1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help with a call system

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by T-Rex266, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Feb 24, 2022 at 10:04 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 [OP] Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    So, I have taken the initiative to regenerate a spreadsheet that our call center uses for misc items. These items also have a drop down menu such as "Follow-Up Required". I want to get away from Excel and wanted to see what others may be doing? Different software's? Software's that can push out e-mails to those needed who are listed as "follow-up required" etc.

Ideas welcomed!

1794TX likes this.
  2. Feb 24, 2022 at 10:08 AM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    You might look into something like a trouble ticketing system. The company I work for is using Field Service 365, and previously had one called Service Center, but I don't know how well it would integrate with your operations. I also know nothing of it's implementation or cost. I just use the system for tickets we get from outside companies and also our customers. Not the best, but FS365 can be tailored a bit to the business.

Edit: It might be called Dynamics 365. Pretty sure it's part of the Microsoft 365 that @1794TX mentions.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    Black Wolf and T-Rex266[OP] like this.
  3. Feb 24, 2022 at 10:15 AM
    1794TX

1794TX Should be taken in small doses

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    N.TX
    Vehicle:
    '20 1794
    Do you have Microsoft 365? It has capabilities to generate workflow in several ways. You could track and manage workflow in SharePoint and/or via PowerPlatform.

What does the call center toolset look like? How many users/operators are there?

4. Feb 24, 2022 at 10:19 AM
    aj6502

aj6502 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Magnetic Gray Double Cab SR5
    Nothing Yet
    Our departments consist of mechanical maintenance and electrical maintenance and have transitioned to a software called smartsheet. Works like excel so limited retraining and has email followups integrated into the system.
    https://www.smartsheet.com/

Black Wolf and T-Rex266[OP] like this.
  5. Feb 24, 2022 at 10:30 AM
    Kung

Kung Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 CM 4WD, TRD Off-Road, Voodoo Blue
    Spiffy console tray Spiffy N-Fab steps Spiffy Katzkin seats
    Whatever you do, DON'T use ITSM Remedy. LOL

TRDFerguson and T-Rex266[OP] like this.
  6. Feb 24, 2022 at 10:38 AM
    BobsYourUncle

BobsYourUncle New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Super White Tundra TRD Pro
    Haha.... oh yeah, Remedy is a major PIA and I am guessing very much overkill for a replacement where the current system is spreadsheets.

7. Feb 24, 2022 at 10:55 AM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    We do.
    So basically, our call center has two employees. if an an emp doesnt clock in, they call them. If an emp calls off, they log it in the spreadsheet. If an emp asks for time off, they log it etc. The log is then e-blasted to all managers in all regions. Attached is a quick snipshot

upload_2022-2-24_11-55-15.jpg

8. Feb 24, 2022 at 1:10 PM
    1794TX

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    N.TX
    Vehicle:
    '20 1794
    Depending on which O365 license you have, we should be able to get that done. Are you the O365 admin? If so, go to the admin console > billing > licenses, and you should see what you have license-wise. The stuff below will require a license like Business Standard or E3.

The time off scheduling problem has templates already built for Power Automate, e.g. this one. If the ee's have internet, they can log into O365 (from work or home) and complete a request, and workflow would send it via email to whomever - a distribution list of managers if you like.

As for outbound calls to the ee, I'm not sure we could attack that from the same sharepoint list, but I can try. Either way, we could set up a list to manage those, recording whatever response the ee makes. Something like this could work, with adjustments for record storage (that one's based off Excel, but Sharepoint would probably make a better repository). Power BI is a reporting tool you could connect to the data to run reports; but if you don't already have a license (e.g. M365 E5 or O365 E5), it's a little pricey if this would be all you'd do with it.

I'm definitely not a ninja with this stuff; but I can talk the language. If you think it's something to dig into, we can start.

T-Rex266[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  9. Feb 24, 2022 at 1:15 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    I believe only IT is admin on it. We use a different software for billing, scheduling, time off etc. This is more just a log for the call center to log notes and I want it to push some sort of alert out to said employee in said region if an item is marked as follow-up or similar. On outbound calls, its just a notation, but doesnt require follow-up unless they mark it as as follow-up (i.e.- no call, no show, tried calling John Smith. Follow up)

10. Feb 24, 2022 at 1:21 PM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    plenty of good ticketing systems out there to keep track of work. You can also uses Access to build a simple form for tracking, and Access can do reporting.

T-Rex266[OP] likes this.
  11. Feb 24, 2022 at 1:46 PM
    TRDFerguson

TRDFerguson SSEM #99/RGBA #8-ish?/It’s a funny name.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Southeast Greater Basin, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM CrüeMax
    REPORTED

:rolleyes:

T-Rex266[OP] likes this.
  12. Feb 24, 2022 at 1:48 PM
    TRDFerguson

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM CrüeMax
    I've set up OSTicket before with pretty minimal pain, but it's definitely not for an average user to stand up. It's pretty customizable with workflows and data fields. https://osticket.com/

T-Rex266[OP] likes this.
  13. Feb 24, 2022 at 1:49 PM
    1794TX

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    N.TX
    Vehicle:
    '20 1794
    Okay - - I was overcomplicating.

If y'all have Sharepoint in O365 we can build something small without much fanfare. Basically just that Excel in your screenshot with a workflow email when a record is saved. If you want me to mock it up, I'll try to get something working in a lab in the next few days. I'll document steps, and if you like it your IT folks will be able to build it.

14. Feb 24, 2022 at 1:52 PM
    1794TX

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    N.TX
    Vehicle:
    '20 1794
  15. Feb 24, 2022 at 1:54 PM
    TRDFerguson

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM CrüeMax
    Jira is another curse word in my mind. I didn't realize they had a free tier though, just assumed it's always an unwieldy buggy pile o' shit that big companies roll out with little forethought.

And I forgot Spiceworks existed - used them quite a bit back in my education sector stint. Was pretty cool all the things you can pull together with that.

T-Rex266[OP] and 1794TX[QUOTED] like this.
  16. Feb 24, 2022 at 4:51 PM
    RainMan_PNW

RainMan_PNW SSEM #82 RGBA #4 “That Guy” Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Clark County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Lunar Rock TRD Pro CM
    Check the build link in my signature.
    I've used Jira (not the free one) and it's OK. Our IT department and tool department use it for ticketing, and it is pretty flexible. Not cheap and I have no idea the flexibility on the free tier.
    Spiceworks I've also used to build a ticketing system for my department (BIM/Modeling/Detailing), but it was hard to really customize to report how I wanted in the free version because they are so geared toward being an IT help system.
    I'm not all that up to speed on MS365 tiers and features and sharing of documents (multiple people working in the same document at same time) - I gotta believe it's possible through sharepoint integration at this point but who knows.
    Access is the bane of my existence...since starting to use SQL a few years ago I cringe at the thought of ever having to even look at Access again.
    Currently, we use the shit out of Smartsheets though. It's not super expensive for a small number of seats, the automation/notifications are pretty easy to do, and the ability to create quick and simple forms for entering new data into the sheet that any user with access to the link can enter (you can also lock it down if you want) makes it super easy to customize for people that are most comfortable in Excel. It would probably be the easiest to migrate to from your current Excel setup if getting it working using 1794TX's ideas for Sharepoint didn't work.

TRDFerguson, 1794TX and T-Rex266[OP] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top