1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interior Detailing Helper Thread

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Ckatz53, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Jul 17, 2020 at 7:04 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Tundra CM Limited 4x4
    www.fouroneodetailing.com
    Introduction

Starting this thread to hopefully help folks with interior cleaning issues and hacks I use on a weekly basis. Short intro: I run a part-time detailing business and have learned quite a bit in the short amount of time of the do's and don'ts of interior work. Hoping my experiences and "hacks" can help folks with sticky (pun intended) situations. I have dealt with a lot of grimy interiors and hope this will help.

Going to split this into several sections so bear with me. I'm sure I will skip or miss a ton of information. So, we will roll with it at is goes and get information out when it is asked. I will update this over the course of the next few days with pictures.

This is strictly MY way of doing things and are in no way meant to be posted as the only way. There are a million ways to skin a cat. If you have something else, or a better way, share it! We can all learn from one another and I'm always down to try new things.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Nicklovin, Cougareb, gosolo and 7 others like this.
  2. Jul 17, 2020 at 7:04 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    My Go-To Chemicals

Simple Green (all purpose cleaner)
    • This is a favorite. Dilutable for different uses and cheap, it can be used for a myriad of jobs. My dilution ratios are as follows. 3:1 for boat oxidization and wheel wells, only used for rubber floor mats for the interior. 30:1 for heavy grime/staining on interiors. 50:1 for most light applications for general interior cleaning. APCs are aggressive by nature. Always test on a small, inconspicuous spot if you're unsure how it will work.
    Dawn dish soap
    • 32 ounce bottle sprayer with a dab of Dawn soap goes on pretty much everything. Great cleaning power and still sensitive enough to not damage or dry out interior components. I also always have a cup of water with some Dawn in it and interior "painters" brushes.
    Meguiar's Interior Detailer
    • When a vehicle is only lightly soiled and doesn't need much (Ex. dusty dashboards), this is my go to. It is relatively cheap and is a great product for wiping dust and it simultaneously applies UV protection qualities. Good for quick cleans and cheaper packages I provide.
    Aerospace 303
    • This is a UV protectant and works amazing (as most folks already know). It can get quite shiny on certain dashboards, so if a customer, or yourself, prefers a duller finish, use the Meguiar's Interior Detailer.
    Biokleen Bac Out
    • This is for super heavy, gross staining and enzyme removal. I have not found a better carpet spot removal spray than this. My wife found it and it is good for removing stains from your clothes prior to wash as well. It is quite pricey. For most general carpet stains, see the next "product."
    Carpet Stain Removal
    • This is not a product you buy over the counter. I have found this recipe for my own carpet stain removal solution will remove almost any stain inside a vehicle on carpet or upholstery. For those that it won't, I use the Biokleen Bac Out in unison with this recipe and it works wonders.

• Recipe: 2 tablespoons of liquid detergent, 2 ounces APC, 1 scoop Oxiclean, 1 tablespoon fabric softener, 2 tablespoons of Hydrogen Peroxide, several drops of Lemon essential oil for the smell, 1 gallon of water. Breaks down to about $2/gal to make it yourself. Can't beat it.
    Biokleen Carpet Shampoo
    • This is a concentrate. Works amazing for deep carpet extractions. Several caps per gallon of water and you're good to go.
    Griot's Leather 3-in-1 Spray
    • Labeled as a leather "conditioner." I'll tell you right now, leather seats nowadays contain a protective layer on top of the leather. Nothing "conditions" leather unless this protective layering has been worn away over time. However, I do really enjoy this product. It does seem to soften leather seats after cleaning and gives a "new leather smell" to the vehicle, which customers seem to enjoy.
    Invisible Glass
    • I have tried a million glass products and always come back to Invisible Glass. It is ammonia free and easy on interior windows that tend to be tinted. DO NOT use Rain-X or any ammonia based cleaner on tinted windows. It WILL fume and destroy the tinting adhesive and create a mess.
    50/50 White Vinegar solution
    • Good for killing mold, mildew, and removing any funky smells in carpets and upholstery.

