1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Morimito Fog Lights

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by dv8TRDPRO, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Jan 18, 2020 at 6:48 PM
    dv8TRDPRO

dv8TRDPRO [OP] NOOGTRDPRO

Member:
    Chattanooga
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Pro White
    Weather Tech mats, Stubby antenna, AJT gear shift knob, AJT keyfob, Tundra door sill protectors, Cup holder inserts, door pocket inserts, console inserts, Tundra tailgate letter, and TRD PRO bed insert. Kenwood dnx996xr 1299 with navigation, vehicle gauges, and tire pressure sensors gauges Keyless Remote CL6 app remote start 4 rolls of sound shield 1 Jl rd 900/5 2 Jl c2 650 components 2 Jl 10w1
    Installed my fog lights and the passenger side seems to be aimed wrong. I have a weird shadow coming from the bottom. Are they adjustable. I plan to pull it out in the morning and look closer. Wasn’t sure anyone else had this issue.

2. Jan 18, 2020 at 7:26 PM
    Danman34

Danman34 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tundra TRD Sport
    Should be adjustable. Explain “weird shadow coming from the bottom”.

dv8TRDPRO[OP] likes this.
  3. Jan 18, 2020 at 8:02 PM
    dv8TRDPRO

Member:
    Chattanooga
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Pro White
    Weather Tech mats, Stubby antenna, AJT gear shift knob, AJT keyfob, Tundra door sill protectors, Cup holder inserts, door pocket inserts, console inserts, Tundra tailgate letter, and TRD PRO bed insert. Kenwood dnx996xr 1299 with navigation, vehicle gauges, and tire pressure sensors gauges Keyless Remote CL6 app remote start 4 rolls of sound shield 1 Jl rd 900/5 2 Jl c2 650 components 2 Jl 10w1
    The driver side has clean beam of light from the center of truck to the side. The passenger side has a clean line from the center for about 3 ft and then it’s like the light beam is blocked. Making it look like we have a shadow. The beam goes across it’s just looks partially blocked.

4. Jan 18, 2020 at 8:52 PM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    It has a screw adjuster on the bottom. You should be able to get to it with the liner off.

5. Jan 18, 2020 at 8:56 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Lemme see if I can find a pic of my morimoto output. They have a small sliver of light just I'm front of the truck then the regular beam after that. I believe its normal

6. Jan 18, 2020 at 9:04 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
  7. Jan 20, 2020 at 5:25 PM
    dv8TRDPRO

Member:
    Chattanooga
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Pro White
    I didn't get to work on the truck this weekend ended up sick. So I thought I would add some pics of the beam pattern and the issue. Need to do another shot with the pattern on a wall. I will try to get that tomorrow. It does feel like the headlight on the passenger side may be running higher or maybe dimmer that the driver's side.

Any ideas?

Fog lights on
    IMG_4809.jpg
    Fog lights off
    IMG_4808.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  8. Jan 22, 2020 at 2:16 PM
    LlamaResistance

LlamaResistance Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Crewmax SR5 TRD Offroad
    MLED Retrofitted Platinum Headlights, Ranch Hand bumper, Firestone airsprings, Leer 100XR Shell, Amp Research Steps
    Definitely looks like the passenger side fog is aimed very low and needs to be adjusted up. You can see that the main body of light is hitting the ground much closer to your truck than the driver's side.

Products Discussed in

To Top