1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Morimoto XB Fog's - not really impressed

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by convex, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Oct 8, 2021 at 7:01 PM
    convex

convex [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Columbia SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 1794
    ARE Topper Yakima rack Dual Dash Cams
    I've been trying to adjust these things for two nights now. They're casting a narrow beam, they look cool, but they don't get as wide as the stock halogens. I'm going to put the stock fogs back in. I'd imagine a led bulb in the stock housing would be better. This may also be because they don't fit flush with the back side of the bumper molding, but behind it.

Anyone else not impressed with theirs?

2. Oct 8, 2021 at 7:09 PM
    a522467

a522467 Life’s short. Live now.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michelle
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black Tundra Doublecab 4X4 SR5 with SX pkg
    Rear spring upgrade, rear shock upgrade, front & rear sway bars, bed step, bed mat, console organizer & tray, black lug nut covers, rear underseat storage box, black seat covers, Bluetooth CarPlay adapter, LED fogs, blue footwell lighting, LED cargo, reverse, tail, and stop bulbs, tinted tail and 3rd stop/cargo lights, tinted glass all around, tinted front emblem, matte black tailgate emblem inserts, retractable tonneau cover w/trac system and load bars, front facing camera, 8” exhaust upgrade, LED bed lights, 8-ball shifter knob, shifter boot, LED headlights, custom wheel center caps, 3”x30’ tow recovery strap, bed rail clamps, LED puddle lights, phone mount, OBD2 scanner, touchscreen glass protector/overlay, trailer hitch lock, tire traction aid, tinted license plate cover, power relay module, 6-way fuse block with cover, stainless mesh cowl screens, LT265/70R18 A/T tires, driver’s side swing case toolbox, dual air horn kit, rear Husky Liner, cat converter theft deterrent covers, front & rear dash cam, LED tail light bar, trailer plug wiring harness, locking fuel door, matte black interior door handles, glovebox & fuel door keyhole decals, TUNDRA sill plates decals, chalk bag cup holder / trash can, HD Roadmaster active suspension kit, HD front struts, Backlit window control panel, tailgate gap cover, matte black radio surround. https://www.tundras.com/threads/740-yota-2020-sr5-4x4-dc-w-sx-pkg.79742/
    Agree. I yanked the XB fogs out of my Tundra and put them in the 4Runner instead. The Tundra now has Diode Dynamics SS3 MAX fog lights. They are incredible.

Buildn likes this.
  3. Oct 9, 2021 at 6:44 AM
    pursuit2550

pursuit2550 New Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra SR5 DC Attitude Black
    I haven’t been impressed by anything made by Morinoto for some time now. They were my go to for HID upgrades back in the day. Now that there are more opinions out on the market I think they dropped their quality. I did research on fog lights and DD SS3 are the go to for fog’s.

Vang530 and rockmup like this.
  4. Oct 9, 2021 at 7:24 AM
    Danman34

Danman34 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tundra TRD Sport
  5. Oct 9, 2021 at 9:42 AM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Sarcastic Zword and Shadowrex like this.
  6. Oct 9, 2021 at 11:08 AM
    Sarcastic Zword

Sarcastic Zword What’s old is new again.

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra 5.7
    I have them. For my daily night time driving, they serve me just fine. Plus they don’t burn the retinas of the drivers in the opposing lane.
    If I need more light, I go to High Beams or my light bar.

7. Oct 9, 2021 at 12:16 PM
    sigh824

sigh824 New Member

Member:
    NewImprovedRon likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top