3. Jul 17, 2020 at 7:05 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    My Most Used Equipment

Square Microfiber Sponges
    • Chemical Guys sell some good ones. I've found the cheap Amazon ones (non-branded) work just as well. And since I burn through them so frequently, cheaper is better.1.jpg
    Rigid 4 Gallon 5.0 Peak HP Shop Vac
    • Tiny, portable, and a work-horse. I put it through the ringer and it's held up great. Get the car attachments for it (tinier, slender attachments for crevices included in that attachment package).
    2.jpg

Bissell Spot Clean Pro
    • Again, small and portable. Great suction and two hose attachments (large and small).
    3.jpg

McCulloch MC1375 Steam Cleaner
    • Steam cleaners are great for really old, caked on grime. I'll use it at least a couple times a month. At no point will a steam cleaner truly "sanitize" anything. The amount of time you have to hold hot steam on a surface to truly disinfect will completely destroy anything in the interior of a vehicle. This thing gets a good amount of use and speeds up cleaning times.
    4.jpg
    Microfiber Towels
    • Cheapo Costco/Amazon/wherever options are fine. Nothing on an interior, short of the clear dash cluster plastic or touch screen components need super soft microfibers. For those, I'll use 500 GSM Eagle towels from the Rag Company.
    Toothpicks and Razorblades
    • Wooden toothpicks and metal/plastic razorblades get used every single interior job. You will need the tiny edges and hard points to get into weird areas. This may be too "detailed" for most folks, but running a business, you have to do something to set yourself apart. This level of detail work is what does that.
    Brushes
    • I have an obsession with brushes. I go to Target and am always buying random brushes to test out. Get a ton. Different sizes, shapes, etc. The dish washing section in most stores have all types you can use. My go to is the OXO Good Grips Deep Clean brush set off Amazon. They're small and stout. Repeated use eats them up, but the pack is $6. Nothing to replace it. The rubber bladed ended gets used a lot for awkward angles/corners. Also pickup some interior style painter's brushes.
    5.jpg
    10.jpg

Lilly Brush/Chemical Guys Hair Removal Brush
    • Both of these are perfect for removing pet hair from carpets and upholstery.
    6.jpg
    7.jpg

Pump Sprayer
    • Any pump sprayer would do. I just use a HDX from Home Depot. There are high-end ones out there...but I just don't see the need for it. This works for my application. Gallon of water with the Biokleen Bac Out carpet shampoo concentrate in it. Pump it up and spray onto carpets/upholstery.
    8.jpg
    Amazon Bristle Brush Drill Attachment
    • These brushes are used on every job. I have the white (least aggressive) and green (most aggressive) set. The white flat circular brush attachment is used for car mats, upholstery, and carpets. The white and green dome shaped "toilet" style brush is used to get dirt/sand/debris unstuck from deep within carpet fibers.
    9.jpg

4. Jul 17, 2020 at 7:05 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    Commonly Used Procedures

This can get super intensive, so I'll try and keep it brief. Figured I'll detail some of my commonly used processes to show how easy it actually is to clean a vehicle's interior.

