1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift options

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by maximepilote42, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Apr 16, 2019 at 5:14 AM
    maximepilote42

maximepilote42 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 All black Tundra SR5 Sx
    Hello guys, i’m new here and I’m looking forward to have great discussions on this forum !

As my first post , I would like to ask you about lifting options and where I’m standing so far on my researches...

First of all , I must say that my new tundra 2019 is my second tundra (I had before a 2012 tundra) and I really liked it!
    The 2012 that I had, I installed a rough country leveling kit on it, it looked great but it kinda hardened the suspension too much, it wasn’t so fun and comfortable to drive

That’s where I bring my new truck in the subject ! I don’t want to do the same mistake ... So, I looked at other options... I must say that I want to lift approximatively 2,5 to 3 inches in front and 1 to 1,5 inches for the back...

My budget is about 1200$ cdn

1-Toytec Bilstein 5100 lift kit with coilovers
    That was the kit I wanted , it was listed about 1200$ but it was in US dollars and I’m canadian so when I went to checkout, with the conversion, the shipping and the duties: the price was more than the double !

2-Toytec Eiback 3’’
    Another great optiom that I’ve seen and cheaper a little bit but again with US to Cdn , shipping, duties ... it went from 865$ To 1900$ at checkout

3-Rancho quick lift
    This third option lifts about 2,25’’ and I kinda like the adjustable valving system.
    Its cheaper (650$ cdn) but it’s only coilovers for the front and its not a lif kit with differential drop included and all like the other kits
    Is the rancho quicklift a good choice anyways ? I could look for differential drop kits and rear lift (blocks and Ubolts) appart ...

Here’s the link for the rancho quick lift : http://www.gorancho.com/products/leveling-systems/quicklift-loaded-leveling-system/

I look forward to have your opinions and maybe other options to !! Thank you in advance :)

2. Apr 16, 2019 at 6:37 AM
    Berdine

Berdine Voodoo Sport

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    2020 VooDoo Blue Trd Sport
  3. Apr 16, 2019 at 6:41 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
  4. Apr 16, 2019 at 9:00 AM
    maximepilote42

maximepilote42 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 All black Tundra SR5 Sx
    Thank you berdine ! It would’ve been a great deal but this kit is out of stock at the moment and they won’t ship to canada

5. Apr 16, 2019 at 9:16 AM
    NoRcptn

NoRcptn Better than mediocre poster

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 Platinum
    GFC, Dobinsons IMS, RW's 285/75/17
    Hmmm. I'd have to research more on the newer models, but on my 04 Tundra DBl Cab I purchased the Rancho's from Rock Auto (full strut assembly ) which made install a breeze. I then purchased an Add-a leaf from Toytec. I think I spent just under 600.00 total as Rock Auto had some coupon or deal. Right now each side is 155.00, however it says fits, except for Crewmax?
    Now, that being said, I had 5100's on my Tacoma. The Rancho's were a lot softer smoother ride. But that was two different trucks, so YMMV. You can purchase diff drop from a variety of places around 30.00.

6. Apr 16, 2019 at 9:23 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Ditto on ToyTec Lifts. Call them.....tell them you are a forum member.......tell them where you live....:canada:.........tell them what you want to do. Easy peasy .

7. Oct 21, 2019 at 1:30 AM
    Jrocker

Jrocker New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Crewmax
    Need
    I got the rancho quick lift coil overs (RS999919, RS999920) and rear shocks (RS999324)
    Clearly an upgrade from the TRD off road bilstein set up and you can order individually on Amazon for less than $600

parker44 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top