1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 02 went to a good home.

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by wunderwerks, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Oct 23, 2016 at 4:26 AM
    wunderwerks

wunderwerks [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle:
    02 Tundra SR5
    Finally agreed to let her go. Detailed cleaning, carnuba paste wax, detailed printout covering the last 130,000 of service, new oil change and full tank of gas, polished headlight lens, painted color matching spray in bed liner, original manuals in glovebox and set of factory shop manuals laying on the back seat. When you sell a truck to a buddy it had better be right. I value the friendship more than the truck and I really like this the best truck I have ever owned in 50 years plus.
    My buddy's cousin drove it 4 hrs. out to western KS and got a little over 19 mpg. The old V8 can still do it. I could tell in a recent tow that a few of the ponies had retired but the remainder still pulled fairly good.
    Sad to see her go, but glad she will be well cared for.

2. Oct 23, 2016 at 5:42 AM
    veg hed

veg hed Thug

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ta-Tundra Barcelona Red
    Sounds like it was a good one. I looked and looked and couldn't find a 1st gen with lowish miles in good shape. I found one with 70k on the clock but it was gone quick so I eventually bought a new one. Did you get a new Tundra?

3. Oct 23, 2016 at 7:15 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    So, what are you going to replace her with?

4. Oct 23, 2016 at 7:22 AM
    wunderwerks

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle:
    02 Tundra SR5
    Years ago I asked a Chevrolet dealer I was well acquainted with about cleaning and detailing a vehicle I was considering trading in. He told me the sharper the trade in looked was money in my pocket. When it is dirty, and apparently needs a lot of time spent on cleaning, the dealer discounts the value way more than their clean up costs as they have to protect themselves against the covered up potential problems. No different than comparing two cars to buy: 1. Sharp clean good maintenance apparent vs 2. Dirty and apparently lack of care by the owner.

driverdog, Law323 and NewImprovedRon like this.
  5. Oct 23, 2016 at 7:26 AM
    wunderwerks

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle:
    02 Tundra SR5
    Shopping right now. My truck requirements are different now than 14 years ago. Tundras are definitely holding their value. Looking at something with 25,000 miles or less previously owned by someone who only used it to get groceries or go to the golf course.

Law323 and T-Rex266[QUOTED] like this.
  6. Oct 23, 2016 at 8:33 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Sending it off right!!
    Good luck with your next one!!

NewImprovedRon likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top