Rubber floor mats
    • Spray 3:1 APC and Dawn soap solution. Use white flathead drill brush in both directions to clean the mats. Spray off with a hose. Set out to dry. Finish with Aerospace 303.
    Hard plastic surfaces (doors, dash, center console, etc.)
    • 30:1 and 50:1 APC, Dawn soap solution sprayed everywhere. Be careful not to soak electronics, radio, etc. Use dish brushes and painter's brushes to agitate grim/debris. Use steamer for caked on grime (Ex. melted lollipops). Dry with microfiber towels. Finish with Aerospace 303.
    Carpet/Upholstery Shampooing
    • Pump sprayer with Biokleen Carpet Shampoo concentrate. Spray everywhere. Agitate with white flat circular drill brush. Use Bissell extractor as intended.
    Vacuuming
    • This may be super trivial, but after spending hours vacuuming cars, this tip will save you HOURS vacuuming. Use the white or green cylindrical "toilet" style drill brush and a drill. Lay it flat and run it over every carpeted surface in the vehicle. Dirt, sand, leaves, sticks, etc that are often stuck deep within your carpet fibers will be pulled up. They'll fly everywhere, but vacuuming is then a breeze. SUPER dumb thing to type out, but it is probably the biggest time saving procedure I do regularly.
    Removing carpet smells
    • This isnt used often but everytime I've done it, it has worked. Purchase some Arm and Hammer Pet Fresh powder typically used on your house carpets. After cleaning/extracting and letting it dry a bit (using fans help), liberally sprinkle this and some baking soda onto the carpet. Use a soft bristle brush to work it into the fibers. Let it sit for a good 20-30 minutes. Then vacuum it all up. I'll typically place 2 to 4 red solo cups of a baking soda/pet fresh mixture in the vehicles cupholders and instruct a client to mix it up every so often over the course of the next few days. Has always worked for me. Maybe a weird approach but I don't feel comfortable dumping ozone into someone's car. This works for many smells such as wet dog, enzyme smells (ex. spilled milk or vomit), and some smoker's vehicles. Of course, the key to helping smells is first eliminating the source, so get that cleaned up first.

5. Jul 17, 2020 at 7:05 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    F****d Up Interior Photos & How I Fixed 'Em

Subaru WRX

A lot of these pictures washed out in the sun so you can't tell how bad the seats were, but the owner used this WRX to hunt out of...so you can imagine.

This one got a full carpet and upholstery seat extraction. Much of the hard plastic surfaces were cleaned with 50:1 or 30:1 APC. Some harder spots got the steamer.

Before:
    2.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.jpg

After:
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg

2008 Jeep Liberty

Chose this job to show how a good leather cleaning can really change the interior of a vehicle, even if the seats don't look bad to begin with. Except for the spillage of something on the rear bench, they didn't look that bad. 50:1 and 30:1 APC with the Dawn mixture with a flat drill brush and steamer to the seats. Then gently massaged Griot's Leather 3 in 1 into the seats to soften them up and bring a gloss back to them.

Before:
    10.jpg
    12.jpg

After:
    9.jpg
    11.jpg

Dodge Journey

This one is a pretty blatant example of just letting your car interior go. Full carpet extraction and LOTS of vacuuming and drill brushing to loosen up the dirt in the carpet fabric.

Before:
    22.jpg
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    19.jpg
    18.jpg

After:
    17.jpg
    16.jpg
    15.jpg
    14.jpg
    13.jpg

Toyota Prius

This was an annoying job, mainly because the owner undersold how bad it was and my dumbass didn't ask for pictures by mistake before accepting the job. Took two days and was severely, severely underpaid. But that was my fault so I sucked it up. Prius was used on a farm to haul hay and a legit mini-horse......so yeah.

Full extraction, vacuum, and some serious "dust" removal using APC/Dawn. Some stains are just impossible to take out without carpet dying. I'm not familiar with how to do it, so I'll work a stain multiple times until I'm satisfied that's the best it will do. It is what it is sometimes and I explain that to every customer before starting a job.

Before:
    32.jpg
    31.jpg
    30.jpg
    29.jpg
    28.jpg

After:
    27.jpg
    26.jpg
    25.jpg
    24.jpg
    23.jpg

Pet Hair Removal

Grab the Lilly Brush, Chemical Guy's pet hair brush, and/or a drill brush for these jobs. Collect it all into a pile and vacuuming is easy.

Before:
    34.jpg

After:
    33.jpg

Center Console/Cupholder Cleaning

Probably the best transformations are these, simply because the driver sees them all the time. For these, 50:1 and 30:1 APC along with the Dawn spray solution works great. Cupholders, change holders, etc get a painter's brush and dawn scrubbed around inside. Small OXO brushes get used on knobs. Also, to really ensure something is clean, I'll turn the vehicle on and hit the parking brake. I'll run the gear shifter through the gears to clean as I go. Nothing more disappointing than someone shifting from park to drive to see gunk that you missed. Do this for steering wheels too! Turn left/right as well as adjusting it up and down. It's the little things. Finish up with Aerospace 303.

