1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 2008 CM IASCA Sound Quality Build

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by chefhow, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Jun 23, 2018 at 9:22 AM
    chefhow

chefhow [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    McKinney Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 CrewMax
    TRD Supercharger
    Ok folks, figured its time to start a build log for my audio build in the truck my kid has dubbed "Big Red".
    I compete in IASCA Ultimate and while this wont be an all out crazy build like my Scion was this will be competitive in the class.
    The equipment:
    HUwill either be an Alpine Halo 9 or a Pioneer 7201NEX

Amps will be Arc Audio 1200.6 and 2500.1 to run a 3 way front stage and my subs. Rear fill will be handled by the HU power if I go with the Pioneer and with a small Arc amp I already have if I go with the Alpine. Amps will be mounted under the drivers seat, there is plenty of room for a nice clean install.

Processor will be an Arc Audio PS8 with the PSC controller mounted in the dash.

Speakers will be Stevens Audio 8" midbass in the door, 3" prototype midrange in the dash and the 1" tweeter in the sail panel. The door panels will be modified to change the opening where the 6x9 grill is to an 8" opening shaped grill. The midrange should drop in pretty easily with minor trimming of the opening under the grill. The tweeter location will be a full refab but its not a difficult job and I should be able to get both done in a weekend

Subs are going to be 4 Arc Audio 8's in a sealed enclosure behind the back seat.

I will dampen the entire cab with Wirez dampening and a layer of open cell foam to keep it quiet from road noise. Wiring for the truck will be Wirez as well with custom made RCA connections using Monster Cable ends.

I am a part of a few manufacturer teams, namely Arc Audio and Stevens Audio so most of my equipment will be coming from them. This entire process will start in the fall but I will probably build the sail panels and dampen the truck before the installation of the equipment begins.

Pics to follow soon...

The patient

Big Red.jpg

2. Jun 23, 2018 at 9:57 AM
    louscrw

louscrw all jacked up on Mt. Dew

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Warner Robins, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2023 F150 Raptor
    Can’t wait to see this project

3. Jun 23, 2018 at 10:06 AM
    Squatting Pigeon

Squatting Pigeon Squattingpigeon.com Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Holden
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    GR Corolla
  4. Jun 23, 2018 at 1:07 PM
    chefhow

chefhow [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    McKinney Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 CrewMax
    TRD Supercharger
    I'm at least 6 weeks from starting the audio portion of the install. Next week is family vacation to New Braunsfel and San Antonio. After the vacation comes a clay bar, compound and polish session. I have some work travel coming up and then the install will begin. Im hoping to get started on it in August and be ready for the start of the 2019 IASCA season in November.

Products Discussed in

To Top