1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Locked OUT after battery drain

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Rons66, May 11, 2016.

1. May 11, 2016 at 1:47 PM
    Rons66

Rons66 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Polished and waxed the Tundra and left in the garage for several days. When I went to get in,the door unlock via the fob did not work!
    Opened the door with the key and placed the key in the ignition switch and attempted to start the truck. No response, Dead battery - The overhead light had been left On. Released the hood and closed the door.
    Opened the hood and connected the battery charger On Start Cycle. Seconds later, the alarm sounded and the lights flashed. When I tried to open the door to reset the alarm, it was Locked- With the key in the ignition!
    Lights flashed and alarm sounded for several minutes,then stopped- Doors remained locked with the key in the ignition.
    Had to use another key to get in.
    Never thought you could lock thedoorswiththekey in the switch!

2. May 11, 2016 at 2:20 PM
    Sean266

Sean266 #ThinBlueLine Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Welcome!
    What year Tundra is this?

3. May 11, 2016 at 2:32 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L Gas
    20% ceramic tinted windows, charcoal filter delete, weather tech floor mats, rear seat fold down mod, Tyger soft tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate actuator. Lots of love.
    Yeah I found out that if you leave the domelight on the alarm sounds every 10 or 15 minutes constantly. Instead of just the light shutting itself down after a period of time it would rather your alarm go off and piss everybody else off and drain your battery in the process.
    But I guess I'll take that over your situation. Quite a few of my previous vehicles the domelight would just shut itself off after a while.

4. May 11, 2016 at 2:52 PM
    Ryan Mc.

Ryan Mc. New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 5.7L
    Hand made bed divider, bed d-rings
    I accidentally hit my dome light the first night I brought it home. Alarm kept sounding every 10-15 min. It took me standing outside watching the truck for 30 minutes to figure it out. I almost thought someone kept hitting the truck (jealousy) and was running off before I could see. But Id rather it sound and wake me up/keep me wondering than to wake up with a paperweight sitting in my garage. Id say good call Toyota with that feature!! ;)

5. May 11, 2016 at 3:09 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra Adrenaline Addict

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14' Black TRD CM
    TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) TRD Pro Grill BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox Dipped wheels & bumpers Undercover Swingcase SunTek Paint Protection film Yellow Lamin-X Fog Overlays Tint Bedmat
    I didn't know about the dome light/alarm thing. I need to try it because I'm curious ("like a cat, that's why they call me whiskers")...

6. May 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM
    Ryan Mc.

Ryan Mc. New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 5.7L
    Hand made bed divider, bed d-rings
    Just beware of curiosity.....it killed the....

MotoTundra likes this.
  7. May 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L Gas
    20% ceramic tinted windows, charcoal filter delete, weather tech floor mats, rear seat fold down mod, Tyger soft tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate actuator. Lots of love.
    Yeah I didn't figure it out until the next day. I got so frustrated with it the first time it happened that I just unpluged the battery. I started thinking it was a hood sensor that went bad so I unplugged that to no avail. Well the next morning I found that my dome light was on. Had it happen a second time where I must've bumped the domelight on, went to school and almost 3 hours later I come out to find my truck alarm going off. It must've done it constantly while I was in there just slowly draining the battery. And I know how punk kids can be. An alarm is almost like an attractant to F with the vehicle.

Personally I think it's a ridiculous feature it should just timeout!

MotoTundra likes this.
  8. May 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM
    Sean266

Member:
    Colorado
    I discovered something the other week. I turned off the truck and removed the key from the ignition but it gave me a quick one beep tone...I couldn't figure it out..started checking the truck...I didn't close the sun roof all the way..it does this for all windows.

RowdyRon and MotoTundra like this.
  9. May 12, 2016 at 3:04 PM
    Rons66

Rons66 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Tundra is a 2008.
    I have had dead battery's before, but nothing like this.

10. May 13, 2016 at 8:35 AM
    RowdyRon

RowdyRon Not too old to play

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    Hmmmmm, I have turned my truck off after cracking my windows to prevent heat build up in the truck and have never had mine beep at me that I recall. I wonder if this is only for sun roof equipped trucks?

11. May 13, 2016 at 11:02 AM
    alalmcgrath

alalmcgrath New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Boulder Creek Ca
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4.6L
    ^^^^^^^^
    Ditto on my 2011!

12. May 13, 2016 at 12:54 PM
    Sean266

Member:
    Colorado
    Could be a feature of the "limited" and up models.

13. May 13, 2016 at 2:40 PM
    RowdyRon

RowdyRon Not too old to play

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    That could 'splain it.

14. May 14, 2016 at 5:14 AM
    MT Madman

MT Madman Seasoned Citizen

Member:
    Hawk Point MO
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM Tundra Limited 4x4 CM Off Road
    Kenwood TM-V708 Westin Step Bars Line X Bedliner ReTrax Pro MX Tonnaeu Cover OEM Tundra Door Sill Protectors
    Happened to me with a '08 Suburban in the middle of winter in Montana, yeah it was flippin' cold out, it has something to do with the security system getting a sudden jolt of good ole 13.8 VDC. Had to call a guy to come out and let me in and from that point forward when I leave the truck running I'll either not close the door or leave the window down.

RowdyRon likes this.
To Top