1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Low tire pressure alert

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Rattlesnake, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Nov 7, 2019 at 8:56 AM
    Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake [OP] New Member

Member:
    wet cold day today in Ok of course when wife needs the Pro cuz her Suby OB is in the shop..and naturally the tire pressure alert goes off....had her run it into the pit (garage) where I can run out the air hose , etc. and did I mention it is miserable out today...I xc back country skied at over 10,000 ft and sub zero and not felt as cold as mid 30's N wind and drizzling rain in OK.

but any way does any one know what the trigger point is on this alert...I had 3-31's and 1-32+ on the pressure checks, whiskey tango foxtrot I put 33+ in each..alert went off when she left...

might be the wrong question, am I running the tires at high enough pressure?

2. Nov 7, 2019 at 9:21 AM
    easleycrawler

easleycrawler TOYOTA ADDICT- SSEM #78

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Easley, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    17 Tundra SR5 DC Black 5.7
    I've got stock wheels and tires, trd off-road wheels and the shitty stock tires. I've got 38 in the front and 36 in the rear. No low air pressure light on. Try that.

3. Nov 7, 2019 at 9:37 AM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    When we got into the sub zero temps a couple weeks ago my low pressure alert went off. It just got cold enough that the pressure dropped in it. Once I drove a little and the tires warmed up the alert went away. I wouldn't panic on cold days.

4. Nov 7, 2019 at 10:02 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun MGM XP-Series

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota Florida
    Vehicle:
    2022 MGM XP-Series CrewMax 4x4
    The trigger for the light is not set at a specific pressure that is the same for all trucks. There is a button under the steering column where you can reset it at whatever your current pressure is. When I bought my truck the OEM tires were at 28 psi and no lights were on. My current tires run at 39 so I had to reset it to that pressure.

classiccat and 15whtrd like this.
  5. Nov 7, 2019 at 10:09 AM
    Scuba

Scuba Sober member

Member:
    Austin, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Texas Edition CM.
    Which tires come on the pro and what does the door placard call for as the minimum cold tire air pressure?

The light will come on when the tires are 25% higher or lower than the door placard.

I would not use the tire pressure reset button unless you have changed tires from the OE tires and you require a completely different pressure than OEM.

6. Jan 7, 2020 at 10:47 AM
    Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Pro - black
    Linex, Weathertec mats front/rear, TRD air filter, Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/70 (34.5"), red bed stamp and tailgate inserts.
    2019 Pro call for 30 front, 33 rear per the tpms sensor reading- that can vary from whatever guage you're using to fill. All prior comments are correct with regard to resetting the system with the button. You can use load inflation tables to determine what your stock tire / placard pressure combo equaled in lbs of load, then index that to your new tire size/type to determine what pressure you have to run in order to at least maintain the same load capacity. If you are interested I can provide a more detailed explanation/ example.

7. Jan 8, 2020 at 6:57 PM
    Scuba

Scuba Sober member

Member:
    Austin, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Texas Edition CM.
    I wrote an entire thread on that. It’s stickied in the wheel/ tire sub section.

8. Feb 6, 2020 at 8:06 PM
    Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Pro - black
    Linex, Weathertec mats front/rear, TRD air filter, Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/70 (34.5"), red bed stamp and tailgate inserts.
    I found that sticky and made an addition/ recommendation/ observation

Products Discussed in

To Top