1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Limp home mode

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Thattundradude, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Mar 21, 2019 at 12:06 PM
    Thattundradude

Thattundradude [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Platinum Tundra
    Lifted
    Hi all, I am getting a code P2127 on my tundra. It says it's for the throttle position, or pedal position. It was working fine when I backed out the garage. The only thing I've done was disconnected the pedal cable when I was installing my camera maybe that caused it. I've tried to reset it and it comes back after pressing on the throttle

2. Mar 21, 2019 at 12:17 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Whatever you disconnected maybe pulled on the pins on the wire too much. Double check those.

3. Mar 21, 2019 at 12:23 PM
    Thattundradude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Platinum Tundra
    Lifted
    The pins for the pedal sensor?

4. Mar 21, 2019 at 12:26 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Disconnected the wiring to the pedal right? Or did you just unbolt the pedal and move it out-of-the-way? Either way maybe tugged on the connection too much.

This is not exactly the same thing, but my wife’s XB had an airbag light go on. Long story short the combination of me installing seat covers and her keeping crap under her seat caused a bad connection on one of the wiring connectors. The dealer fixed it for me for free but said next time they won’t warranty it because we have seat covers. LOL stupid. Basically because we have anything near the wiring connectors it voids warranty. Laughable. Anyways I had it happen to me again and fixed it by just making sure all of my connectors were snapped together properly, as well as pushing on the wires in the back of the connectors to make sure the pins were seated properly.

5. Mar 21, 2019 at 12:33 PM
    Thattundradude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Platinum Tundra
    Lifted
    I didn't unbolt the pedal, the wire is as tight as it can be. I have access to techstream I'll see if I can find anything on there tonight

6. Mar 21, 2019 at 1:04 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    OK. In your first post you said you disconnected the pedal cable.

7. Mar 21, 2019 at 2:11 PM
    Thattundradude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Platinum Tundra
    Lifted
    I disconnected the plug on top of the pedal in order to take the camera wire behind it

8. Mar 21, 2019 at 2:11 PM
    Thattundradude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Platinum Tundra
    Lifted
    Yep, did nothing. Tried both terminals as well

9. Mar 21, 2019 at 2:47 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    That’s the part I’m talking about. If those wires get tugged on to hard the pins can pull out of the actual plug itself. Maybe you need to disconnect and reconfirm all the pins are properly placed.

equin and Taco-Blender like this.
  10. Mar 21, 2019 at 3:05 PM
    Thattundradude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Platinum Tundra
    Lifted
    I'll check that out hopefully that didn't happen

15whtrd[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Mar 21, 2019 at 6:49 PM
    johnvan

johnvan OG

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    Rensselaer,New York
    Vehicle:
    2016 inferno SR5 DC
    Did you have the engine shut off when you reset it? This happened the other day to a friend of mine when the fuse blew. He reset it with the engine running and no go, he shut engine off and reset it, good to go.

good luck, john

12. Mar 21, 2019 at 7:43 PM
    GiantsFanDan

GiantsFanDan New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2014 Silver Sky Tundra Ltd TRD OffRoad Dbl Cab
    Did you unplug the cable with your battery still connected? That may have caused the problem. Wonder if there is some type of "learning" that needs to happen to the pedal with the techstream so the computer knows what position the pedal is in?

13. Mar 21, 2019 at 7:46 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Or maybe he blew a fuse.

OR18TRD and NewImprovedRon like this.
  14. Mar 21, 2019 at 8:35 PM
    Thattundradude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Platinum Tundra
    Lifted
    Yep did exactly that

15. Mar 21, 2019 at 8:36 PM
    Thattundradude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Platinum Tundra
    Lifted
    Yeah it just comes right back

16. Mar 21, 2019 at 9:15 PM
    Thattundradude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Platinum Tundra
    Lifted
    Also tried zero point calibration. That just caused the abs, traction and brake light to come on

Products Discussed in

To Top