1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is it just me

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 15whtrd, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:05 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Or does this bother others as well?
    F1CBD2FB-5B25-44C3-A961-8078251C3D8F.jpg 1DB7EAFF-07DB-4013-A21B-572CB3CAAD73.jpg C300DFFB-37C9-40AC-9B30-1EACBC1B8811.jpg 8D1A8358-B480-4708-B5D3-4396096123C4.jpg
    Look, I get it I’m using my phone while driving. But I kind of took the pictures blind and just point and shot. No excuses, I’m obviously using my phone while driving. Nevertheless! People that let their dogs sit in their lap, basically obstructing the view, irritate the crap out of me. Besides the fact that it’s super dangerous for the dog and owner. In an accident, that airbag could go off and shove that dog right up your nose.

Plus it’s just really irritating to me that you don’t have control over your dog and let it do whatever the hell it wants.I have spoke to people like this, and they usually say something like, well that’s where he wants to be and I can’t get him to stop. Really lady!?

I could go on but I think that is enough.

Casper3, Toyotoholic, porkitt and 6 others like this.
  2. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:11 PM
    jewsNbrews

jewsNbrews SSEM #8 level 3, RGBA #5 lab tested lab approved

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Jewiston Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Bolt on
    Nope, i am sure others are irritated by it as well. In rural areas where i am it doesnt bother me. But when i go to the city or on the freeway and see this it does irritate me.

And people that give that excuse dont deserve dogs. Dogs are easily trainable. Your lazy ass just doesn't want take the time to train it. Those are the same people that put down blue chucks because they cant get the dog to use the bathroom outside like they should as well.

3. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:16 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    I let Max ride on console, right n left lap and he hangs over window :anonymous: :sorry:

OR18TRD and 15whtrd[QUOTED][OP] like this.
  4. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:20 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Definitely out in the country is different. But here in the city there are just too many distractions. The driver and the dog get distracted, and who knows what could happen next. I’d hate to see that dog jump out the window. I don’t care much for little foofoo dogs, but at the same time I’m a dog person and love all dogs.

jewsNbrews[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:24 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I guess I just feel like some of these owners that do this, already are bad drivers, add a dog in their view and it’s just worse. Not to mention this lady look like she was maybe 5 feet tall so her view is obstructed for sure.

if my dog wants to ride in the front seat, that’s fine, but I’ve trained her to stay on her side. Same thing in the backseat. Once I put you there, that’s where you stay.

my mom had a tiny little foofoo dog, but she buckled her in with a harness. Because that dog would not stop trying to get in my mom‘s lap.

I guess I just want to be ready for any evasive maneuvers. Last thing I want is a dog between me and what I need to do LOL.

6. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:28 PM
    Bprose

Bprose Old member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    17 Tundra CM TRD
    I see people letting their baby’s and toddlers ride like that.
    Saw a lady reading a book in a Tesla on I-5 in LA doing 65 w kids in back seat. At least they were in car seats.

15whtrd[OP] and jewsNbrews like this.
  7. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:39 PM
    jwatt

jwatt I heart men

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Salsa Red 2007 Tundra DC @91k.
    7" BDS Coilover Suspension Lift/BDS UCAs/XB LED Headlights/Nitto trail Grappler tires on Black Rhyno Armory wheels
    Sorry, but I find your post a little hypicritical.

15whtrd[OP] likes this.
  8. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:40 PM
    jewsNbrews

jewsNbrews SSEM #8 level 3, RGBA #5 lab tested lab approved

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Jewiston Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Bolt on
    Same, i love all dogs.

My bad habit is putting them in the bed unrestricted. Both of mine never stand on the side or wheel wells. I have trained them not too. I should restrain them, but 95 % of the time i am in the booneys with little to no traffic. I wouldnt have them in the bed if i was going to the city or on the freeway unrestricted. I kennel them if i am doing that.

15whtrd[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  9. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:40 PM
    Pinay

Pinay New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Monet
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black - SR5 - CrewMax - 4x4 - TSS Dirty Seven Club
    Mahal kita Kuya
    ‘Member this seat? I don’t always have Gaga strapped in but this does have that option.

9524C3E6-94C2-4155-A135-4BB57D8ADF9F.jpg

Ostrich, saybng, FrenchToasty and 2 others like this.
  10. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:40 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Hahahahaha :rofl:
    He’s totally pouting!

11. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:42 PM
    Hbjeff

Hbjeff New Member

Member:
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 5.7 2wd
    Trd sways, bullydog, magnaflow, sumo springs
    I agree. It should be considered unsafe driving

15whtrd[OP] likes this.
  12. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:44 PM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    Haha! Hypocritical maybe. :boink: It would have been cool if you had a passenger to take your pics.

That said, I agree with you. Dogs shouldn’t be in the driver’s lap. Really— we love them and are responsible for their safety— they should be restrained. A crash at 60 that would kill or disable a human will kill or disable a dog. And damn, off-roading too.

Tundyfundy and 15whtrd[OP] like this.
  13. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:46 PM
    Johnsonman

Johnsonman New Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Sequoia
    LED headlamps/fogs; interior footlamps.
    Dogs, I see folks do that with kids! now and even more so when I was a young. I'd see 18 month olds hanging half way out the driver window barely wrapped around a parents arm holding the steering wheel. I asked my mom how they transported me when I was an infant (early 60s), a box laid in the footwell. amazing many of us are even here today. haha. :^)))

OR18TRD, 15whtrd[OP] and jewsNbrews like this.
  14. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:51 PM
    Jbehredt

Jbehredt Burgeoning member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Westminster, CO
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro DC White
    All I could see at first glance was a California plate.... yep they bother me ;)

Ostrich, Hbjeff, jewsNbrews and 2 others like this.
  15. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:54 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    See, all that makes sense. Out in the boonies, it’s a different animal, excuse the pun that was intended. When I was a kid, I rode around at two or three years old in the back of a pick up truck with all my friends. Things weren’t so busy back then around here. Shoot my father was a firefighter and he had me doing it. But it was also out in the desert near China Lake.

