1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Method MR313

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TheBeast, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Feb 27, 2019 at 6:45 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast [OP] The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Flyinryank, cc1999, OR18TRD and 11 others like this.
  2. Feb 27, 2019 at 6:51 PM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
  3. Feb 27, 2019 at 6:53 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast [OP] The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    831Tun likes this.
  4. Feb 27, 2019 at 6:53 PM
    mcchase

mcchase New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chase
    5A95701D-5AF2-4A78-84AB-71FAC2DB3793.jpg Put them on a couple weeks ago

5. Feb 27, 2019 at 6:54 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast [OP] The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I stand corrected. @mcchase being the first Tundra with them ;)

Rica25, Mountun Goat and 831Tun like this.
  6. Feb 27, 2019 at 7:00 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    I've seen a couple, only a couple people with them since they are new to 19. On that 1 wont be the 1st, but wrapping them in some big ass pitbull rockers on a smaller lift with a sso aftermarket bumper without chopping the shit out my bumper ends. That is where I'll be the first.

TheBeast[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  7. Feb 27, 2019 at 7:30 PM
    Samoan Thor

Samoan Thor God is technically an alien

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Limited 2014 crewmax 4X4
    Kings F&R, no sway bars
    Im pretty sure I'm gonna get them in +25 and then powder coat them chrome(if that's possible, or machined color), I like that they're hub centric too and lightweight. 17" FN wheels are light too with +25 offset and hub centric so whichever of those 2 I can get a good deal on I'm gonna get.

dubless and TheBeast[OP] like this.
  8. Feb 27, 2019 at 7:45 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    They come in a titanium color, kinda close to chromeish. If u want a chrome or machined look why not just get a method wheel that comes that way. They have options for that. A big selling point to me was the light weight though so I hear ya there. They also don't have those other big pointy hideous center caps like the older methods. That plus non fake beadlock. For me, the black with my truck, plus with some light they got a grayish tint too. I think with my truck it might just look perfect.

I doubt ur gonna get a deal on these anytime soon. They new for 19 and a guy in the biz told me they expect the cost of all rims to rise getting more expensive as the year goes on.

Here's a closeup.
    20190226_202844.jpg 20190226_202821.jpg20190226_202806.jpg
    20190226_202806.jpg 20190226_202806.jpg

20190219_131023.jpg
    20190219_131018.jpg

9. Feb 27, 2019 at 7:51 PM
    Samoan Thor

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Limited 2014 crewmax 4X4
    Kings F&R, no sway bars
    nice @mgm16trdpro, I hear ya. the 315 comes in machined and hub centric but not as light as the 313's, its just me, I prefer the lighter wheel I'm a performance over looks kinda guy that's why I'm also going with a tire not very many here are using. I was gonna go with the very cheap now method standards which are machined but they are not hub centric which I am very picky about.

10. Feb 27, 2019 at 8:00 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    The roost is very light but only comes in bronze in 17, 18 is black. I made my criteria then searched. Narrowed down to some method, fuel, and icon. Even with all the 17 inch wheels out there, once I made my criteria list the options got real small. I had to have no fake beadlock and still look good, it had to fit my steer kit and brake caliper which I was originally told had to have more negative offset than +12, later found out from a member here that +25 might have worked too in an icon, it had to be hub centric, preferred to be lightweight since even over my 295/70r18, these pitbulls are 10 lbs heavier in a 35x12.5r17. Even with those pretty simple needs the list narrowed very quick. Even just no fake beadlock almost eliminated everything lol. The fact that this wheel fit, I got lucky to find, plus it even came with a few more bonuses for me outside my need list.

Samoan Thor[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Feb 27, 2019 at 8:15 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast [OP] The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    i wish they would come in bronze though. I kinda wanna get away from the whole black rims/black tires on a black truck.

mgm16trdpro and Samoan Thor like this.
  12. Feb 27, 2019 at 8:18 PM
    sdde4n

sdde4n New Member

Member:
    People's Republic of California
    Vehicle:
    2018 CrewMax - Sierra Romeo Cinco
    Leitner Designs ACS
    Agreed, bronze looks so sweet on black, blue, white, or red trucks.

13. Feb 27, 2019 at 8:19 PM
    Samoan Thor

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Limited 2014 crewmax 4X4
    Kings F&R, no sway bars
    @TheBeast yup, black wheels have no contrast with the tires. Bronze or the color I like chrome or machined makes it stand out.

TheBeast[OP] likes this.
  14. Feb 27, 2019 at 8:51 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I hear ya there. I almost made my criteria non black too. Only prob with a mgm truck it limits what goes. Especially with my whole truck mgm, black, and couple red highlights. I considered bronze 305 nv. Only prob for me was it wouldn't go with a single thing on my truck, especially red calipers. Plus I kinda feel like bronze is gonna be the new black, if it ain't already. I do agree though, the colors u mentioned it looks great on. Even looks great on mgm, just not my truck. I really wanted to incorporate some red in my wheel but I felt the all red in the fuel zephyr could be a bit too much over top for my taste, and any rim with red highlights like I wanted didn't come in my size or offset specs. Even thought about having my PC guy do the letters of method in my wheel. But then I had them coated and not sure how they would react with that heat. Still might do down the road, but for now with all the unknowns I didnt want to get any further deep into this than I already am. I think the matte black in these are a bit different than the traditional black. Especially when light hits they got a grey tone to them. I think on my mgm truck these rims might just offer a bit of contrast over getting lost in tire and go perfectly with my color truck. Least I hope, we will see in 1 week.

