1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mobile Repair and Diagnostic Service

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by RoujePN, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Apr 18, 2019 at 1:42 PM
    RoujePN

RoujePN [OP] New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum CM 4x4 5.7L 1G3
    See increased offerings with more prime time advertisements. A handful of the companies used to be limited regional, but nationwide growth now hints of the wave that cellular carrier/cable tv uber eats yada yada types, provider industry. Wrench, Fixx, Your Mechanic, Otobots etc etc to name a few. In our state, Seattle based Wrench claims ASE certified techs requiring 5 years experience. Since advertised many warrantied services (@lower cost to customer) direct to the home/office, anyone experience or have thoughts potential decent competition to stealership garages?

2. Apr 18, 2019 at 1:51 PM
    TundraMcGov.

TundraMcGov. Your friend. Your foe. Not yo Ho.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jofus
    Burpinham, Babalama
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White DC 4X4 Tundra
    I'm curious to know if the Wrench guy who communicates with you is actually the wrench guy that looks at your sh!t. Let alone fix it if it requires that. My guess? You call them. "They" send out Duuuuuuude. He plugs in an OBD reader. Tells you "it's a tootie-fruitie-whistle-bootie, bank 1. Here. Call these guys and go see them." He then uploads your particular information into a data system. One hour later your cell phone-voice, cell phone-text and e-mail GO NUTZ. Next day a zit riddled 20 something shows up again at your house to hassle you on getting down to Big Jim's Big Bang, Dent & Repair shop. "They're waiting for you."

And now my lawyer likes me to include this part >>>> YMMV.

3. Apr 18, 2019 at 1:59 PM
    shakezoola

shakezoola Not a new member

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Sport MGM
    N-Fab MRDS Bfront Bumper w/ Rigid Industries Radiance PODS and Curved LED Light Bar TRD Skid plate Victory 4x4 Roof rack and hood mounts with Rigid industries Midnight PODS Alpine Halo9 ILX-F309TND Alpine PDR-V75 5-Channel amp powering 4x Image Dynamics component speakers Alpine S-A60M powering 1x 12" sub Fortin Remote Start with MyCar App Switch Pros SP-9100 Pop-and-Lock tailgate lock vLeds front turn signals w/switchback Center Console Safe Pedal Commander Diamond Back HD bed cover Swing Cases Driver/Passenger Katzkin Leather seats w/ heated front seats Bilstein B8 5100's Front and rear AMP Research PowerSteps Toyota TSS wheels w/ DuraTracs Toyota bed mat Bed light (LEDs) Blacked out badges Sport Antenna
    A few years ago my nephew was having issues with his vehicle. I went to his place (in the freezing cold) to see if I could diagnose the problem. It appeared to be a bad alternator and dead battery. I didn't want to have it towed to get it repaired, so my my wife found a a mobile repair guy. It was two brothers that ran the business from a van. They came, diagnosed, and fixed it on-site for a fair price. So yes, if you do your due diligence, you'll find good/great mobile diagnostics/repair companies out there.

Products Discussed in

To Top