1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maintenance Required Visit Dealer

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by gdisarray, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Jun 16, 2019 at 11:48 AM
    gdisarray

gdisarray [OP] Short term member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    MGM SR5 TSS
    Is there something really wrong or is it just a nag for my first 5k service? Says it on the hud every time I start it. A push of the back button gets rid of it. Was planning on doing 5k end of the week or next. Don't want to wait if something is really wrong.

2. Jun 16, 2019 at 12:04 PM
    Max Power

Max Power Groovy Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 TRD Off Road
    TRD Dual Exhaust TRD Rear Sway Bar
    It's normal, the truck does it every 5,000 miles to remind you to get it serviced.

gdisarray[OP] likes this.
  3. Jun 16, 2019 at 12:04 PM
    Larmand

Larmand SSEM #6

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 SLIGHTLY MODIFIED SR5 TRD CM 4x4-CEMENT
    Yes its a basic 5k maintenance reminder. It starts doing it upon startup once you get within 500 miles of 5k interval

gdisarray[OP] likes this.
  4. Jun 16, 2019 at 12:11 PM
    gdisarray

gdisarray [OP] Short term member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    MGM SR5 TSS
    What does it show when something is really wrong? I don't see a check engine light.

5. Jun 16, 2019 at 9:29 PM
    Paul B

Paul B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue Tundra TRD Offroad
    How do I get this reminder to go away without taking it to the dealer? I'm at 6000 miles and will get the oil changed at 10,000.

6. Jun 16, 2019 at 9:35 PM
    Opus5150

Opus5150 Terminal Lance

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Live Free or Die
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    How to Reset Maint. Required Light on a Toyota Tundra
    1. Turn your key to the "On" notch, and press your trip odometer knob until "Trip A" is displayed.
    2. Turn your key to the "Off" notch. Press and hold the trip odometer knob. ...
    3. Wait for the system to reset. ...
    4. Release the trip odometer knob when "Trip A" is displayed again.

Wutachampion and Paul B like this.
  7. Jun 16, 2019 at 9:36 PM
    Paul B

Paul B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue Tundra TRD Offroad
    Awesome! Ill try it after my shift today. Thank you.

