1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Issues with led drl swapover

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by RMouthe, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Mar 15, 2022 at 11:00 AM
    RMouthe

RMouthe [OP] New Member

Member:
    I installed 2018-20 trd pro headlights using the headlight revolution harness in my 17 crewmax sr5 non drl. They work fine however when I was swapping my rear tailights I noticed the bulb for the tailight was glowing in the element ever so slight. Tested and have 5 volts only when the truck is running. When truck is on key all way but not running no issues. Through exhaustive troubleshooting, Found that if I pull the fuse for the front amber running lights the problem with the element glowing is gone. The same that has the connector where they have you swap the pins. Headlight Revolution is stumped and nobody there really understands the circuit.......sending me new harness but I don't think that's it......truck does all sorts of weird stuff if I pull the tailight bulb when running, the dash hvac lights come on when not supposed to for no reason and blink with blinker on etc......any help would be greatly appreciated

2. May 12, 2022 at 5:48 AM
    tjcarey

tjcarey New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 super white crewmax
    I just did the same LED conversion with headlight revolution harness and am experiencing the same issues. I haven’t spoken to headlight revolution yet but was wondering if you found a solution

3. May 12, 2022 at 10:06 AM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    Maybe switch to the Ihacker harness. I did the same swap to Pro LEDS on my 2016 using his hardness, everything works just fine. Search Ihacker and you will find the thread with all details.

Products Discussed in

To Top