1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

issue with phone connections

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Verkuyl, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Dec 4, 2016 at 12:30 AM
    Verkuyl

Verkuyl [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey fellas,

New to the boards but have had my 2013 SR5 for almost 2 years. Love the truck.

I've been experiencing issues with the BT handfree phone connection though. I originally had a good sync with my iphone 5, but had to re-pair every month or two. But for the last six months I am unable to take or make calls through the truck. I can play BT music and podcasts, but not calls or VM.

Ive deleted the phone and tried to rerun the process of establishing a new phone connection with no success. The stranges thing is the "womans voice" that says commands like; "listening, pair phone... is not audible at all, shes gone!

I took it back to the dealer and after a salesman tried unsuccessfully to fix they advised to book some shop time; atleast $85 for diagnostics alone!! I do need this fixed as I take alot of work calls and run a construction business.

Any experience or ideas?

2. Dec 4, 2016 at 3:03 AM
    Wvmoonshiner

Wvmoonshiner 2020 T4R Venture SE

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2020 T4R Venture Midnight black
    First if you haven't done so already I would try connecting another phone to the truck before I took it to the dealer. Could be an issue with your phone and not the truck.

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  3. Dec 4, 2016 at 6:59 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Great advice right there.^^^^

4. Dec 6, 2016 at 7:10 PM
    Verkuyl

Verkuyl [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks for replying.

I heeded your advice and connected my wife's phone. Again, no vocalization from the "guidance". Connection proved to reveal the same issue. Music plays fine, phone calls can be made but I cannot hear the caller through the system. Strangely enough they CAN hear me.

I was sure to crank the "guidance volume" when I came accross the setting, with no success.

Products Discussed in

To Top