1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Linex review and precautions

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by 15whtrd, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Apr 30, 2016 at 11:23 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    First off I did not make this thread to bash Linex or it's installer.

I got my Linex done a couple months ago and it's holding up great and I have beat it up pretty good. my installer was a great guy and gave me a deal since I paid cash. I will keep that private as to not raise any flags for this guy. Everything is been fine except for the last month I have noticed it weird noise coming from the rear end of my truck when I back out of the driveway or hit a dip at an articulated angle. This creaking has been driving me nuts and I've been looking all over for it. It got more predominant after a little off-road excursion a few weeks ago. Well it finally occurred to me to check my bed bolts because I remember they were removed to Linex and then reinstalled. I checked them and a few of them were only finger tight. Tightened them and the noise has gone away. No I did not witness them install the bolts but I'm fairly positive they were tight. These guys are not idiots and they do this all the time. I think the Linex must have shrank or compressed. Or the bolts just backed themselves out. I'm going to remove and Loctite them and reinstall.

I called the shop and notified him of this. Not to complain but just to make him aware of what happened so that it doesn't happen again in the future to anybody else. That's why I making this thread so that all of you are aware yourselves.

And from what I found I think the bed bolt torque is 62 Ft/lbs?

Ancient1 likes this.
  2. Apr 30, 2016 at 12:06 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    So, it was just a matter of bolts being loose, but nothing wrong with the product or install....and a simple fix.

15whtrd[OP] likes this.
  3. Apr 30, 2016 at 12:39 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Yeah I guess product review is a stretch. More of a heads up on checking your bed bolts after you've had this applied. Maybe I should have made the title of the thread "Heads up after line-X install"

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  4. Apr 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Although the peace of mind that the product give you of the protection it provides was worth it. All-around it feels like less of a tin can back there ha ha Ha

Products Discussed in

To Top