Before:
    36.jpg

After:
    35.jpg

Leather Seats

As seen above, leather seats (especially white, beige, or any other light color) transformations can be pretty drastic.

My process is always pretty much the same. Spray on 50:1 or 30:1 APC depending on severity along with the Dawn solution spray bottle. Hit it with some steam and grab either the flat white drill brush or any other larger brush (some older seats I'll manually scrub instead of a drill as to prevent further damaging them). Wipe dry and get some Griot's Leather 3 in 1 on there. The before/afters and 50/50 shots are pretty cool to see.

Before:
    39.jpg

After:
    40.jpg

Before:
    41.jpg

After:
    42.jpg

50/50 shot (no, I cannot make cigar burn holes magically disappear):
    43.jpg

bulldog93, coldcanuk, khunk and 5 others like this.
  6. Jul 17, 2020 at 7:05 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    My Personal Quick Tips
    1. Always test something in an inconspicuous place first. Somes chemicals aren't designed specifically for interior use. Does not mean you cannot use them, just be cautious.
    2. Less is more. Soaking an interior can be a pain to fully dry/extract. Use just enough chemicals and water to get the job done. If you fully soak your carpet and you spilled something 6 months ago and it seeped into the padding, it can and most likely will reignite any smells. I have had two jobs now where I had to return to remove specifically the smell of old expired milk. But, that is where I learned. I tell every customer that there is the possibility, no matter how careful, that old smells will reignite and will need to be dealt with separately. Both customers were happy with the first service and the subsequent return to remove smells.
    3. When in doubt, YouTube. YouTube has a silly amount of information on how to clean certain things. My favorites are "The Detail Geek" and "Stauffer Garage" YouTube channels. They're always documenting nasty interior detailing and it's quite fascinating.
    4. Dawn dish soap and 50:1 APC mixed together will clean just about any surface effectively and safely. It is my #1 used every time for any issues. Headliners come clean great with 50:1 APC as well.
    5. Don't run a dry microfiber cloth on your plastic dash cluster screen. This plastic is super soft and will scratch. Either spray some invisibly glass or dawn mixture onto it, or use a rag you've been drying things with for a while and is sufficiently wet before wiping this. Dry microfibers will scratch the plastic up. Plastic-X from Meguiar's (meant for headlights) can fix the majority of these scratches.

dondino, bulldog93, itstorbs and 6 others like this.
  7. Jul 17, 2020 at 7:08 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    Reserved.

8. Jul 18, 2020 at 11:57 AM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    Updated with some pictures of products, common procedures, etc. Will finish it up tonight at work when I get some downtime with the good stuff (shots of befores and afters of vehicles I've done, they're all saved on my work computer). But feel free to add other ideas, opinions, favorite interior products, whatever it may be. Figured this would be a lesser used than some of the other detail threads, albeit good source of info for other folks that may find themselves with interior cleaning issues or questions.

@Swfltoyomafia @Pudge @War Machine @briarpatch

9. Jul 18, 2020 at 1:57 PM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    Nice post. What do you recommend for water spots on Tundra cloth seats? Condensation dripped off some cold drinks and made a stain on my driver's seat.

10. Jul 18, 2020 at 2:06 PM
    ToyoMafia

ToyoMafia SSEM #15-3MW-RGBA#?-@toyomafiaworld Vendor

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Magic carpet.
    Cool slaps and plastiDip
    Great thread very detailed from a member that knows what he is doing. I think my trickiest thing to tackle are dirty headliners and smoke smell both are very difficult smoke being about impossible. I want to commend you for putting this together I feel it will help a lot of members out. Tight work as always.

