoia
    LED headlamps/fogs; interior footlamps.
    Yeah that would be a lot of coils going out at the same time, doesn't make complete sense.

I would maybe suspect a wiring connection has come loose between ECU and the places it connects at on engine. Check all major connections and Grounds especially. Luck and let us know what you find.

MS22 likes this.
  3. Jan 26, 2020 at 5:21 PM
    huntertn

huntertn New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2008 White CrewMax Limited 4x4
    I with Johnsonman on this one. Sounds like it is probably a loose connection or ground problem. I would go back and double check them all as a first step.

Start with the stuff you took loose to do the air pump.

To Top