1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED light strip

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by mopar, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Aug 16, 2020 at 9:10 PM
    mopar

mopar [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    ME
    Vehicle:
    '10 White Tundra
    Bilstein 5100's on highest setting on front, 2" blocks on rear, info center mod, NFab nerf bars, TPMS override
    So I installed a pair of these led's that were freebies between tailgate and bumper and just wasnt what I was hoping for put the in the bed of truck, with tonneau cover it lit up the bed like an xmas tree. Granted the white paint helped I'm sure. I didnt expect much as they're only 10w's.

I've read most of the posts on the opt7 and similar led bars guys are using, but didnt see any night pics of the reverse light so I dont know if they helped or not. I want to stay with an led strip in the space between bumper and tailgate. If I get something like the opt7 I will only be hooking up the reverse side anyways. I have some 40watt flush mounts to install but I dont want to use them constantly for reverse as I think they'll just be to bright.

So, does anybody have comments of the opt7 and similar led strips while in reverse? Any other options for a light strip? I dont care if I have to wire 3 or for 4 strips as long as I get the light output I want.

Thanks.
    Screenshot_20200816-235116_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top