Ckatz53[OP] likes this.
  11. Jul 18, 2020 at 3:34 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    I have not had to clean cloth Tundra seats so I cant speak from experience specifically. But I have done other Toyota cloth seats of a similar nature. 50:1 diluted APC sprayed into a microfiber and blotted on the "stain" you see and rubbed in/dried (30:1 if it's super stubborn). It shouldn't be a true stain, just leftover minerals/dirt left in the condensation that dries up and gets left in the cloth. If that doesn't work, I've used the carpet cleaners mentioned above. And above all else if that doesn't work (it should), upholstery extraction.

Most everything I've gotten on headliners comes out with 30:1 or 50:1 APC sprayed into a rag and the spot blotted. Ozone generators are suppose to work well for smoke and I know there are a few marketed specifically for vehicles. I know hotels use them to desmoke rooms that people smoke up. Ozone is dangerous though so be careful with that stuff. Super bad for your lungs.

12. Jul 18, 2020 at 3:41 PM
    ToyoMafia

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Magic carpet.
    Cool slaps and plastiDip
    I have a ozone generator and it produces a lot of ozone. It work for a week or so in a smoked in vehicle but that stuff is bad news. It’s very harsh so I don’t touch it anymore.

War Machine likes this.
  13. Jul 18, 2020 at 3:44 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I was going to get one but then I thought of the back end....pumping that much ozone into a car then two weeks later I get blamed for a sickness or something. The liability just had me feeling weird about it. Can always try the baking soda/carpet powder trick!

14. Jul 18, 2020 at 3:47 PM
    ToyoMafia

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Magic carpet.
    Cool slaps and plastiDip
    Yeah it ain’t good. Masking is the best I’ve come up with. Good rule of thumb if you don’t smoke don’t buy a car that’s been smoked in.

GODZILLA likes this.
  15. Jul 18, 2020 at 3:54 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    Yup. I just added another procedure up top for carpet smells that may work or help alleviate. I havent been asked to remove smokers smell per se, but that Sequoia I did a while ago I did that inside of it since the dude smoked cigars regularly and it helped a ton but didnt remove it completely (dude didnt ask for it so I didnt go crazy trying to remove it knowing it would be right back within a month).

GODZILLA and ToyoMafia[QUOTED] like this.
  16. Jul 18, 2020 at 6:32 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    Updated with the money shots.

GODZILLA and ToyoMafia like this.
  17. Jul 18, 2020 at 7:33 PM
    hiline406

hiline406 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2018 Double Cab
    Great info; thanks for sharing!

ToyoMafia and Ckatz53[OP] like this.
  18. Jul 19, 2020 at 5:40 AM
    jrquist

jrquist Canon Shooter

Member:
    Carlton, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Sport Super Bright White
    The thing with the ozone generators is giving them time. My 4Runner smelled like wet dogs so I let the ozone generator run for a week inside with the windows closed and have never have had a dog smell since. When done let it air out for as long as possible.

StephenTexas and Ckatz53[OP] like this.
  19. Jul 19, 2020 at 5:49 AM
    ToyoMafia

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Magic carpet.
    Cool slaps and plastiDip
    If I let mine run for a week I’d probably get a visit from the epa

GODZILLA and Ckatz53[OP] like this.
  20. Jul 19, 2020 at 7:54 AM
    jrquist

jrquist Canon Shooter

Member:
    Carlton, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Sport Super Bright White

My generator is something like 8x9x12 and has different screens for how much ozone you want to generate. The brand is Living Air and the model is a XL15C. Yours sounds like it is more commercial unit for smoke damage furniture and such.

ToyoMafia[QUOTED] likes this.
  21. Jul 19, 2020 at 8:06 AM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    Excellent post. Very helpful for someone like me who absolutely hates interior detailing. I adapted some soft toothbrushes by heating them just above the brush.....once the plastic heated up, I could bend them into almost any angle I wanted. They became very useful when cleaning nasty cup holders. I've been using toothpicks and plastic razor blades, as well as popsicle sticks for some hard to reach places too. A few years ago, my wife bought me a Shark hand held vacuum cleaner with detailing kit, and I adapted it to work with my Ridgid shop vac to give it some extra suction for hard to reach places.