8. Jun 16, 2019 at 9:42 PM
    Tundyfundy

Tundyfundy Petunia The Tundra, and her sidekick Colbie

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic Grey DC SR5 4x4 2016
    SUSPENSION: Bilstein 6112 coilover (1.9") w/ Powder Coated Springs and Spring Perch (TRD Red), JBA Upper Control Arms, Bilstein 5160's w/Billet Aluminium Reservoir Brackets, +2 Coachbuilder Shackles, Diff Drop Kit, Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, Brakeline Extensions, ABS Extension, Poly Bushings for Leafs, Coachbuilder Shims (2 Each Side), Coachbuilder Bumpstop Extensions, TRD Rear Sway Bar, TRD Front Sway Bar, Air Lift 5000 airbags w jounce bumpers, Daystar Airbag Cradles WHEELS AND TIRES: BF Goodrich KO2's 275/70/r18, BORA wheel spacers 1.25", TRD Wheel Caps,TRD Valve Stem Caps, Spare Tire Lock PERFORMANCE: Bullydog GT Tuner(Performance Tune), TRD Intake, TRD Dual Exhaust (with Modified Exhaust Hangers for Levelling Tail Pipe),TRD Brake Pads, TRD Oil Cap (US), TRD Radiator Cap, TRD Oil Filter, Optima Yellow Top Battery,GP Battery Distribution Blocks, StopTech Slotted Cryo Treated Rotors, Goodridge G-Stop Steel Braided Brake Line Kit PROTECTION: PNP Engineering Type 4 Rock Sliders (With Full Dimple Plate) ,ADD Stealth Fighter Rear Bumper w Red/Blk Shackles and Custom Stomp Pad, TRD Skid Plate with ReadyLift Spacer Kit, Victory 4x4 LCA Skid Plates, JOMAX ABS Sensor Armor, Rear Diff Breather Mod, ARK splash guards INTERIOR: Husky Liners X-Act (Front and Full Coverage Rear and Front Weather Beater Trans Hump), Interior LED Bulbs, WheelSkins Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover(EuroPerf), Clazzio Genuine Leather Seat Covers(BLK/DRK GRYwith custom stitching and embroidered headrests), Clazzio Seat Heaters (Front and Rear), Entune Startup Screen MOD, Entune Off Screen Mod, Tinted Windows with Windshield Visor, AJT Key Fobs,Eagle Claws Floor Mat Clips, Bodyglove Visor Organizer,Custom Door Cup Inserts, Glass Break Sensor,AJT Radio Knobs, Custom Dior Cup Inserts EXTERIOR: Full Debadge, LED Brake Light Bulbs, LED Rear Turns, LED Reverse, LED Plate Lights, LED Cargo Lights, LED Third Brake Lights, LED Front Marker Lights, LED Fog Light Bulbs, Lamin-X Fog Light Covers (Amber),2018 OEM LED Headlights, iHacker harness, VLED Universal Puddle Lights, VLED Interior Footwell Lighting (Front and Rear),VLED Extreme Amber Fornt Turns, NSV Knight Rider Light bar, Baja Designs Sport Squadron Pods in Rear Bumper (Driving/wide), Painted Red Tow-hooks, Bed Rail System, Blind Spot Mirrors, Hitch-safe, Tail-gate lock, EAG Raptor Grille, Custom Grille Badge,Full Vinyl Wrap (Matte Black/Matte Pine Green Mettalic), Charvonia Designs Tie Bed Tie-Downs, Bull Ring Bed Rail Anchors, Line-X, Tundra Bed Mat, Bakflip F1 Bed Cover SOUND: Noico 80Mil Sound Deadening and Noico 170 Mil Thermal Insulation (All 4 Doors, Roof, Floors, Rear Panel, Dash). Hertz Uno K170's Component Speakers (Front Doors with Upgraded Sail Panels), Hertz Uno K170 Coaxial Speakers (Rear Doors), JBL C1-075ct Tweeters (Total 4) in Side Dash and Center Speaker, JBL Stadium 5 Amp w/Remote Bass Adjustment Knob and Amp Rack, 12" Infinity Reference Subwoofer in Custom Enclosure w/ “TUNDRA” Logo, Fast Rings Foam Speaker Rings System(4 Doors), Fix 86 DSP
    What I do is enter the info into the "Maintenance" app on entune. You can set your intervals for all aspects such as oil change and tire rotation and alot more. Since I do an oil change every 10,000 due to synthetic oil I set the oil change reminder for 10,000 and it overrides the default 5000 mile reminder. Its super convenient, You can even make an apt through the app if you store the dealer number.

9. Jun 16, 2019 at 10:17 PM
    Black@Blue19

Black@Blue19 Old Salt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    21 SR5 TSS Onroad, 24 Camaro 2SS 6.2 L
    To much to list:)
    Is it new? If so you might want to follow that close and do your two year thingy. Rotate every 5K and oil changes at 10k. That way nothing can be said about warranty. You have done your part.

10. Jun 20, 2019 at 3:29 PM
    cornwall325

cornwall325 Work in Progress

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Offroad Limited Crewmax
    Have any of you had issues with changing your own oil as far as the dealer is concerned? About to trip 5K and I would just feel better changing myself. I just need to round up all the tools and materials.

11. Jun 28, 2019 at 2:30 PM
    PNW-Tundra

PNW-Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2017 Crew Max SR5 TRD
    Just FYI, at the end of item 2, it should say that you need to turn the key back to the “On” position while you are holding the knob down.

12. Feb 1, 2022 at 8:37 AM
    AggiePhil

AggiePhil Texas Chapter President

Member:
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2020 Smoked Mesquite Platinum 4x4
    This did not work.

13. Feb 1, 2022 at 8:47 AM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    Are you needing help resetting yours?

14. Feb 1, 2022 at 9:00 AM
    AggiePhil

AggiePhil Texas Chapter President

Member:
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2020 Smoked Mesquite Platinum 4x4
    I was but I figured it out. Tab over to the Settings menu in your gauge cluster, then down to Vehicle Settings, then down to Maintenance Reset.

PanamaJack and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Feb 1, 2022 at 9:10 AM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    :thumbsup:. I was going to go screenshot the menu for you.

AggiePhil[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top