1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My new Detailing methods on the 2023 Tundra 1794 w TRD OR

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by gj953, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Apr 22, 2023 at 2:07 PM
    gj953

gj953 [OP] New Member

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    2023 1794 Hybrid TRD OR Blueprint
    So, I've been detailing since about 1973 or so... back in the days of paste waxes and then the polys. Lots of work, back then, and the results weren't that great - compared to todays methods.

I was a Zaino guy for almost 20 yrs, but, with my S5 and the 1794, I've changed my process completely. I had both vehicles ceramic coated, and ppf on leading edges/bumpers/etc. And I started using ONR about 8 months ago, and really love it, a couple months ago, I found Gyeon Wet and wow! Along the way, I tried beadmaker, and a few other chemicals for toppers/etc, but ONR and Wet win. I used Gyeon Coat (leather protection/cleaner kit) on the S5 leather - next up is Gyeon leather shield(ceramic leather protection) on the 1794. And This fall, I'll put shield on the S5 too.

I cleaned the boat today first time, since Hurricane Ian came thru the area.(got sidelined with fixing things Ian destroyed in the yard/house and such prior. ) It was filthy. Adams car shampoo and a soft brush to get the really nasty stuff off, and then rinse/Wet/ wow! Great stuff. In this pic, you can see where I've applied the Wet to the right, and where there is nothing to the left - and it's all water, but absolutely no protection.

Screenshot 2023-04-22 170609.jpg

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    NUDRAT likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top