Some great saves on those interiors too......you should have gotten hazard pay for that Prius

22. Jul 19, 2020 at 8:20 AM
    Cthulhu

Cthulhu The White and Black Goat of the Woods

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited CM Premium Package
    I bought a Sequoia for my wife that had been smoked in. First thing was to remove the in-cabin filter and put a new one in, lightly pre-sprayed with Fabreze. Then, I used the Meguiar’s scent bomb. Fresh scent for about a month. Came back. Used a Tornador with some cleaner on the carpet, and cleaned the headliner. Good for about 2 months, then the scent came back. Since then, just been scent bombing the vehicle monthly, before the scent comes back. I’ll just keep bombing it monthly until I get rid of it I guess. Maybe after a year I’ll let it go and see if the scent comes back. Moral of the story, smoked-in vehicle almost impossible to get rid of the scent, whether or not you’re a pro...

23. Jul 19, 2020 at 9:04 AM
    Rockgate

Rockgate New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2022 CMLB TRD OR Prem. 4X4 and 2002 RCLBV65Spd
    Very nice explanation and tips. While I am no cleaning pro, I have acquired quite a few products and tools for inside and outside. You do amazing work in the before and aft pics. Thanks!

Ckatz53[OP] likes this.
  24. Jul 19, 2020 at 9:06 AM
    TrashcanBand

TrashcanBand New Member

Member:
    CenTex
    Vehicle:
    Tundra
    You couldn’t have timed this any better. We just got back from a road trip to Gulf Shores and I have A LOT of work to do on the wife’s Suburban. Thank you so much for this post.

25. Jul 19, 2020 at 5:09 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    I hate interiors as well lol. But your average person could care less about their paint and would prefer a clean interior. That prius really hurt my soul.

Ozone it!

Appreciate that!

If ya got any questions or need help, post here or shoot me a DM. I check the forum at least once a day.

26. Jul 19, 2020 at 5:21 PM
    DesertRoads

DesertRoads Telecom Guy

Member:
    Utah's West Desert
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC SR5 V8 4WD LSD & TOW PKG
    LED Lights Galore, My Factory Skid Plate Was Stolen
    Nice work! Best wishes on your detailing business.

GODZILLA and Ckatz53[OP] like this.
  27. Jul 19, 2020 at 5:27 PM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    Thank you!

28. Jul 20, 2020 at 4:26 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Outstanding thread sir! Tons of great tips and you definitely do some fantastic work.

On the subject of ozone generators: I have one, and use it sparingly. It absolutely does the job, but should really be reserved for extreme situations. Repeated use can not only cause a health hazard, but can wreck your electronics.
    The one I use has a timer on it, and I set it for 30 minutes or less. I’ve only gone over that in a bedroom that had some water damage. It will kill odors, mildew, etc. It can also kill bugs, if you have an issue there. I used it in a tool shed that had some wasps once. Killed them without harsh chemicals or having to risk getting stung.
    If you do end up having to go with this nuclear option, vent the hell out of the area afterwards. The gas it puts out is very harsh. The couple of occasions I’ve used it in a vehicle, I’ve made sure it wouldn’t be driven for a few days. Like I said, it does work. It’s an inexpensive item that has many uses. Just be very careful. Do some research, and follow all guidelines per the manufacturer.

29. Jul 20, 2020 at 7:50 AM
    Ckatz53

Ckatz53 [OP] Newish

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    Could use an ozone right about now. Currently in progress. Drains clogged and mildew everywhere. Halfway done and the smell of wet dog has been replaced with vinegar and apc lol. Had to pull the seats for this one.

20200720_072014.jpg

bulldog93 likes this.
  30. Jul 20, 2020 at 8:10 AM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    :puke:

That's just awful. I mean, I am not great about cleaning my vehicle, but damn. Thank you for this post! Wish I had seen it before I dry clothed my instrument cluster!:censored: I also have a question about the detailing trade and etiquette: is gratuity expected or accepted? I've never had a vehicle properly detailed and I don't want to be committing any faux-pas by tipping/not tipping.

ToyoMafia and War Machine like this.
To Top