TheBeast[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  15. Feb 27, 2019 at 9:05 PM
    Tundra9831

Tundra9831 New Member

Member:
    these are some of the better looking / better spec wheels for our trucks in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos...

BajaTurd likes this.
  16. Feb 27, 2019 at 9:55 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    The center caps on these are much better too than the previous year methods imo. That big cylinder center cap that pops out on them I was not a fan of. I mean it wouldn't keep me from buying the rim, but the fact that these have flat circular caps are much better imo. Again, not a dealbreaker, just another added benefit to these wheels on top of all the other much more important factors that these wheels got.

For me, the beastly 10lb heavier Pitbull Rocker ends up being just about a wash by switching to these wheels over the stock trd pro wheels. That's what was probably most important to me. Besides that, there's a whole bunch of other things these rims provide too over the competition.

17. Feb 27, 2019 at 9:55 PM
    roypark

roypark Semi-pro High Fiver

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra
    A little of this and a little of that. Its pretty run of the mill.
    Not the 313’s but I got the 702’s in Bronze. When I was told I needed to run 0 offset for my rear wheels to clear my bypasses, it opened up a lot of options in the Method lineup.

2CB24D2C-E4C3-4C8A-8FA9-8F70A4D137EB.jpg

18. Feb 27, 2019 at 10:04 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    That looks badass, bronze on your color looks great.

19. Feb 28, 2019 at 8:45 AM
    TheBeast

TheBeast [OP] The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    looks great Roy. So they recommend 0 offset to clear rear bypasses ? Then again you far from stock :D

Rica25 likes this.
  20. Sep 22, 2019 at 10:05 AM
    Tundra9831

Tundra9831 New Member

Member:
    anyone else running the Method 313 what to post up photos? I would love to see a Cement running the titanium 313's :)

Mountun Goat likes this.
  21. Sep 22, 2019 at 10:21 AM
    zeekevin

zeekevin New Member

Member:
    I plan to get the black ones for my 2nd gen that I will be repainting cement gray

22. Sep 23, 2019 at 7:08 PM
    Keithbickford

Keithbickford New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cavalry Blue Tundra
    King 2.5” suspension, Method Race 313 wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5x17, TRD exhaust, RCI Skid Plates, Alpine ILX-F309 stereo, Alu-Cab roof top tent on Yakima Overhaul HD, Line-X spray in bed liner, VLED LED reverse light bulbs and VLED LED license plate reverse light. VLED brake/tail light bulbs. VLED third brake light and cargo lights.
    that looks good. What size tire and lift is that? I am going with the same wheels and plan to install 285/70R17 no lift.

Rica25 likes this.
  23. Sep 24, 2019 at 5:28 AM
    mcchase

mcchase New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chase
    315/70/17 on Bilstein 6112 at 1.9”.

equin and Keithbickford like this.
  24. Oct 22, 2019 at 4:04 PM
    j-man

j-man New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CrewMax Limited TRD 4x4
    ...still researching what i want to do...maybe long travel from solo motorsports when they make it....
    Soo are these 0 offset, or 25 offset? Just what ive been wanting - aside from the rock warrior trd ones....

25. Oct 22, 2019 at 4:15 PM
    Highsierraguy

Highsierraguy New Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Please post photos when you’re done, this is my plan as well but very difficult to find photos of what it will look like.

cc1999 likes this.
  26. Oct 22, 2019 at 9:29 PM
    Keithbickford

Keithbickford New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cavalry Blue Tundra
    King 2.5” suspension, Method Race 313 wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5x17, TRD exhaust, RCI Skid Plates, Alpine ILX-F309 stereo, Alu-Cab roof top tent on Yakima Overhaul HD, Line-X spray in bed liner, VLED LED reverse light bulbs and VLED LED license plate reverse light. VLED brake/tail light bulbs. VLED third brake light and cargo lights.
    93C47C93-5612-4EE3-8109-C832924E2040.jpg

TBX916, KWC, COTundra23 and 6 others like this.
  27. Oct 22, 2019 at 9:30 PM
    Keithbickford

Keithbickford New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cavalry Blue Tundra
    4CDCAE41-4B7A-4CFB-B1B2-18F2BA83DA15.jpg

28. Oct 22, 2019 at 10:31 PM
    Highsierraguy

Highsierraguy New Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Thanks! Looks awesome. What load ridge grappler did you go with? How do you like the size/stance?

29. Oct 23, 2019 at 5:00 AM
    Keithbickford

Keithbickford New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cavalry Blue Tundra
    I went with C load. The ride is great. At 32psi, it rides perfect. As you’d expect, at 38psi it starts to firm up. Our roads are bad even though our gas prices are high due to road tax. Figure that out. So, I do all I can to make for a nice ride.

cc1999 likes this.
  30. Oct 23, 2019 at 5:49 AM
    longbedlife

longbedlife New Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCLB
    Looks good. Any rubbing anywhere? I plan on going with a little taller tire (285/75-17) with no lift, but with a more positive offset.

Rica25 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top