I’m guilty of not restraining my dogs inside the truck, I need to get them some harnesses to snap into the seatbelts. But I also make sure my dog can’t jump out the window and only roll them down just enough.

I was in traffic one time, and this person’s dog just jumped out the window. It was a beautiful Doberman pincher, luckily I was able to jump out of the truck and grab the dog. I was pretty pissed at the owner though. You never know what a dog is going to do with all the distractions in a city.

16. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:56 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    She’s a good shotgun rider! Her and I spent hours together LOL! She knew her spot, and I was sitting in it, so she sat with me. Gaga is a good girl!

jewsNbrews and Pinay[QUOTED] like this.
  17. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:58 PM
    Pinay

Pinay New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Monet
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black - SR5 - CrewMax - 4x4 - TSS Dirty Seven Club
    Mahal kita Kuya
    She’s propped up by a cardboard box so she can see errything and will lunge at an enemy dog if seen!
    The whole booster with box is seat belted in and extra strap for her harness. Ready for the next trip!

18. Jan 13, 2020 at 4:58 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I admitted it! And if you notice I’m following at a safe distance. I think it was only doing 25 or 30. No excuses though. Like I said it was a quick point and shoot. I wasn’t trying to get the perfect selfie LOL

19. Jan 13, 2020 at 5:00 PM
    Marty McFly

Marty McFly Nobody calls me chicken!! Except when off roading

Member:
    First Name:
    Morty McBoonJug
    McBoonJug = McDonald’s and Moonshine in a Jug
    Vehicle:
    2016 StormTrooper Tundra CrewMax TRD PRO

This is nothing, I was driving through Mid-City last week and saw a lady sleeping while her Tesla was on auto pilot :facepalm:

20. Jan 13, 2020 at 5:03 PM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    But was she drunk?!! :cheers:

21. Jan 13, 2020 at 5:03 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    YA THINK!!!!!
    Obviously I admitted it. Derf. I didn’t use the word hypocritical, but that’s basically what I just said.
    Welcome to the site.

22. Jan 13, 2020 at 5:05 PM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Haha! I responded after this guy commented. Why I acknowledged his point. As you did yourself, Sean. Anyway, it’s funny and you made a good point.

Tundyfundy, porkitt and 15whtrd[OP] like this.
  23. Jan 13, 2020 at 5:06 PM
    Marty McFly

Marty McFly Nobody calls me chicken!! Except when off roading

Member:
    First Name:
    Morty McBoonJug
    McBoonJug = McDonald’s and Moonshine in a Jug
    Vehicle:
    2016 StormTrooper Tundra CrewMax TRD PRO
    It was about 11 am near La Brea, so it’s a good possibility lol

24. Jan 13, 2020 at 5:16 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Oh I got it! But, figured I’d be a smartass right back. If your first post around here is going to be like that, you obviously can take a little town foolery. Or if he’s completely serious, I feel sorry for him.

25. Jan 13, 2020 at 5:20 PM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    U
    Hahaha! That is funny! Very first post was to call you out!! We gotta meet this guy. See what we can get him to try with his truck. :rolleyes:

26. Jan 13, 2020 at 5:21 PM
    Kerch71

Kerch71 Surgical Precision

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Mechanicsville VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 CM SC TRD Pro/ICON/Total Chaos Build
    CM TRD Pro glass panels, Icon 2.5, TC long travel UCA/LCA, Toyota supercharger, Airlift rear suspension, Warn winch, custom front and rear bumper, Coachbuilder roof rack, lengthened chassis 12", 37" Nitto Grapplers, custom graphics, Magnaflow Flowmaster 4" SS Exhaust
    Yeah, it bugs the hell out of me. I won't let my dogs in the front. Can't stand the distraction, and it's very unsafe for the dog as well. Shouldn't be legal, and I'm betting it probably isn't in a lot of places.

27. Jan 13, 2020 at 5:25 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Luckily the seats have sensors and the airbag won’t go off as long as your dog doesn’t weigh enough. But I do typically keep my dogs in the back. That’s why I bought the dog hammock for the backseat. but if I’m out camping and take a little adventure in the truck, I’ll let my dog ride shotgun. She feels special when I let her LOL.

jewsNbrews and Kerch71[QUOTED] like this.
  28. Jan 13, 2020 at 5:26 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Ha ha! I learned my lesson, I’ll be spotter.

Sunnier[QUOTED] and jewsNbrews like this.
  29. Jan 13, 2020 at 5:29 PM
    Kerch71

Kerch71 Surgical Precision

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Mechanicsville VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 CM SC TRD Pro/ICON/Total Chaos Build
    CM TRD Pro glass panels, Icon 2.5, TC long travel UCA/LCA, Toyota supercharger, Airlift rear suspension, Warn winch, custom front and rear bumper, Coachbuilder roof rack, lengthened chassis 12", 37" Nitto Grapplers, custom graphics, Magnaflow Flowmaster 4" SS Exhaust
    They do feel special that's for sure! Out in the sticks, I've got no issues with it. But city driving, totally different.

30. Jan 13, 2020 at 5:29 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    On the nose!

jewsNbrews likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top