1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Locked out... Wtf...?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Twinky, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Aug 14, 2018 at 12:34 AM
    Twinky

Twinky [OP] Keep the shinny side up!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Kemah, Texas chillin on my ChrisCraft 480
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab work horse
    Stereo upgrades: -HU, Pioneer Mvh bs501 -Tweeters, Peerless(vifa) XT25SC90-04 1" Dual Ring Radiator s in custom pods. -Mids, Silver Flute W17RC38-04 6.5" Wool Cone Woofer. -Subwoofer, American Bass XR12. 2.3^3ft tuned @33-34 hz. -Tw Amp, Old School 2ch Sony. -Mids Amp, Old School Autotek Sx275. -Sub Amp, Old School Memphis 16-pr1.1000 -Zero gauge big 3. 0 and 4 gauge copper runs to amps.
    I actually just typed up quite an amusing chronicle highlighting my epic adventure of great magnitudes. Even i was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what was going to happen next.... But i accidently hit the back button and all was lost.

Exciting story short...
    -Battery was reading on the low side.
    -A few terminals had some corrosion building up.
    - unhooked bat, manually locked all doors, closed hood, then hauled it out to the boat to charge it.

- Headed back to the parking lot to clean terminals.
    -have my keys in hand.
    -insert key into the keyhole.

o_O?
    -Key no turn in key hole?
    -giggle..giggle...jiggle?
    -the jiggle was ineffective.

Wtf?

I have an 07, so yeah i get that the key might have worn a bit but i never had an issue at all with the ignition.

To sum it up... Can i manually pop the hood somehow so i can hook my battery back up and use my fob?

Im not asking for a method of breaking into a tundra. That is definitely some "red flag" stuff there. And honestly i can probably do that myself in the morning. But im pretty ocd about things like this.

2. Aug 14, 2018 at 12:44 AM
    nk1794

nk1794 Always torque to spec

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 1794
    SnugTop, TRD Catback, DECKed Storage, TRD Sway Bar, ESP Under Seat Storage, Blackvue DR750S-2CH Dashcam
    I would call roadside service like AAA to get the door open to allow you to pop the hood.

3. Aug 14, 2018 at 12:49 AM
    nk1794

nk1794 Always torque to spec

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 1794
    SnugTop, TRD Catback, DECKed Storage, TRD Sway Bar, ESP Under Seat Storage, Blackvue DR750S-2CH Dashcam
    Have you tried spraying some WD40 into the keyhole to see if that make any difference? It might needed some lubricantion for the key to turn.

4. Aug 14, 2018 at 1:30 AM
    Twinky

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab work horse
    Stereo upgrades: -HU, Pioneer Mvh bs501 -Tweeters, Peerless(vifa) XT25SC90-04 1" Dual Ring Radiator s in custom pods. -Mids, Silver Flute W17RC38-04 6.5" Wool Cone Woofer. -Subwoofer, American Bass XR12. 2.3^3ft tuned @33-34 hz. -Tw Amp, Old School 2ch Sony. -Mids Amp, Old School Autotek Sx275. -Sub Amp, Old School Memphis 16-pr1.1000 -Zero gauge big 3. 0 and 4 gauge copper runs to amps.
    I think i got an easy solution (im hard headed about calling for road side assistance).

Im going to run a power and negative from my battery to the starter or alternator. Other than the skid plate its relatively easy. Just have to wait till morning.

Appreciate your help and advice. I did
    forget about using some graphite in the lock. That would be sweet if it works.

nk1794 likes this.
  5. Aug 14, 2018 at 12:09 PM
    Twinky

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab work horse
    Just cause you never know....
    So if a fellow tundra owner ever happens to find themselves in my exact predicament (astronomical i know), then fear naught!

For a mere $19.99..... Or $0 if you're a tundras.com member, just follow this step by step in-depth tutorial.

Needed materials:
    -absence of car battery.
    -broken off key in the only exterior door lock.
    -noisy neighbors.
    -a bird nest of electrical wiring of random lengths and gauge.
    -One hot chick with low self esteem
    -located missing car battery
    -Old Timer pocket knife
    -Your Fob.
    -And the ability to not look like the idiot who found a new way to get locked out of their truck.

Firstly, over dramatize the intellectual and mechanical gift from god you posses while reminding the hot chick that you're single, and if she played her cards right you might consider letting her treat you to a night out on the town.

When hot chick finally returns with your Bud lite and lemon wedge, carefully maneuver yourself down to one knee at the front of the drivers side wheel well.

Approximate the battery's home inside engine bay.

With pocket knife set for the smaller blade poke at the small flimsy peice of plastic that has 7 plastic rivet locations.

Remove the only 3 that the last guy remembered to replace.

Look up and grab the positive terminal.

Use roughly 7-12 random lengths of wire until you have about 24 inches in total.

Repeat. Cut longer ones into short ones if needed.

Place battery under truck as close as possible in path to the positive terminal.

Twisty tie knot one end to terminal. Have hot chick hold the other end to the batteries postive lug. Apply firm pressure with thumb.

Using the second wire have the hot chick firmly apply pressure to clean...ish place on the frame.

Put pocket knife away. Obtain fob in left hand. In right hand grab the last loose wire end.

Tell hot chick how much you envy her, cause she might have the privilege to die next to someone as amazing as yourself.

Count down 3...2...1....

Make contact to negative battery lug and press "unlock" immediately.

Open eyes and say to hot chick. "Ill get the door. Let me know when you got that battery back in."

And thats how babies are made and future child support court hearings.

6. Aug 14, 2018 at 1:50 PM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    Twinky...You just made my day! Thank you!

7. Aug 14, 2018 at 4:33 PM
    Twinky

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab work horse
    Right on, and i applaud you for having the ability to suffer through that read!

8. Aug 14, 2018 at 6:05 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Haha that was awesome. Well worth the read

9. Aug 15, 2018 at 3:42 AM
    Twinky

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab work horse
    Thank you!

Products Discussed in

To Top