1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just another satisfied Tech12Volts customer

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Shamrock92, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Jul 14, 2021 at 12:15 PM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 [OP] New Member

Member:
    So let me preface this review with the following:

I bought the hype from this forum and felt the JBL system on my Pro would be the worst system imaginable - worse than the 2 speaker AM only radio on my Dodge D100 bad. I ordered the Infinity/Hertz upgrade pack with dual sub box thinking I NEEDED it. Then the truck comes and honestly - it was “ok” Definitely better than my work Ford Edge - not as nice as the wife’s system or on other Premium SUV systems out there - but not the worst truck system from the factory either (and definitely better than the old Dodge).

So I debated - I could live with it, or install the system and hope I got a noticeable improvement. Ultimately- I went ahead and had someone install for me to save my free time/frustration - sometimes it’s just worth $500 to me to not give up a weekend to do a project and to enjoy the break.

I opted to add sound deadening and upgrade to the dual 10” subs. Overall I am very pleased with the results. I am not a high end audiophile - and the JBL was ok for certain genres I listen to (country) - rock (60-90s) it was but seemed a bit lacking. Playing with the settings and turning off the auto balance helped some - but yea, it needed a bit of help.

Talking with the installer - he seemed impressed with the components and agreed they were good quality and appropriate for the level of what I was wanting to accomplish and price point. He thought the front speakers were a little bright - but overall felt it was a very solid everyday user system.

My initial take - the sound is noticeably clearer/crisper. As good as the JBL was - this was better. Playing Zeppelin II and Physical Graffiti - I noticed a marked improvement. On some older country it was less noticeable - haven’t had a chance to through in some 90s stuff yet - but I have no doubt there will be a similar improvement.

What it ISNT is louder at least noticeably to me with volume turned to 20-25. Maybe as you keep rolling the knob it will boost where the JBL stopped - but I have no desire to subject the neighbors to my music. As long as I can hear clearly over road noise and exhaust notes - good enough for me.

Well worth the cost and glad I upgraded. Now when I wind up getting a 2022 - hopefully I don’t need to move all this stuff over and Toyota will get the radio right - but if they don’t I’m happy to move this one over.

81 TOY likes this.
To Top