1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Make rhino liner black again

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Punisher17, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Aug 19, 2018 at 12:28 PM
    Punisher17

Punisher17 [OP] New Member

Member:
    What is everyone using to make the rhino liner black again? Mine has become faded with dirt and what not. Pressure washing it out doesn't do the trick. Detailing products or household items??

2. Aug 22, 2018 at 5:34 AM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    I'm in the same boat. Rhino Linings sells (or used to sell) a product called Rhino Shine Ultra, which comes in multiple colors as well as clear. I've seen it on eBay, but your local installer might have it for sale. If not, Forever Black makes a product that appears similar.

3. Aug 22, 2018 at 5:47 AM
    NewImprovedRon

NewImprovedRon SouthBoundSteve Fan Club President

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    Take a look at Amazon for "bed liner rejuvenator". You will find a number of products available. I'm still using the bottle that came with my truck when I bought it. Your Toyota dealership may carry it...

20180814_103555.jpg

Pudge likes this.
  4. Aug 22, 2018 at 6:54 AM
    OBXTundra

OBXTundra Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra, 5.7, 4x4, TRD
    JBA UCA's, Eibach/Toytec Coilovers, AAL.
    I have a spray on liner in the bed and down the sides of the truck below the body line, maybe bottom 8" of truck from bumper-to-bumper. I spray the bed with simple green, pressure wash it, and leave it alone, I don't want it slick. For the sides of the truck I use Black Magic tire shine. It makes the black liner look amazing. It stays very shiny for a few weeks and then still remains dark black for 2-3 months. When it looks grey/dirty again I just pressure wash it and reapply the tire shine. To keep overspray off the truck I cut a piece of cardboard to follow along the edge. I do this prior to spray waxing the truck anyway.
    tire.jpg

5. Aug 22, 2018 at 7:14 AM
    BuckWallace

BuckWallace Ball don't lie.

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement CM Limited TRD Off-Road
    Spray it with Line-X :D

OBXTundra likes this.
  6. Aug 22, 2018 at 7:57 PM
    Punisher17

Punisher17 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I ended up ordering this on Amazon. I forgot about the getting slick part which I wouldn't prefer but it doesn't really matter since I drive my work vehicle every day and only drive my tundra 1 to 3 times a week! Lol20180822_195502.jpg

7. Aug 23, 2018 at 7:57 AM
    NewImprovedRon

NewImprovedRon SouthBoundSteve Fan Club President

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    I use 303 on my truck interior but not on the outside plastic/rubber. In my opinion the 303 doesn't last very long on exterior surfaces. Tyre Addict is my go-to on exterior surfaces. The spray that my truck came with has been on a couple of years and I haven't had to re-do my spray-in bed liner yet.

Punisher17 [OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top