1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Metro Vac ‘N’ Blo 4.0, price points and choices to their configurations

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by driverdog, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Jul 3, 2018 at 7:18 AM
    driverdog

driverdog [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno pro
    Nerf step bars spray in bed liners window tint integrated brake controller
    I’ve had a lot of hours using the 4.0 model PRO83BA which came with a 30’ one piece hose.

It is very powerful and I would say more than the commercial coin operated vacuums at wash stations. It also comes with great attachments. I also use it for drying off hard to dry crevices prior to applying sealants, waxes etc. by hooking up the hose to the exhaust side. Pretty quiet too.

What I’ve noticed is there are many different configurations, price points, length of hoses. some of the selections have long hoses advertised but they are spliced together from 6’ hoses to get longer lengths.

Here is mine and for reference and note how long the body is and how far the handle is from the end of the vacuum. Some of the other models show the machine to be not as long. I don’t know if that really makes a difference or not.
    image.jpg
    There good sales going on so here are some sites.

$390 Metro VAC N BLO CAR VACUUM DRYER COMMERCIAL SERIES Model PRO-83BA-CS - Includes 30 Foot Commercial Hosehttps://www.amazon.com/Metro-VACUUM-DRYER-COMMERCIAL-PRO-83BA-CS/dp/B00VTXNTDW

Walmart:
    $360 Metro Vacuum Blo Car Detailling Vacuumhttps://www.walmart.com/ip/Metro-Vacuum-Blo-Car-Detailling-Vacuum/20630426

Home Depot:
    Note the handle, this looks to be a smaller machine:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Metro-Vac-n-Blo-Car-Detailing-Vac-PRO83BA/203583878

It seems like everyone now carries these and some are identical to the one I bought or they have a version of it. Bed bath and beyond, Autogeek and many others are now selling these.

I have found that the 30’ continuos hose has made vacuuming easy because I don’t lug around the machine, I enter one door and can easily reach everything.

Ron @rons23 has been keeping his eye peeled for one so I thought others might like a heads up as well.

SouthBoundSteve and rons23 like this.
  2. Jul 3, 2018 at 7:49 AM
    driverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno pro
    I replaced the bag for the first time and opened the bag to see what got sucked up.

The bag was very full but the vacuum did not cease to have great sucking power. I was pleasantly surprised to see the paper bag is triple lined.
    1F164DFF-6BFB-4027-A2F1-4DD88841D265.jpg
    B42CB74B-F172-43AF-BE4F-BFAFED9C8F1A.jpg
    A144D00E-CEF9-40A9-B835-5D27004CB7BC.jpg

BTBAKER, SouthBoundSteve and Pudge like this.
  3. Jul 3, 2018 at 11:51 AM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Jim@ driverdog I have noticed in my searches that in order to get the 30' continuous hose, you have to go with the commercial vac. I would and will get it vs sectioned hoses. Walmart has the cheapest one so far that I've seen. Thanks for the post:thumbsup:

4. Jul 3, 2018 at 3:12 PM
    driverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno pro
    @rons23,
    That is a very good price and I would jump on it.

Mine came with two extra bags. I am searching for replacement filters to have on hand and discovered that Mine takes a 9” bag. Some people that bought on Amazon found that Amazon’s was much shorter. They said the one from Amazon worked but was smaller, like half the size.

I am probably going to order my replacement filters/bags straight from Metropolitan because they are the only ones who actually list their filters as being “9”.
    I don’t want to be disappointed by getting a 1/2 sized bag as some have said they got (from other sites).

Good luck and I know you’ll use it for many years. Some people have said theirs have lasted 30 years!

rons23 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top